Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The_Man

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2005
I really doubt that the powerbooks will change at all. They were updated in Feb.
and I think it might be a little longer (like a month?) until it is updated.
I dont feel that there will be a price drop in the Powerbooks either, but if there was, I wouldn't protest it.

Also, IMO, I think that the iBook is better bang for the buck. It is really close to the powerbook like in terms of speed (especially if there is an update) and the difference that exists really doesnt make it THAT much faster. Plus with the iBook you get things you can always get in a Powerbook like the wireless range and durability.
That is just my opinion, because n my situation, the iBook suits me best. For other people though, the Powerbook might be a better deal depending on what they will use it for.

Fuchal

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2003
Right now, all iBooks and Mac Minis have a wait time of 3-5 business days. All other products are within 24 hours.

FocusAndEarnIt

macrumors 601
May 29, 2005
I have about 4-5 weeks until I have enough money for a PowerBook 12" (in my sig).

I hope they are updated by then, as I have been saving since March!

I have like 1300 dollars and need 300.

The_Man

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2005
Is anyone here convinced that there will not be updates tomorrow?
I am just wondering because it seems like every person is convinces that there IS going to be updates tomorrow without a question.

I would assume that there will be considering Think Secret is almost never wrong, but then again, I can see myself waiting for the Apple website to go down and it never happen.
Thoughts?

CoMpX

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2005
New Jersey
Theman2290 said:
Is anyone here convinced that there will not be updates tomorrow?
I am just wondering because it seems like every person is convinces that there IS going to be updates tomorrow without a question.

I would assume that there will be considering Think Secret is almost never wrong, but then again, I can see myself waiting for the Apple website to go down and it never happen.
Thoughts?

I have been thinking that as well. There are a lot of rumors and clues that suggest it will happen tomorrow, but I guess we'll just have to wait until tomorrow to see. If they don't update, PB for me, if they do update, about 60% chance that I will still get a PB. It all depends on what is realeased and if it is released! :eek:

a2cute2control

macrumors member
May 31, 2005
so no itunes phone....and not many other rumours floating around about the ibook, I think tomorrow may be a bust. But why is everyone talking about the site not being down...it's not even midnight yet...there still is time.

skibum

macrumors newbie
Dec 1, 2004
virginia
span

I just hope that a book that can span comes out before aug 5 so that I can get it tax free. I have been waiting a long time to buy my first mac, ever since i missed the tax holiday last year. I really want to be able to use it in dual screen mode with the 20" i am going to purchase with my new book. I have my money saved and my 7 year old dell may kick the bucket any day now, but I doubt it. I hope that apple can impress me.

a2cute2control

macrumors member
May 31, 2005
Is it just me or does all the hype seem to cheapen the ibook now? I would have glady bought one 4 months ago(my first mac), if a friend of mine didn't tip me to these type of pages, but after all this waiting and something coming and then it isn't, i don't know, i've lost interest sort of. Even of it gets released tomorrow, i'll still have to wait a bit. I think everyone should take a deep breath and not think about it for awhile. The watched pot never boils.

kmaisch

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2005
yes it can be a bad thinking looking at rumour forums if you plan to buy a new computer :rolleyes:

I bit the bullet and ordered a Powerbook. Even if it is "old technology" and so on... it's still a beaut machine, and it will serve its purpose well! Should have it this week! :)

Mood

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 29, 2005
NY
Mood's log 12:04 am, no signs of an update yet, Negrodamus is telling me to wait a little longer tonight to see what comes up

MUCKYFINGERS

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2005
CA
Mood said:
Mood's log 12:04 am, no signs of an update yet, Negrodamus is telling me to wait a little longer tonight to see what comes up

But the website is updated according to PST, right? That won't be at least for another 12 hours...

Mood

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 29, 2005
NY
negrodamus.jpg

Negrodamus says in order to prevent the stymying of sleep, watch Aqua Teen Hunger Force. (download them)

MUCKYFINGERS

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2005
CA
53399 said:
Huh? There is only 3 hours difference between Pacific Time and Eastern Time.

Midnight PST would be 3AM EST.

Store is usually updated between 9 am PST and 5 pm PST if I am correct.

It's still too early.

Last edited by a moderator:

finalcoolman

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2005
Since they deleted my thread, will resummarize here...

I can CONFIRM an iBook update tommorow (tommorow as in Tuesday). I called Apple earlier, spoke to a representitive named XXXXXX. After talking to him I got him to spill the beans. IBOOK UPDATE TOMMOROW for SURE!!!! GUARANTEED!!! Since he spilled the beans I thought of posting his extension (so he can get more sales from MR members as a reward for spilling the beans) but ended up not incase he may get in trouble. Peace out and know you can sleep safely tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Additions: Per representative, iBooks will be standard with Bluetooth. No comment about screen sizes. Updated iBooks will have a shipping time of 3-5 business days. Didn't ask about iMacs or Powerbooks (too excited with iBook histeria). Representitive is off for the day so no more info from him tonight :(

benthad

macrumors newbie
Apr 14, 2005
UK
This is it !!!!!

This has to be it.

The UK Apple store is saying:

We are busy updating the store for you and will be back within the hour.

icarusflies

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2005
New ibooks only in the uk?

Perhaps....
Brand new ibooks in the UK and Europe.
US store going to be selling off old stock.:p

Hell could even be the itablet - europe only.

Suspect it could be the Cram and Jam offer

Whatever it is it must have a few extra pages to be down this long

Jo-Kun

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2003
Antwerp-Belgium
so its another 'speedbump'... ok you get 512mb ram standard... slightly faster processor, scrollpad, bigger HD options... but not such an amazing update... except when you compare prices with the powerbooks :p

anyone just bought a 12" Powerbook today??? kept the receipt??? lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.