New RMBP Fan

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by laragheast, Dec 10, 2015.

1. laragheast macrumors member

Hi
    Can some help please I bought a refurb RMBP off apple two days ago and while I was setting
    it up their was a clicking noise from the back of the machine ,it lasted for 60 seconds and then stopped
    I thought the fan might be stuck and I worked away, I then installed istat menu and it has the fan at 0
    I the restarted the mac and the fan was then working /restarted again and it is not working or so the istat
    says/ I then done apple self diagnostic and it spun the fan and all systems are ok , I still have plenty of time to send it back but I would rather not.
    Thanks

2. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

3. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

My 13" rMBP doesn't run the fan all the time. Or at least iStat doesn't report that it's spinning and I certainly don't hear it.

If it starts clicking again, take it to Apple and they can replace the fan under warranty. It's a really easy repair.

4. CE3 macrumors 6502a

Yeah, mine stays dead silent for anything that's not cpu & gpu intensive. Web browsing, video streaming, Ableton, even playing a little game I downloaded (Leo's Gold) is quiet. I've done a little work in Premiere Pro and the fans definitely kicked in then. Photoshop tends stay quiet until I open camera raw.