New Nike Apple Watch Bands Now Available for Purchase [Updated]

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Last week, Nike announced plans to release four new Nike+ Apple Watch bands in colors that match its line of Nike Air VaporMax Flyknit "Day to Night" shoes, and those watch bands are available for purchase as of today.

The new bands are available in four shades of pink and blue "inspired by the shade of the sky, from dawn to dusk," and each one matches a Flyknit shoe. Nike has offered Nike+ bands since the Nike+ Apple Watch debuted in 2016, but this is the first time the company has made an effort to introduce bands that match its shoes.

Nike's new Apple Watch bands are made of the same flexible fluoroelastomer material that's used for Apple's line of Sport bands, but Nike bands add perforations for ventilation purposes.

The bands are available from the Nike website for $49 each, and starting today, select Nike stores will also begin carrying them. Apple plans to start offering the new Nike+ bands in stores, from authorized retailers, and in specialty department stores in "early June."

Nike's matching Flyknit running shoes are also available starting today for $190.

Update: Many of the new Nike+ bands and Flyknit shoes have already sold out.

Article Link: New Nike Apple Watch Bands Now Available for Purchase [Updated]

DevNull0

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2015
More watch bands!!!! Finally, this is amazingly awesome and practically magic.

I don't even have to watch the keynote anymore. This is more than I could have dreamed about for 2017.

World transforming innovation like this is why Apple is going to be a 10 Trillion dollar company by 2020!!.

zed

macrumors 6502
Feb 4, 2002
Atlanta, GA
I have nothing against new Apple Watch bands, but I wish someone would spend some time fixing the broken Nike Running app. It crashes and deletes run data which makes it basically useless. I realize that Apple does not make the Nike Running App, but these items are dual branded and as such I was expecting Apple quality.

Last edited:

tkukoc

Cancelled
Sep 16, 2014
I have nothing again new Apple Watch bands, but I wish someone would spend some time fixing the broken Nike Running app. It crashes and deletes run data which makes it basically useless. I realize that Apple does not make the Nike Running App, but these items are dual branded and as such I was expecting Apple quality.
Yes, totally agree with the app comment. Nike needs to step up and fix the issues, it's extremely frustrating!

Reactions: SDColorado and zed

randyhudson

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2007
East Coast
I have nothing again new Apple Watch bands, but I wish someone would spend some time fixing the broken Nike Running app. It crashes and deletes run data which makes it basically useless. I realize that Apple does not make the Nike Running App, but these items are dual branded and as such I was expecting Apple quality.
Another limitation in the Nike app is heart rate. If you connect to Polar monitor using bluetooth, the built-in running app will use that instead of the unreliable watch bouncing on your arm. The Nike app didn't seem to support a bluetooth monitor (I think it displayed 0?)

truthertech

macrumors 68020
Jun 24, 2016
let's see

1. can't innovate my ass
2. where are the macs
3. jonny ive has been busy
4. this isn't news
5. nike sucks
6. apple sucks
7. samsung sucks

I think i got it all.

BTW - these shoes are ridiculously overpriced. In most of my run groups you'll hardly see nikes as they were the bose of running shoes.

Actually, as regards Bose, it's the opposite. Bose has always been a pricey brand that has had a tiny share of the market. In contrast, however overpriced, Nike still owns the running shoe market with about 60% of the US market. Apple was wise to partner with the big dog.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.