New to Programming

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by muntnerdesigns, Aug 30, 2016.

1. muntnerdesigns macrumors newbie

muntnerdesigns

Hello everyone!

I am currently looking to get into app development and specifically iOS development. I'm curious what steps or resources I can get through everyone. I'm new to coding entirely and want to figure out how I go about diving in. I've read on topics that suggest learning the logic of programming, object-oriented programming and discrete math along with many other methods. Of course, the internet is full of crap, so I want to try here first as this is a knowledgeable forum.

Thank you in advance and I hope this is the correct area to post!

2. Dookieman macrumors 6502

Buy Big Nerd Ranch Swift Programming, then Big Nerd Ranch iOS Programming. Awesome books.

3. firewood macrumors 604

Learn to program first to make sure you like it and have an aptitude for using code to solve problems. A book on making kids games in Python or something similar. People who learn the real stuff before the simple stuff often end up not having a clue what they are doing, other than typing-in (or drag-and-dropping) nearly magical incantations. Or try to jump too high and give up (a large number of university students drop out).

4. 1458279 Suspended

Excellent point. It's not for everyone, finding out early is a great idea.