New Trailer Teases Upcoming 'Snoopy in Space' Apple TV+ Show

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jul 17, 2019.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple today shared a new trailer for its upcoming "Snoopy in Space" show that's coming to Apple TV+ this fall. As Deadline points out, the release of new trailer has been timed to coincide with the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 moon landing.

"Snoopy in Space" will follow Snoopy as his dreams of becoming an astronaut turn into reality as he and the Peanuts gang take a field trip to NASA and are chosen for an elite mission into space.

Snoopy and Woodstock will blast off into space while Charlie Brown and the rest of the Peanuts gang help their friends from mission control.

Apple last year signed a deal with DHX Media and its subsidiary Peanuts Worldwide to develop and produce new Peanuts content, including original shows, specials, and shorts.

"Peanuts in Space" will be the first new Peanuts content to come out of that partnership, though in May, a faux-documentary short called "Peanuts in Space: Secrets of Apollo 10" launched via the Apple TV app.

Article Link: New Trailer Teases Upcoming 'Snoopy in Space' Apple TV+ Show

2. fenderbass146, Jul 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2019

fenderbass146 macrumors 65816

fenderbass146

I see this going the way of "Ping". None of their original content looks very good. Apple you were suppose to bring balance to the streaming world, not join them.

(Please don't take this wrong, I love the Peanuts. I've just seen nothing in this steaming service that makes me say wow, I want to subscribe to this.)

3. Braderunner macrumors 6502a

4. Rogifan macrumors Core

Rogifan

Love Peanuts. Especially love that it introduced great jazz music to lots of people.

5. pharris123 macrumors newbie

First thing Apple TV+ has talked about that I would be interested in.

6. Aeolius macrumors 6502a

I'm sure it will be as well received as the "Gilligan's Planet" cartoon.

7. chumpy34 macrumors 6502

chumpy34

Good grief! ;) I'll watch, brings back memories of my childhood and who doesn't love Snoopy?!!

8. jljue macrumors 6502

9. brian3uk macrumors 6502

aww yay. i like that animation style. peanuts looks so much better that way, rather than the 3d like the recent movie.

10. Mactendo macrumors 68000

How about Garfield in Space, Taz in Space, Goofy in Space and Paddington in Space? Or Pixar characters.
    Then Apple can build its own Animated Apple Universe, like Marvel's one.

11. Plutonius macrumors 604

Plutonius

If this is the content on Apple TV+, then I'll have to subscribe. /S

12. Ar40 macrumors member

Most people here seem to like it. Also, if you prefer a more "mature" TV offering, Apple has For All Mankind which looks amazing.

13. Crowbot macrumors 6502

Crowbot

Yeah, Vince Garraldi Trio. I learned about classical music from the old Warner Bothers cartoons. :)

14. wordlessjam macrumors member

wordlessjam

I'm actually really looking forward to Apple TV+. There seems to be quite a variety in the programmes, with some interesting concepts.

15. PickUrPoison, Jul 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2019

PickUrPoison macrumors 601

Where did you get that idea? And what does it even mean? [Ed. Oh ok, Star Wars ref :)]

Also, are you sure it’s a subscription? I think it’s more likely to be free content available to all (or maybe only Apple Music subscribers) from within the TV app.

16. sir1963nz macrumors 6502a

I won't.
    But then again, I have a Netflix subscription and will NOT be getting a 2nd. I especially will not be buying deeper into the Apple ecosystem, it makes it too hard to leave.

17. Plutonius macrumors 604

Plutonius

I'm not saying I dislike it but I can't see it getting people to drop Netflix and subscribe to Apple TV+ let alone getting an additional subscription to Apple TV+.

Apple needs to lock up other hit shows or start producing their own content that is a must watch.

18. Mactendo macrumors 68000

2019: Snoopy in Space
    2020: Snoopy: Civil War
    2021: Garfield: Ragnarok
    2022: The Incredible Taz
    2023: Taz vs Goofy
    2024: Paddington: Homecoming
    2025: Snoopy: The First Appleman
    2026: Applemen: Beginning

Or replace them with Pixar characters. I would actually watch it. :D

19. fenderbass146 macrumors 65816

fenderbass146

It was a semi joke, (crappy Star Wars reference). Also, I do think a lot of people expected Apple to do to the streaming/tv industry what they did for the Music Industry in the mid 2000's. It's most definitely a streaming service...Apple doesn't offer things for free. I don't see that being the case.

20. sir1963nz macrumors 6502a

"Free", where have you been, Apple does not give "Free" anymore.
    I have a number of free "track of the week" songs, that program died long ago.

Maybe it will be free in the USA, Apple seems to forget that most of its customers live outside the USA and does not give its "free" stuff to them eg, iTunes bonuses.

21. Kabeyun macrumors 68020

Kabeyun

I remember reading Peanuts comics in the local paper as a kid. These days, the only times I see Snoopy are on mawkish greeting cards or when they roll out A Charlie Brown Christmas once a year. Looks like Apple believes the Gang still has mileage left.

22. alexhardaker macrumors 6502

Balance in what way?

23. Plutonius macrumors 604

Plutonius

Even though it's not animation, how about the muppets "Pigs in Space".

The movie was pretty bad but many of the Pigs in Space skits in the show were pretty funny.

24. lunarworks macrumors 68000

I'm impressed that they stayed faithful to the style of the old TV specials.

25. Coffeeboo macrumors newbie

Coffeeboo

tbh, nothing in this service looks interesting enough to justify a switch from Netflix. Don't get me wrong, I love animation, and Peanuts is certainly a nostalgic property.

It's just... Netflix has something for everyone. Apple, not being geared well for original content in the first place, seems to be making stuff for a very specific type of person (with a very specific type of kid)