New MBP's available in anodized colors?

george.dye

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 17, 2008
I shall propose that the new MBP updates will introduce colored cases. The http://www.tomsguide.com/us/macbookpro-apple-refresh-opinion,review-1513-6.html

I found this to be an interesting read; however biased. Although the comment about the machines having an option for color was an interesting and unique perspective.

What are your thoughts about this prediction? I had not given the issue any thought until I had read it. Now I am hoping for the latest and greatest: in black!:cool:

Peter95

macrumors member
Jan 27, 2010
I shall propose that the new MBP updates will introduce colored cases. The http://www.tomsguide.com/us/macbookpro-apple-refresh-opinion,review-1513-6.html

I found this to be an interesting read; however biased. Although the comment about the machines having an option for color was an interesting and unique perspective.

What are your thoughts about this prediction? I had not given the issue any thought until I had read it. Now I am hoping for the latest and greatest: in black!:cool:
i dont think so..... i think that whole color is a thing of the past....
if they do decide to come back to colors, i believe they'll keep it within the regular macbook

Streethawk

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2010
Manchester, UK
It wouldnt appeal to me personally. I think the brushed aluminium finish looks great. But seeing as they've done the Nanochromatic thing with iPods it could happen i suppose.

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
Apple has steadily moved away from colors, they dabbled with them during the early iMac days, and then again with the iPods. Their "Pro" lines never had color and I don't think they'll change that philosophy now.

Personally, I'd welcome the change but I don't think its likely.

Spandexman

macrumors regular
Dec 5, 2009
I'm pretty sure there's a site that does this, and they looked pretty good. I'd ike a dark blue one, or red :cool:

nufanec

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2005
I hope not - although a black option would look pretty cool. Scratches and wear would be an absolute nightmare.

The Sun Wedge

macrumors newbie
Mar 4, 2010
Perth, Western Australia
I can easily see 2 colours happening, black anodized and the current silver although it hasn't been done before for the pros. I think the main issue other than production volumes is keeping in style with all the other mac products.

A product like the ipod nano has such large production volumes anyway and the extra degree of individuality the colours bring helps sell in that case.

Personally though I would love to see a blue one.

Law213

macrumors newbie
Feb 1, 2010
Look, this is a simple one. Steve Jobs is looking to the future. A Jobsian future. Like Bond villians, he wants us in monochromatic colors. Takes away identity you see, makes people more concerned with the group than themselves (think armies, the Hale Bop people, etc.).

A colored (is that the PC-no pun intended- term, or is that racist?) computer allows the people individuality and choice, something not valued or desired in the Jobsian Body Politik of the future. Black, white, gray, silver...these are the good options, the happy options, the innovative options and we will all agree.

I don't say this out of fear, but out of certainty and anxious expectation.

Dr. No: The Americans are fools. I offered my services. They refused. So did the East. Now they can both pay for their mistake.

Bond: World domination. Same old dream. Our asylums are full of people who think they're Napoleon....................................or God.

gfiz

macrumors 6502
Dec 18, 2009
Virginia
I could see a black anodized version, but white looks like ***** and unless they did them just in time with BTO options (which would probably be expensive as hell), I can't see them stocking any other colors. A purple $100 ipod sitting inventory for a few months is much more manageable than a $2500 MBP.

highscheme

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2009
In an ideal world, they should definitely have different anodized colors.

They have been using this silver metal finish across all sizes of their "pro" notebooks forever, and honestly, it is a bit boring.

SPNarwhal

macrumors 65816
Apr 22, 2009
illinois
I bet the new MBPs will come in multiple colors. As long as the one you want is silver. ;)
this quote makes no sense.
even if wanted silver and they come out with multiple colors there would be multiple colors.
i think you meant that they will come out in "any color you want"
as long as the color you want is silver.

smartass.

t0mat0

macrumors 603
Aug 29, 2006
Home
Seems it's something that if the user really wants, they can get it custom done at their own leisure.

tomjleeds

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2004
Manchester, UK
this quote makes no sense.
even if wanted silver and they come out with multiple colors there would be multiple colors.
i think you meant that they will come out in "any color you want"
as long as the color you want is silver.

smartass.
Ah, can't beat a forum for a bit of unnecessary aggression.