New Photos of Claimed Next-Generation iPhone Parts Include Display Shield

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

French site Nowhereelse.fr points [Google translation] to several new photos of what are claimed to be parts for the next-generation iPhone. While a number of the parts are similar to those that have previously been seen, including a SIM card tray leaked earlier this week that appears to have come from the same company, one notable addition in the lower left of today's photos is what appears to be the protection shield that will attach to the back of the new iPhone's larger 4-inch display.

Other parts include the home buttons and front panel that have been seen a number of times previously, as well as flex cables for the device's sensors and external buttons and switches at the top left of the photos.

Article Link: New Photos of Claimed Next-Generation iPhone Parts Include Display Shield

1080p

macrumors 68030
Mar 17, 2010
Planet Earth
In B4 the non-believer - in denial - "Why a taller iPhone???!!!?!!!?" crowd shows up.

MacRumor crowd lately:
"Why a taller iPhone?"
"I am still hoping for a 4.3 wider iPhone!!!"
"It looks like the 4S! I want a dramatic redesign!"
"It doesn't look comfortable!"
"Tim is doubling down on secrecy! These are fakes!"
"Why is the headphone jack on the bottom? That's so stupid and asymmetrical!"
"The design is awful! I'll be sticking with my 3GS!"
"Steve NEVER would have allowed this!"
"I am getting an Android phone!"
"This is all some kind of trick to throw us off of the real design!"

Launch Day:

Last edited:

MkNuII

macrumors member
Jul 12, 2011
Portugal
If, like many people say, this is NOT the iPhone (Parts) to be released but a "purpose" leak and Apple turns out to magically display a different device, I think I'll be shocked/amazed by Tim Cook's doubling down on secrecy method... :x

newyorksole

macrumors 68040
Apr 2, 2008
New York.
These leaks can't possibly be of a new iPhone! They're all fake. Tim said he's doubling down on secrecy. Bring on the totally new extremely different iPhone!

......./sarcasm

xgman

macrumors 601
Aug 6, 2007
So exactly how wide is this new screen? How hard can it be to pull out a ruler?

slicecom

macrumors 68020
Aug 29, 2003
Toronto, Canada
In B4 the non-believer - in denial - "Why a taller iPhone???!!!?!!!?" crowd shows up.

MacRumor crowd lately:
"Why a taller iPhone?"
"I am still hoping for a 4.3 wider iPhone!!!"
"It looks like the 4S! I want a dramatic redesign!"
"It doesn't look comfortable!"
"Tim is doubling down on secrecy! These are fakes!"
You forgot "Why is the headphone jack on the bottom? That's so stupid and asymmetrical!"

Diaz72

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2012
I gotta say, the reason why I don't think this is legit is becuase the security at Foxconn can't possibly be this bad!

MacFather

macrumors 65816
Mar 16, 2012
We're going to double down on secrecy on products. Double down. I'm serious. I'm very serious!

wrkactjob

macrumors 65816
Feb 29, 2008
London
Will iPhones get any taller in the future?

What's the tallest an iPhone could get while still being practicable to use?

cwwilson

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2009
Oklahoma City, OK
Well from everything I've heard, Tim is doubling down on leak prevention so I'm calling fake on these. I know the evidence speaks the contrary but I refuse to let to let that change my mind!!!!

:rolleyes:

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
These leaks can't possibly be of a new iPhone! They're all fake. Tim said he's doubling down on secrecy. Bring on the totally new extremely different iPhone!

......./sarcasm
Yes, but who said Tim did not authorize the "leaks" these past couple of months? It's a huge marketing tease. It's really the equivalent of, say BMW or Audi, decking their "test" cars out in camo a couple years before intro and then bit by bit removing it as the car's launch date grows closer. If the car makers wanted 100% secrecy they'd 1) never remove the camo until introduction and 2) test cars in very remote locations where the car paparazzi is less likely to be.

But the car companies, like Apple, want the publicity; they want to get people excited and hyped up about their next product until all they can do is rush to buy it on launch day or sooner. It's a big game. People here take Tim's words (and did the same with Steve's) way, way too literal and concretely.

iCharles

macrumors newbie
Mar 2, 2009
I would be ok with this new phone however the lack of a cease and desist order makes me question if it is legit.

applesith

macrumors 68030
Jun 11, 2007
Manhattan
Looks good to me! It's really not that much different than the current 4/4S so the taller/sky is falling people should sit down.

Zaft

macrumors 68040
Jun 16, 2009
Brooklyn, NY
I think it's pretty clear now that this is what we are getting. To many consistent leaked for this to be fake IMO.