Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

As we wait for the iPhone 12 review embargo to lift later today, more pictures are circulating of the devices in real-world lighting conditions, providing a better look at the different colors available.

iphone-12-colors.jpeg

Leaker DuanRui has shared images on Twitter of the iPhone 12 in white, black, blue, green, and (PRODUCT)RED. The black and white colors are similar to the iPhone 11 colors, but the other colors are new.

iphone-12-pro-graphit-pacific-blue.jpeg

DuanRui also posted images of the iPhone 12 Pro in graphite and pacific blue, a deep blue color that's new to the Pro iPhone lineup. Pacific blue replaces the midnight green color that was introduced with the iPhone 11 Pro lineup. The iPhone 12 Pro and 12 Pro Max also come in silver and gold.

iphone-12-colors-and-pro-graphite-blue.jpeg

DuanRui previously provided an early unboxing video of iPhone 12 models, providing a closer look at the shiny new flat-edge design.

iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro pre-orders began last Friday, and shipments will begin arriving to customers this coming Friday. iPhone 12 mini and iPhone 12 Pro Max will be available to pre-order starting Friday, November 6. Let us know what you think of the colors in the comments below.

Article Link: New Photos Offer Better Look at iPhone 12 Color Options

Reactions: duanepatrick

otternonsense

Suspended
Jul 25, 2016
Berlin
I don't understand why Apple cannot (or will not) deliver a satisfyingly piano black Pro device and instead make these washed out grey-ish variations each year. Be it "space grey" or "graphite" or "Federighi hair" or whatnot, they keep getting lighter instead of darker. I'd just love to have a Darth Vadery black Pro phone, like the space black stainless steel Watch (that they bafflingly killed too except for the Hermes option). I don't think I'm the only one.

As for the 12 phones, they look like Lego bricks.

Last edited:

Lwii2boo

macrumors 6502
May 12, 2020
Paris, France
I don't understand why Apple cannot (or will not) deliver a satisfyingly black Pro device and instead make these washed out grey-ish variations each year. Be it "space grey" or "graphite" or "Federighi hair" or whatnot, they keep getting lighter instead of darker. I'd just love to have a Darth Vadery black pro phone, like the space black stainless steel Watch (which they bafflingly killed as well except for the Hermes version). I don't think I'm the only one.

As for the 12 phones, they look like Lego bricks.

I love real black too! Take a look at the regular 12 in Black, it's really nice IMO, kind of jet black 7 with mat camera and mat aluminium

Burebista

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2019
Graphite looks sleek af cause the finish matches the color of steel. So for anyone into this industrial aesthetics it’s a great option.

Not a fan of the shade of blue they chose for the 12, looks worse than most cheap chinese phones. Actually none of the 12s look appealing and it seems that’s by design. I think $800 phones should totally have premium looking finishes.

Last edited:

profets

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
They outdid themselves this year with the cheapness of the color palette of the cheaper iPhones :-\
The standard 12 colours are awful this year. Why black not space grey? Why white not silver?

I came to comment in a similar way - the 12 line of colours just look so dull to me. Figured I'd be in the minority, but maybe not.

I liked how colourful the XR line was. Even the 11 had a gorgeous yellow.

Actually interesting that both those lines had 6 colours each, and now the 12 has gone down to 5.

XR.jpg

11.jpg

Edit: looking back, the 5c was probably my favourite lineup in terms of iPhone colours

5C.jpg

UltimateSyn

macrumors 601
Mar 3, 2008
Massachusetts
I came to comment in a similar way - the 12 line of colours just look so dull to me. Figured I'd be in the minority, but maybe not.

I liked how colourful the XR line was. Even the 11 had a gorgeous yellow.

Actually interesting that both those lines had 6 colours each, and now the 12 has gone down to 5.

View attachment 969625

View attachment 969626
I’ve commented on this as well... They should’ve had at LEAST one funkier color in the vein of Lavender / Coral / Yellow. Boring.

davidbailey

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2020
Wow, I'm really unhappy with the regular iPhone 12 blue colour. Apple's renderings are WAY OFF. Mine arrives on Friday and I really don't want it anymore. Apple renders look navy matt but the hands on shots look like bright blue plastic!

Attachments

• EktimkgVoAEtc40.jpeg
    EktimkgVoAEtc40.jpeg
    105.6 KB · Views: 7,686
  • iphone-12-blue-select-2020.png
    iphone-12-blue-select-2020.png
    415.8 KB · Views: 6,400

UltimateSyn

macrumors 601
Mar 3, 2008
Massachusetts
Wow, I'm really unhappy with the regular iPhone 12 blue colour. Apple's renderings are WAY OFF. Mine arrives on Friday and I really don't want it anymore. Apple renders look navy matt but the hands on shots look like bright blue plastic!
That’s the problem with all of these colors when you only get renders and no hands-on videos or photos before ordering. Return rates will be higher this year.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.