Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iproductsuser

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2012
It's not supposed to be like that. My first one was like that and Spigen sent me a replacement. This one adhered just fine.

trdspectacoma

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2010
I would contact them for a replacement, but I don't want to risk the screw up.... and when I do need another I might switch. but by that time Ill need a new phone.

I still have to get used to the smooth feeling. hard to type fast for now

Partridge

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2007
I bought my .tr from Spigen via Amazon. It has some adhesion problems in the lower corner. I took a picture of it and requested a replacement via the link on my order page and got this in reply:

Dear xxxxxxxxx,

Thank you for contacting SPIGEN SGP Customer Service Department on AMAZON.
Hi, my name is xxxxxxx from SPIGEN.COM.

Thank you for providing us the photo verification. We will isuse you a replacement according to our policy. Your packae will be shipped out on 12/10/12 via USPS, and your new tracking number is 9400110200829585069690.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Thank you.

Alyssa

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, December 07, 2012 8:54 PM
To: SPIGEN SGP
Subject: Inquiry from Amazon customer xxxxx: Received damaged or defective item (Order: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx)

Hi,

I received my order xxxxxxxxxxxx of Spigen Glas.TR for my iphone 5 and applied it as directed, however one of the corners is not sticking properly at all. There is no lint under the glass, it simply isn't sticking in that area.

Is it possible to get a replacement under warranty?

-Patrick Lee

Considering I sent them the message on a Friday night and got shipped a free replacement on the very next business day, I don't see where the complaints about their customer service are coming from. That's about as good as I can expect.

Now if I had known about the lifetime reduced cost replacements from bodyguardz I might have gone that route, but the rounded edges on the .tr are just soooo nice in comparison to the previous glass protector I had on my 4S.

millerhifi

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2012
Los Angeles Ca
I couldn't agree more with you. I had a great experience with their customer service and I wasn't even trying to return anything. :)
I'm also started to think the GlastR was a better finished product. From the installation process to the appearance of it with the finished edges over the BG Pure. I had a GlastR installed but it was slightly off center around the home button. When I got my aluminuim home buttons from Celldeco I decided to start over, correct the glass that was offset and put a Pure on it this go around. I'm threatening to pull it off and go back to my GlastR. :D

jettrue

macrumors regular
Nov 1, 2007
I couldn't agree more with you. I had a great experience with their customer service and I wasn't even trying to return anything. :)
I'm also started to think the GlastR was a better finished product. From the installation process to the appearance of it with the finished edges over the BG Pure. I had a GlastR installed but it was slightly off center around the home button. When I got my aluminuim home buttons from Celldeco I decided to start over, correct the glass that was offset and put a Pure on it this go around. I'm threatening to pull it off and go back to my GlastR. :D
Hmmm. I'm waiting on by BG to arrive. Might see if Spigen will send a replacement since its not sticking on the top left and ear piece. I do like the rounded edges.

Sheldonsmith

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2011
I bought my .tr from Spigen via Amazon. It has some adhesion problems in the lower corner. I took a picture of it and requested a replacement via the link on my order page and got this in reply:

Considering I sent them the message on a Friday night and got shipped a free replacement on the very next business day, I don't see where the complaints about their customer service are coming from. That's about as good as I can expect.

Now if I had known about the lifetime reduced cost replacements from bodyguardz I might have gone that route, but the rounded edges on the .tr are just soooo nice in comparison to the previous glass protector I had on my 4S.

I had the same experience as well. Didn't have to ship the old one back (although I did). The only issue was that I had to wait 48-72 hours for an initial response.

Partridge

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2007
Just got my replacement .tr from Spigen/Amazon. I think I'm going to just live with my bubble for a while before I replace it as screen section of the protector is perfect.

Given the structure of my case, I think I'm going to stick with the .tr protectors despite the added cost and no lifetime replacement. The edges are exposed and a non rounded glass protector like I had on my 4S would feel weird.

Steevie

macrumors regular
Nov 27, 2012
what really sets this and the BG apart are the tapered/rounded? edges of the glastr. the BG isn't tapered right?

GavWhite

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2011
Haven't been in this topic yet, but when I ordered my tR and applied it, it went on great for the most part, but wouldn't stay down at all in the lower left corner, part of the upper left corner, and in spots around the earpiece. I contacted Spigen about it, they sent a replacement, and the new one went on virtually perfectly, and it's all staying down.

Just thought I'd share the great experience with their replacement policy.

Now if only they'd make a back plate out of this stuff, I'd be set.

whoRichard

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2012
I've installed two Glas.t'r's for my parents already and a Glas.t for myself and they're all perfect installs IMO. The only problem I had was an adhesion problem that was solved quickly by using a pen like object with a flat end and I just applied more of a concentrated pressure and all was good. I am BEYOND happy with these things, LOVE them.

jettrue

macrumors regular
Nov 1, 2007
So, I think I've at least temporarily solved my issue with the Spigen Glas.tr not full sticking around an edge and the speakers. I wrapped the top of the phone in folded up layers of a microfiber screen cleaning cloth, then pinched the top of the phone with a chip clip, of all things. At least for now it's sealed.

zentrani

macrumors member
Nov 18, 2012
Hey guys, gonna be putting on my spigen GLAS tR tonight.

Can you guys let me know, which is better? Button first then glasTR or glasTR then button?

Thanks.

Gonna fog up my bathroom hell yeah.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.