New MBP's available in anodized colors?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by george.dye, Mar 4, 2010.

1. george.dye macrumors member

I shall propose that the new MBP updates will introduce colored cases. The http://www.tomsguide.com/us/macbookpro-apple-refresh-opinion,review-1513-6.html

I found this to be an interesting read; however biased. Although the comment about the machines having an option for color was an interesting and unique perspective.

What are your thoughts about this prediction? I had not given the issue any thought until I had read it. Now I am hoping for the latest and greatest: in black!:cool:

2. Peter95 macrumors member

i dont think so..... i think that whole color is a thing of the past....
    if they do decide to come back to colors, i believe they'll keep it within the regular macbook

3. Streethawk macrumors 6502

It wouldnt appeal to me personally. I think the brushed aluminium finish looks great. But seeing as they've done the Nanochromatic thing with iPods it could happen i suppose.

4. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

Jaro65

I bet the new MBPs will come in multiple colors. As long as the one you want is silver. ;)

5. thebeautyisfake macrumors regular

Would they look good in different colours though?

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Apple has steadily moved away from colors, they dabbled with them during the early iMac days, and then again with the iPods. Their "Pro" lines never had color and I don't think they'll change that philosophy now.

Personally, I'd welcome the change but I don't think its likely.

7. Spandexman macrumors regular

I'm pretty sure there's a site that does this, and they looked pretty good. I'd ike a dark blue one, or red :cool:

8. nufanec macrumors regular

I hope not - although a black option would look pretty cool. Scratches and wear would be an absolute nightmare.

9. SteveSparks macrumors 6502a

SteveSparks

10. Gabriel GR macrumors 6502a

Gabriel GR

It would be really nice. I'd get either black or the electric blue from the ipod nano lineup.

11. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    I'm all for choice. I think it would be great to give consumers colour options; I haven't read any convincing argument against a choice in colours except a small camp of guys who will say no to any suggestion put forward unless it's their own.

12. The Sun Wedge macrumors newbie

The Sun Wedge

I can easily see 2 colours happening, black anodized and the current silver although it hasn't been done before for the pros. I think the main issue other than production volumes is keeping in style with all the other mac products.

A product like the ipod nano has such large production volumes anyway and the extra degree of individuality the colours bring helps sell in that case.

Personally though I would love to see a blue one.

13. MiLK© macrumors member

Colorware do this, but its very expensive. I wouldnt mind seeing a black MBP though.

14. waksibra macrumors newbie

15. Law213 macrumors newbie

Look, this is a simple one. Steve Jobs is looking to the future. A Jobsian future. Like Bond villians, he wants us in monochromatic colors. Takes away identity you see, makes people more concerned with the group than themselves (think armies, the Hale Bop people, etc.).

A colored (is that the PC-no pun intended- term, or is that racist?) computer allows the people individuality and choice, something not valued or desired in the Jobsian Body Politik of the future. Black, white, gray, silver...these are the good options, the happy options, the innovative options and we will all agree.

I don't say this out of fear, but out of certainty and anxious expectation.

Dr. No: The Americans are fools. I offered my services. They refused. So did the East. Now they can both pay for their mistake.

Bond: World domination. Same old dream. Our asylums are full of people who think they're Napoleon....................................or God.

[​IMG]

16. gfiz macrumors 6502

gfiz

I could see a black anodized version, but white looks like ***** and unless they did them just in time with BTO options (which would probably be expensive as hell), I can't see them stocking any other colors. A purple $100 ipod sitting inventory for a few months is much more manageable than a $2500 MBP.

17. highscheme macrumors regular

In an ideal world, they should definitely have different anodized colors.

They have been using this silver metal finish across all sizes of their "pro" notebooks forever, and honestly, it is a bit boring.

18. SPNarwhal macrumors 65816

SPNarwhal

this quote makes no sense.
    even if wanted silver and they come out with multiple colors there would be multiple colors.
    i think you meant that they will come out in "any color you want"
    as long as the color you want is silver.

smartass.

19. polotska macrumors 6502

Flower Power and Blue Dalmation are ripe for a return.

20. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Seems it's something that if the user really wants, they can get it custom done at their own leisure.

21. emiljan macrumors 6502

emiljan

Interesting idea, but way to expensive in my opinion. It would be cool to get a black uMBP though.

22. Opstech macrumors 6502a

Opstech

23. tomjleeds macrumors 6502

Ah, can't beat a forum for a bit of unnecessary aggression.

24. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    Yeah I thought that was silly also. The guy was just making a quip about the MBP's lack of colours..

25. maelstromr macrumors 6502

maelstromr

Plus a take off the Ford quote - "You can have a model T in any color you want, as long as it's black." Chill out people.