New Trailer Teases Upcoming 'Snoopy in Space' Apple TV+ Show

ipedro

macrumors 601
Nov 30, 2004
Toronto, ON
I see this going the way of "Ping". None of their original content looks very good. Apple you were suppose to bring balance to the streaming world, not join them.

(Please don't take this wrong, I love the Peanuts. I've just seen nothing in this steaming service that makes me say wow, I want to subscribe to this.)
Read the comments below you. You’re wrong.

Life lesson: your view and even those of your limited group you surround yourself with doesn’t necessarily reflect the general public opinion. I can’t explain how the world can watch trash like the Kardashians but that’s my viewpoint and it’s nonetheless a hugely popular show.

I’m legitimately excited about at least 5 AppleTV+ shows from the pool that we’ve heard about. Netflix gets me to subscribe just for Stranger Things alone and stay subscribed for a few other shows and movies I watch casually. Apple is already ahead.

Apple has assembled a collection of the industry’s best talent, with the world’s top directors, producers, writers and actors. This shows you that Apple is taking this seriously and is making this a top priority for the company.

Last edited:

scoobydoo99

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2003
so cal
ew. couldn't stand Peanuts as a kid. it's right up there with Sesame Street for boredom-inducing programming. Hey Apple, if you like Peanuts, how 'bout investing in another King Kong remake? Or maybe Robin Hood? or, i don't know.....The Hulk!

fenderbass146

macrumors 65816
Mar 11, 2009
Northwest Indiana

Life lesson: your view and even those of your limited group you surround yourself with doesn’t necessarily reflect the general public opinion. I can’t explain how the world can watch trash like the Kardashians but that’s my viewpoint and it’s nonetheless a hugely popular show.

I’m legitimately excited about at least 5 AppleTV+ shows from the pool that we’ve heard about. Netflix gets me to subscribe just for Stranger Things alone and stay subscribed for a few other shows and movies I watch casually. Apple is already ahead.

Apple has assembled a collection of the industry’s best talent, with the world’s top directors, producers, writers and actors. This shows you that Apple is taking this seriously and is making this a top priority for the company.

I’m wrong? I don’t think you understand how opinions work lol. I’m glad your happy, but I would bet in the next 5 years Apple TV+ won’t be a thing...I hope I eat my words, but don’t see it being likely.

Nanotyrns

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2012
Denver
Yeah, Vince Garraldi Trio. I learned about classical music from the old Warner Bothers cartoons. :)
I played "A Charlie Brown Christmas" in my car while driving for Lyft this last Christmas and it was so good for chilling out the second half of the night. Riders loved it.

I'm glad to see The Peanuts look like The Peanuts.

One of my instructors for animation at the Art Institute of Colorado (you may visit it's abandoned tomb at 12th & Lincoln Ave in Denver) was Evert Brown and he had worked with Charles Schultz on a Peanuts special and mentioned once that when contour shadows had been added to the characters for some of the Met Life commercials Schultz went through the roof.

alexhardaker

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2014
Dear lord people...it was a ****** Star Wars reference. I was alluding to how so many different streaming services are coming out and fragmenting the golden area of streaming when it was just Netflix and Hulu, now every tv station and all there subsidiaries are coming out with there own paid service (HBO Go, Now, +, CBS All access etc). I was hoping Apple would do something to offer a truly inclusive all access streaming service, not just an addition to the already 100's of options out there.

Netflix and Hulu almost killed pirating...it's on the rise again.
Alright, I don’t like Star Wars - I’ve seen one, and that was when I was about 10 years old.

I agree, if Apple could basically do an iTunes streaming service for movies and TV shows, that would be great. I find subscriptions annoying too. I am subscribed to iCloud and Apple Music (only because family members are stupid and were paying £10 separately for AM). I’ve recently resubscribed to Netflix just to see Stranger Things 3.

I wonder what Steve would’ve done, about an all in one streaming service, and about declining smartphone sales. A lot of people on here are complaining that Apple is losing its way by concentrating on other things and not things that are at its core. I’d like to hold out and see. I wonder what these people would do about declining iPhone sales lol

Vjosullivan

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2013
Apple has assembled a collection of the industry’s best talent, with the world’s top directors, producers, writers and actors. This shows you that Apple is taking this seriously...
It shows that Apple has a lot of money and that a lot of people are happy to take that money. Unfortunately, the track record of projects involving rich companies buying in talent with past successes is not great.

Reactions: Nanotyrns

Nanotyrns

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2012
Denver
It shows that Apple has a lot of money and that a lot of people are happy to take that money. Unfortunately, the track record of projects involving rich companies buying in talent with past successes is not great.
Roger that. They paraded around the likes of Jennifer Aniston on stage at the event and she's great and all but she was part of an ensemble cast and played a character developed by industry vets and great writers. Those are the people they should be hiring.

I can see them wanting to do this though. The name of the game now is Original Content. You have to give people a reason to fork over their cash. I know everyone has their faves but I think the most successful company at it so far has been Netflix. The old school networks are trying but Netflix is an easy sell because you get new content and a billion of the shows you used to love to watch.

It may not be the same for all but for my $14.99/month I'm pretty well covered by Netflix and don't ever think about adding anything more than maybe HBO to that. I certainly don't want HBO, Starz, CBS AllAccess, Hulu and then Apple TV+ on top of that. I just don't have that kind of time on my hands.

bn-7bc

macrumors regular
May 30, 2008
Arendal, Norway
How about Garfield in Space, Taz in Space, Goofy in Space and Paddington in Space? Or Pixar characters.
Then Apple can build its own Animated Apple Universe, like Marvel's one.
wel goofy is isney so I doubt apple will get it, wel mabe here in europe but not in the US without a disney sub

otternonsense

macrumors 65816
Jul 25, 2016
Berlin
dimitriskritsilis.com
tbh, nothing in this service looks interesting enough to justify a switch from Netflix. Don't get me wrong, I love animation, and Peanuts is certainly a nostalgic property.

It's just... Netflix has something for everyone. Apple, not being geared well for original content in the first place, seems to be making stuff for a very specific type of person (with a very specific type of kid)
Actually it's making stuff for a very specific type of CEO.

DoctorTech

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2014
Indianapolis, IN
Lol so that’s what that whoosh I heard above my head was :eek:

But regarding subscription, I don’t really see that they could charge much. Disney+ is less than $6/month (annual rate), and they’ve got a lot of content:

Apple’s going to have a few dozen shows; what’s that worth, $0.25/month?
My gut feel is that Apple will be around $10 per month but that is pure speculation on my part. I hope it is a lot less due to the much smaller volume of content they will have. To me the biggest difference between Apple TV+ vs Disney, Netflix, Hulu, etc is that all of Apple's content will be new whereas the vast majority of shows and movies on all the other services is content that is several years old (Friends, The Office, etc.). You may already know that you liked Iron Man 3 and you may choose to watch it again on another streaming service for a 3rd or 4th time but that is different than exploring a streaming service with 100% never-before-seen content.

I like big budget sci-fi / fantasy movies like the Avengers as much as most people do but my favorite sci-fi is the more plausible, "what if" type of story line. That is where I think Apple is going to shine. Rather than producing shows with massive budgets for lots of digital special effects, it seems Apple is putting their money into top notch writers to create interesting stories. At least I hope that is what happens.

DoctorTech

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2014
Indianapolis, IN

Well said!

w5jck

macrumors regular
Nov 9, 2013
Do kids these days actually watch Peanuts? I watched it back in the 1960s as a child, and read the cartoon strip in the newspaper. But Peanuts has always been for rather young children. When I try to watch it now for nostalgia, I cannot watch more than a minute or two because it was really bad. I just cannot believe kids and young adults in this day and time will watch that, even if it is modernized a bit. And the subject is out of the 1960s too. Every kid when I was growing up wanted to be an astronaut. The moon race was in full stride. Today astronauts are looked at quite differently and seem rather commonplace. In the 1960s they were heroes, today not so much... I think this will be a major fail, especially if they put much of the late Charles M. Schultz's religious overtone in it. Barf....

tribeaumes

macrumors newbie
Feb 10, 2016
I see this going the way of "Ping". None of their original content looks very good. Apple you were suppose to bring balance to the streaming world, not join them.

(Please don't take this wrong, I love the Peanuts. I've just seen nothing in this steaming service that makes me say wow, I want to subscribe to this.)
I disagree.

Reactions: steve09090

Gasu E.

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2004
Not far from Boston, MA.
tbh, nothing in this service looks interesting enough to justify a switch from Netflix. Don't get me wrong, I love animation, and Peanuts is certainly a nostalgic property.

It's just... Netflix has something for everyone. Apple, not being geared well for original content in the first place, seems to be making stuff for a very specific type of person (with a very specific type of kid)
"Stranger Things" looked like a cheap retro mishmash of concepts that have already been done to death. And then people started watching it...

Jack Burton

macrumors 6502a
Feb 27, 2015
Looks cute. I like the subject matter. I wonder if Peanuts is the draw it used to be, though. It struck me as an odd partnership but it looks sweet.