New Trailer Teases Upcoming 'Snoopy in Space' Apple TV+ Show

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jul 17, 2019.

1. fenderbass146 macrumors 65816

fenderbass146

Dear lord people...it was a ****** Star Wars reference. I was alluding to how so many different streaming services are coming out and fragmenting the golden area of streaming when it was just Netflix and Hulu, now every tv station and all there subsidiaries are coming out with there own paid service (HBO Go, Now, +, CBS All access etc). I was hoping Apple would do something to offer a truly inclusive all access streaming service, not just an addition to the already 100's of options out there.

Netflix and Hulu almost killed pirating...it's on the rise again.

2. PickUrPoison Suspended

Lol so that’s what that whoosh I heard above my head was :eek:

But regarding subscription, I don’t really see that they could charge much. Disney+ is less than $6/month (annual rate), and they’ve got a lot of content:

Apple’s going to have a few dozen shows; what’s that worth, $0.25/month?

3. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Snoopy is such a popular and iconic character that they could probably make shows with him in all sorts of roles, the same way Mattel made Astronaut Barbie, Doctor Barbie, Paleontologist Barbie, President Barbie, Street Rapper Barbie, News Anchor Barbie, and so on.

4. thisisnotmyname macrumors 68000

thisisnotmyname

I want to see 'Garfield: Ragnarok' :)

5. StuKatz1 macrumors member

I wonder if Snoopy has a working keyboard up there?

6. brock2621 macrumors 6502a

brock2621

My kids and I LOVE Snoopy, honestly this sold me.

7. coolfactor macrumors 601

That's what impressed me the most! I've seen new cartoon releases that change the style and feel of the cartoon from past. However, this new Snoopy seems to retain the original style and feel, which is great! It shows respect and attention to detail.

8. FightTheFuture macrumors 65816

FightTheFuture

There are more streaming services than just Netflix and they seem to get by.

9. Tech198 macrumors G5

Whats not to like about a dog.

10. QCassidy352 macrumors G4

QCassidy352

Value definitely doesn’t seem to be there on apple’s service. ...yet. Maybe in time.

11. MoreRumors? macrumors 6502a

I liked the old original Peanuts but not sure about this.

12. Winni macrumors 68040

Winni

Exactly! Snoopy's awesome, and for a change, this trailer looks really nice.

13. Coffee50 macrumors 6502a

For a teaser, this was pretty good. It retains the traditional look & feel of the previous Peanuts specials.
    I recall when it was first announced, many were worried that it would be drastically different in tone from the simplistic
    style of Peanuts.

In terms of the Apple TV+ service...I don't think Apple needs to necessarily "dethrone" Netflix (nor do I think it will). Streaming is becoming the norm in terms of how consumers get content.

Netflix is still the leader in terms of streaming service. I think Disney+ has a better chance of reaching Netflix style numbers, but Apple doesn't need to "beat Netflix" to be successful.

If the quality is there....consumers will check it out. Many people subscribe & cancel & resubscribe when something they want to see.

"Snoopy in Space" may not be the "Game of Thrones" phenomenon that brings huge audiences to the service, BUT it does...as least based on the teaser, seem to honor the property.

I'd rather have quality shows, than them rushing to just jump in the streaming race with anything.

14. grad macrumors regular

I am not everyone, I am me. Paid Netflix for years without even using it too much (don't ask why). It never had anything that beats Charlie Brown/Snoopy/Peanuts and I doubt it has now. There were only a couple of series that were ok/good (and even less movies), the rest were either below my standards or I had already watched the few great ones in the past or owned them.

15. az431 macrumors 65816

az431

It's unlikely that anyone who has a forum account in MR would care about "Snoopy in Space." Apple is targeting families and children with this show, not techies who obsess about new beta releases.
    --- Post Merged, Jul 17, 2019 ---
    There's no need to "switch" from anything. Each service offers something different. Going forward it's going to be difficult to stick with just one service.

16. alex00100 macrumors 6502

You will????

17. az431 macrumors 65816

az431

I doubt he even knows what it means. It's a logical fallacy where someone argues that something will fail because some random unrelated thing failed in the past. The fallacy is that the only relationship between the two events is that they occurred to the same actor.

18. now i see it macrumors 68040

19. TracesOfArsenic macrumors regular

TracesOfArsenic

Love Peanuts (and more so Snoopy) but this didn't do anything for me.

20. Breaking Good macrumors 65816

Snoopy for the win!!!!!!

This is by far the best idea Apple has come up with in terms of programming.

21. psingh01 macrumors 65816

The charlie brown voice sounds like the voice from the old cartoons.

22. ghanwani macrumors 65816

And Netflix is having a bad day.
    https://www.marketwatch.com/story/n...-show-huge-drop-in-new-subscribers-2019-07-17
    What does this bode for Apple's offering?

23. Braderunner, Jul 17, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2019

Braderunner macrumors 6502a

Uhhhh, noooo...I just said that. I am unable to speak the truth.
    Not.
    Heck yeah, I'll watch that!

24. NufSaid macrumors regular

NufSaid

25. iLoveiTunes macrumors 6502