New Spoiler-free Keynote thread

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Macnoviz, Jan 6, 2009.

1. Macnoviz macrumors 65816

Macnoviz

The other thread got locked down, so perhaps we can meet here to wait for the direct video link. I will try to give the link to you as soon as possible.

2. Macnoviz thread starter macrumors 65816

Macnoviz

okay the keynote has been over for a good hour now, the link should be here in a few hours. I'm on the lookout anyway. But an extra pair of spoiled eyes would be helpful.

3. TherealDDX macrumors member

I wonder why it got locked... Well I’ll keep checking this thread and the spoiler-free page itself. The keynote is over so I hope Apple will post it quickly. Btw maybe the previous notebook special event keynote video was up quickly because it took place right in the Apple headquarters, bu I’m not sure if it makes a difference =).. How long did it take post a video from last year’s Macworld?

4. applemax macrumors 65816

applemax

OK, I've manually sent PMs to everyone who posted in the spoiler free thread who wanted to see the keynote video, spoiler free.
    :(Phew.

5. Macnoviz thread starter macrumors 65816

Macnoviz

okay, I also did some of them, my bad :eek:

6. applemax macrumors 65816

applemax

This is the information posted in the original, now locked, spoiler free thread for MWSF '09.

Apple will kick off Macworld San Francisco 2009 with a keynote address on Jan 6th, 2009 News sites across the web will cover every announcement in detail, while Apple's site will be updated with any new products announced.

Some readers prefer watching the keynote themselves without knowing the outcome. Unfortunately, there is no live video feed for the keynote. Instead, Apple will likely post a recorded Quicktime stream a few hours after the keynote completes.

For those individuals, we've posted this news story which will be updated with the link to the Macworld Keynote once it becomes available from Apple. No other news stories or announcements will be displayed alongside this story.

You can also subscribe to our notification list which will send out an email when the keynote is posted online. The mailing list will only be used for notifications for these spoiler free announcements and you may unsubscribe at any time.

7. applemax macrumors 65816

applemax

:p never mind, at least they'll know, which is what they want! :D

8. techfreak85 macrumors 68040

techfreak85

thanks guys. i was about to die iin my free period. whats the deel with the old one getting closed? was it when macrumors got hacked?

9. Macnoviz thread starter macrumors 65816

Macnoviz

okay, I'm now obsessively checking four pages in order of hierarchy: the suspected page for the keynote, the apple events page, the quicktime page and the apple home page.

I just hope enough people find this thread so I'm not wasting my time for 2 people. If you are waiting for the link, feel free to post something here.

10. dudeee macrumors newbie

11. applemax macrumors 65816

applemax

I'm guessing so but no one knows :confused:

12. Korb91 macrumors newbie

Thank you link searchers! Can't wait for the video!

13. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

You guys do realize that Macrumors will notify you when it is up on Apple's website... right?

14. Plecky123 macrumors newbie

Hah, I didn't even notice I kept refreshing a locked thread :)
    Still hanging in there though.

15. applemax macrumors 65816

applemax

OK, I've sent a message to 'Voidness' who also tends to post the link in the thread, so he might be here soon. :)

16. techfreak85 macrumors 68040

techfreak85

17. Macnoviz thread starter macrumors 65816

Macnoviz

it depends. On previous occasions the e-mails came pretty late.

18. svndmvn Guest

cheers for the new thread, I'm also checking the itunes store Apple Keynote Podcast section, we probably have another couple hours, hope less.
    The default apple news page already spoiled the keynote a bit for me so don't go there,people! Apple.com is not the only page spoiling it.

19. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

Yeah, usually a couple hours later. Also, Macrumors will post it up on the main page... at least I've always thought they did.

20. jvlog macrumors member

21. applemax macrumors 65816

applemax

They do, but usually about an hour or two after someone on the thread finds the link themselves! With the Notebook event, I didn't get the email from Macrumors until the next day! Also, I prefer it this way because I'm positive that my email inbox is full of emails from people I know and Apple newsletters talking about the announcements :p

22. applemax macrumors 65816

applemax

No worries mate :) Enjoy the keynote - when it arrives!! :D

23. foobarbaz macrumors 6502

The worst thing about living spoiler-free is that, for a few hours, half the internet seems off-limit. Trust no-one... ;)

24. Macnoviz thread starter macrumors 65816

Macnoviz

okay, the apple main page is getting filled up with more spoilers, which means they are still busy updating the site. So hang on in there, guys.

25. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

I just have a question for all you spoiler-free people:

How are you not seeing any of the keynote announcements\threads when you're browsing the Macrumor's forums?