Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alex2792

macrumors 65816
Jun 13, 2009
I'm now using the latest build as the main OS on my MBP, the finder is way better then 10.5 especially when using spotlight and Mail app is actually usable now and doesn't take a year to open. The biggest problem is that flip4mac plugin is broken, I can't get any embedded wmv files to play unless I open them with VLC :(

The most disappointing thing is that there's STILL no blu ray playback, WTF Apple. Windows XP played BR movies since they day the format launched, looks like I'll be going with W7 on my hackintosh HTPC, it's gonna be a huge PITA since my media drive is HFS :(

Xapplimatic

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2001
California
- AirPort Menu Signal Strength Indicators: The AirPort Menu Item now shows signal strengths for all networks within range without having to join the networks, aiding in network selection in locations with many possible choices.

150201-airport_10a380.jpg

I'm surprised if nobody has mentioned it, but you can already get all that other network signal strength info and much more by simply holding down alt while clicking the airport icon. The alt click provides a much better assortment of info including if memory serves, the channel each network is using...

tkermit

macrumors 68040
Feb 20, 2004
I'm surprised if nobody has mentioned it, but you can already get all that other network signal strength info and much more by simply holding down alt while clicking the airport icon. The alt click provides a much better assortment of info including if memory serves, the channel each network is using...

Only partly true.

You only get an info bubble with the signal strength of networks you're not currently connected to by hovering over their entry

airport_menu_leopard.gif
vs.
150201-airport_10a380.jpg

zedsdead

macrumors 68040
Jun 20, 2007
They looked fine back in the days of Jaguar and Panther, but now they don't match with anything else.

I agree. I would rather Apple do what they did in the "full-screen" feature of pages and have the scroll bars disappear altogether until the mouse is over it.

EmperorDarius

macrumors 6502a
Jan 2, 2009
They looked fine back in the days of Jaguar and Panther, but now they don't match with anything else.

Well I think they match quite well with the "blue" look of OS X (You know, menus). Because after all, OS X integrates several "looks". Leopard has a union of metal and blue, ( I kinda visualize metal with blue gelatin), Snow Leopard is simply adding some marble design. I know, it's full of different styles, but personally I don't like a lot that Marble design, especially the scrollbars, they look too "plain" for me. I actually like the current blue, "glowing" look of the special elements in OS X. I wouldn't really like a full Marble Snow Leopard. But that's just me.

NoSmokingBandit

macrumors 68000
Apr 13, 2008
I dont care much for what the gui looks like, i just dont like it having many different looks. Theres aqua, the itunes theme, iLife 09 theme, Quicktime X...
Just decide on something and make it unified apple!

MartiNZ

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2008
Auckland, New Zealand
Looks like the pages with these images have been taken down (at least is now 'Forbidden' for me), nice that a lot of them are still here :).

I did see the 4th set he put up though, and while I agree to an extent re don't mind what GUI but make it unified, the pic I saw of an audio-only file open in QuickTime X showed just a seriously ugly black-all-over window - the titlebar is one thing, but the whole window?

InkMaster

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 30, 2007
Nagoya, Japan
Looks like the pages with these images have been taken down (at least is now 'Forbidden' for me), nice that a lot of them are still here :).

I did see the 4th set he put up though, and while I agree to an extent re don't mind what GUI but make it unified, the pic I saw of an audio-only file open in QuickTime X showed just a seriously ugly black-all-over window - the titlebar is one thing, but the whole window?

Trying to get it figured out now. GoDaddy insist on licking the lawyer's balls without question and completely ignoring everything that I am saying. And that's after the lawyer has been ignoring all of my questions and emails for the last 3 days...

The moment I get my databases and files back, I'm instantly closing my GoDaddy account and moving to a more reliable host, one which will at least notify me of something instead of just ignoring me and not providing any notification whatsoever.

Only partly true.

You only get an info bubble with the signal strength of networks you're not currently connected to by hovering over their entry

[image] vs. [image]

Actually if you do the same thing in SL, you get even more info then you do in L :)

screenshoton20090616at1.png

MartiNZ

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2008
Auckland, New Zealand
Depends IMO. Bad as in 'tabs-on-top' bad? Introduce something radical, freak people out, wait and let them get used to it then take it away and find that people want it back bad?

I just think the scrollbars need to be standardised. I would still have trended towards keeping the aqua ones myself, but we'll see what happens (probably nothing this time).

Drag'nGT

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2008
Does Quicktime X work as well as VLC finally? The guys at Apple had to look at these other players and think "we can do that".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.