Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

appleguy123

macrumors 604
Apr 1, 2009
15 minutes in the future
Not a fan of this. Every single one of my iPhones without Sapphire on the lens cover has eventually turned to ****. The images come out hazy, they're less sharp and totally screwed up thanks to a wrecked piece of glass covering the lens.. I remember having to buy off the market back replacements for my i4 just to keep the camera shots as clean as possible.

It's a translation error. He means that the screen will be made from sapphire.

jjlannoo

Suspended
Oct 8, 2011
Not a fan of this. Every single one of my iPhones without Sapphire on the lens cover has eventually turned to ****. The images come out hazy, they're less sharp and totally screwed up thanks to a wrecked piece of glass covering the lens.. I remember having to buy off the market back replacements for my i4 just to keep the camera shots as clean as possible.

You are misunderstanding. The article is talking about replacing the gorilla/ion-x screen cover with a sapphire cover. Yes the whole screen.

bcc2k

macrumors member
Jul 1, 2013
I don't think that Apple will use Force Touch for a minor "S" Update, as it takes up more space, it probably requires more changes in the design.

Scarpad

macrumors 68020
Jan 13, 2005
Ma
Pretty obvious changes I'm happy with the 6 plus to a degree that I'm fine until at least Iphone 7 , the extra gb of ram is nice but not enough to upgrade to, I can get at least 2 years out of my plus, made that decision before I bought it

astnmartin23

macrumors newbie
May 12, 2015
I thought a better screen was going to be one of the upgrades too... like the glass, not resolution. I could of swore I heard they were gunna adapt the Ion-X stuff on the watch for use on the iPhones, even though that's not 100% scratch resistant.

BMcCoy

macrumors 68000
Jun 24, 2010
This fits with the usual 'S' update:

- fix the casing problems of the last phone (this time the bending.. previously antennagate, fixed in the 4S.. scuffgate, fixed in the 5S)
- better camera
- new feature: force touch (previously Siri in the 4S, touchID in the 5S)
- more grunt: 2GB (and I wouldn't be surprised to see a speed bump too (previously the S phones got the biggest jumps in CPU and GPU performance))

So, yes.. reasonable guess at 6S spec.

iZac

macrumors 68030
Apr 28, 2003
UK
I know this is getting old (but then again if it's still an issue for people, it must be a problem) but ... maybe flush camera and redesigned antenna bands?

Yes please!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.