Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Mar 23, 2006
England
Gold? Looks more like beige to me. The iPhone Beige. That's so bland but your grandad with love it.

lousada

macrumors newbie
Aug 29, 2013
I gave credit where credit was due (SD card, back button), but it is overrated. I have a Galaxy S4 that is 2 seconds behind all the time, even when just dialing a number. This makes me bitter I suppose. The frustration is unending. Sync with a mac? Extra. Keyboard? Gotta buy Swipe and text prediction still bad. Backup? Who knows. Badges? Maybe, with the right Launcher, but never for all the eligible apps all the time. The AMOLED is unreadable outside. It goes on and on. Settings are scattered throughout the system and applications. I have to run two email programs to get both iCloud and gmail messages. It just plain sucks unless you just want to tinker with it all day, every day.

That's weird, my Note 2 doesn't lag at all, its super fast. Can't say the same about my iphone.

What do you mean with sync with your mac?
For music I use spotify and the only thing i need to backup are my photos which are automatically uploaded to dropbox everytime I take one.
Apps are automatically reinstalled by the Play Store if you wipe your phone and contacts are always sync'ed with my google account.
Anyway, there are tons of backup apps if you really need it.

I also only use Gmail so that's another problem i don't have.

I don't use text prediction/autocorrect in any of my phones so i can't compare that, but both keyboards are fine to me, the iPhone has the disadvantage of the tiny screen which makes the keyboard too small for me though.

Settings are no different than iOS, after a while you know where they are, its not that difficult.

I don't have any problems reading the Note's screen outside either, no difference to my iPhone really, maybe better actually.

Edit: Just to clarify, I do prefer iOS to Android but it's just a personal taste, I don't think one is really better than the other one. That's why I really want apple to launch an iPhone with a decent screen size, if they did i would switch back right away.

Last edited:

shindelins

macrumors newbie
Mar 3, 2006
Colorado - Texas Native
The black backing behind the glass is not a very smooth transition to graphite, but it'll match my MBP and it distinguishes the 5S from the 5 so that's enough reason for me to buy it.

I've been waiting since the 5 came out for the 5S; staying consistent with having all the S models.

luigiman20

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2010
Anyone else notice how the two videos don't match up. The first video showed the two logic board screws that "allowed for a slightly bigger battery" on the champagne iPhone 5S. The video about the graphite iPhone 5S, when he was flipping it around, showed that it had the iPhone 5 style screws for the logic board. There were 3 of them and they were arranged closer to the left side than the champagne ones.:eek:

Taipan

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2003
It would make sense.
If there would only be the champagne, black and white then they had two iPhones with white front/glass and only one iPhone with black front/glass.
With adding the graphite version it is symmetric and balanced.

There have been no signs of a white/silver iPhone 5S so far. There's probably not going to be one, only black/graphite and white/champagne.

caccamolle

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2005
OMG!

how much more do we want to talk about this phone !? it is just another iPhone dudes and there is a new one every few months.

It is a matter of hours and you shall know all you need to know. How much more do you want to speculate about something as old as an iPhone ?

geeeeee

flux73

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2009
SO new colors is innovation these days.....

Yup. That's all they're releasing on Sept 10 - expanded case color options. Everything else will remain exactly the same.

/s

Tim Cook: "Welcome! Today we have an EXCITING new product to show you today. The champagne colored iPhone 5S! With the same familiar interface, same processor, and same camera, so that our customers have a ZERO learning curve. Isn't that amazing?

Okay, I think that's enough for the next 10 months! See you at WWDC 2014. Thanks for coming!

Oh and one more thing...we also have it in GRAPHITE! Yes, innovation is indeed in our DNA!
"

^Is that really what you see happening on Sept 10th?

Last edited:

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009
I still don't see them using the white border with the gold iPhone. You'd think it would be a light yellow/gold tone.

Yeah, this looks pretty bad IMO. It's not like the champagne color is that great to begin with, but throw in a white border and white two tone on the back and you just ruin it.

Someyoungguy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2012
That's weird, my Note 2 doesn't lag at all, its super fast. Can't say the same about my iphone.

What do you mean with sync with your mac?
For music I use spotify and the only thing i need to backup are my photos which are automatically uploaded to dropbox everytime I take one.
Apps are automatically reinstalled by the Play Store if you wipe your phone and contacts are always sync'ed with my google account.
Anyway, there are tons of backup apps if you really need it.

I also only use Gmail so that's another problem i don't have.

I don't use text prediction/autocorrect in any of my phones so i can't compare that, but both keyboards are fine to me, the iPhone has the disadvantage of the tiny screen which makes the keyboard too small for me though.

Settings are no different than iOS, after a while you know where they are, its not that difficult.

I don't have any problems reading the Note's screen outside either, no difference to my iPhone really, maybe better actually.

Edit: Just to clarify, I do prefer iOS to Android but it's just a personal taste, I don't think one is really better than the other one. That's why I really want apple to launch an iPhone with a decent screen size, if they did i would switch back right away.

Keis for Mac is buggy to nonfunctional. I can spend $40 on The Missing Sync, but that sure makes this ecosystem feel incomplete. I shouldn't really have to subscribe to Spotify to sync my music., now should I?

Settings are very different from iPhone. Example:using SD card to store music. Is that anywhere in system settings? Nope! It's in the file explorer. Notifications? You have to set them in each individual app. Very clumsy.

Lag? Google "reduce lag Galaxy s4". You get dozens of hits. Four cores at 1.9ghz and 2GB RAM should have 0 hits.

I agree on screen size, that's why I have this thing. Apple needs to get to 4.25-4.75". As much ad I detest Android I also can't stand BS comments about how this can't be done because the technology isn't mature enough.

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009
There have been no signs of a white/silver iPhone 5S so far. There's probably not going to be one, only black/graphite and white/champagne.

I'd snatch a silver iphone is a SECOND. It would have to be a nice silver though, maybe a lightly/subtly brushed aluminum look.

Jjaro

macrumors regular
May 29, 2009
Yokosuka, Japan
Firstly, I wasn't talking to you and I didn't label you as Troll.
Secondly, flash is one of the things in the long list (that includes removable battery, SD card, USB port and what not) of things some people ask for the iDevices to have. And since flash was missing from that list (suprisingly) I thought I would bring it up.

Personaly, as a heavy iPhone and iPad user, never really been in a situation when I needed a single one of these things. So I may totally be missing something here.

I hear ya there, but isn't the mobile version if Flash not even supported by Adobe now anyway? So wouldn't it kind of be pointless? I could be wrong, just asking. I do agree, it would be nice, especially if there was a way to selectively use it, as in have it ignore advertisements!

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
Yet again, the Apple logo is transparent.
Either this is fake or the Apple is going to light up.

This and all the other back plate shots on that site clearly show a chrome logo.

I hope you never get to pick someone out of a police lineup.

blitzer09x87

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2013
Who is saying there are no chip upgrades, or battery & camera upgrades? Apple? :confused:

No, just a couple of folks who have their hands on what they say are the next Generation casings. In fact I noticed a while back that a leaked phone image appeared to have a larger battery and the guy in the video also alludes to this possibility.

Why not just relax and wait until the 10th? Worse case scenario, you can have fun with Android... :)

hmmm.... let's hope the iphone 5s doesn't disappoints.:)

blitzer09x87

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2013
I'm not, switching that is, I'm just stuck in Apple Eco system so deep that it is (for me) impossible to go elsewhere...
Help me onbeone kenobi, yo're my only hope...

i hope the iphone 5s doesn't disappoints, but, if it does... may the force be with you:rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.