New O2 iphone 4 Tariffs released

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by scoopex, Jun 10, 2010.

1. nlr macrumors 6502

2. treyjustice macrumors 65816

treyjustice

and people in the US are getting upset. yall only get 1 GB thats even worse

3. codo macrumors 6502

Those tariffs are a joke - they've basically moved everything up a price band in an attempt to shove everyone onto 24 month contracts and capped the data.

I'm leaving for Vodafone when my contact expires; don't even care if it's more expensive, I'm just sick of O2.

4. 007dav91 macrumors member

it says
    New customers can buy one from any O2 shop, online, Apple Store, The Carphone Warehouse or Phones4U from 24 June onwards.

does that mean there not going to do pre orders ? and i cant seem to find anywhere on the page but are the handset prices on there aswell?

5. Pointer macrumors regular

Wow those tarrifs are pretty bad. The only glimmer of hope in there is that it confirms PAYG will be available on June 24th.

6. nlr macrumors 6502

02:

Our Wi-Fi Bolt On gives you access to unlimited Wi-Fi at over 10,000+ public hot spots with The Cloud and BT Openzone.

7. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

8. macdoc2012 macrumors member

But if you go to the simplicity page, the unlimited data tariffs are still there..

I signed up to a 12 month iPhone simplicity tariff last week, so that should stay unlimited data.

9. bobbytallant macrumors 6502

So are the tariffs worse than when the 3GS was launched (data usage aside)?

Like are the minutes/texts more expensive p/m than last year?

If so, will this indicate a higher PAYG price? Higher than £440? Surely not..

10. smiddlehurst macrumors 65816

Oh dear... O2 just managed to make me seriously question whether or not I want to go ahead with the iPhone 4, and after Apple had finally done enough on the hardware side to convince me to go ahead.

Minutes and texts are enough for me on the £30 a month (24 month) contract but the data limit is ridiculous. 500Mb would have me constantly worried about data use and is far too much of a drop off.

Wonder how much 3 are going to charge, they're looking more and more like the only hope for a decent tarriff.

11. Nicolasdec macrumors 65816

Nicolasdec

Well done o2. You just lost a customer. Data caps are ridiculous. fix your crap network don't make us adapt to it. I don't think this cap will last though. remember the original iphone had a 250mb cap? they got rid of that. We just have to make alot of noise.

12. codo macrumors 6502

They have moved the number of calls/texts into a higher priced tariff. I'm currently on a £35 3GS tariff which I would now need to pay £40 a month to get the same number of calls/texts on an 18 month contract.

13. nlr macrumors 6502

Vodafone is better than 02 for calls and 3G so maybe its time to convert...

14. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

**** that, I was all set to get one but not at those rates, I don't care about calling minutes I make about three mobile phonecalls a month I just want as much data as possible which means 24 months on the cheapest plan for £35/month which is just too much for a student.

15. djrm macrumors 6502

djrm

Hmmmm, what's this I see below the tariff box though??????????

[​IMG]

16. mouchoir macrumors 6502a

This is actually awful.

So, as an existing iPhone using o2 pay monthly user, if I upgrade my iPhone I end up having my minutes and data usage downgraded?

17. codo macrumors 6502

I agree! I certainly won't be renewing my contract with O2. I just don't like the brand anymore, the network is sub-par, they clearly have little respect for their customers. I feel absolutely no loyalty to the company. Time for a refresh.

18. BNZ1 macrumors regular

Ha capped data. I will be staying with my £20 simplicity for iphone plan and buying pay as you go phone!

I am presuming the handset will on prepay will cost the same as the 3GS - £549/32gb

19. codo macrumors 6502

I hate 24 month contracts too, I simply wont sign one.

20. bobbytallant macrumors 6502

Great opportunity for Voda, Orange and the rest to pip O2 now surely with unlimited usage or do we think they will follow suit.

Am I reading right in that you will get unlimited use if you sign up before Oct 2010 though?

21. JDee macrumors 6502a

If you sign up right now, you'll get unlimited data right up to October 2010.

If you signed up two years ago, your unlimited data will be stopped in October 2010.

If you signed up on September 30th, 2010, you'd have 1 day of unlimited usage, then bam... back down to limits.

22. ksolano macrumors regular

interesting from 02 "If you've already got an iPhone 3G or 3GS, you can get the latest iOS 4 for free."

23. oon macrumors newbie

is anyone else thinking about taking out the current iphone simplicity contracts, with unlimited data, before they remove them? Then just get the iPhone 4 on paygo?