Next Macbook Pro 15'' Update [Everything we know]

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by SWEDISH, Mar 15, 2009.

  1. SWEDISH macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Feb 15, 2009
    #1
    Put here your expectations, rumors and doubts about the next MBP 15'' update

    I'm waiting for the update to the cheapest MBP to buy one..
    What updates do you predict to the new MBPS?

    What is for you the biggest diference between MBP and a ordinary laptop (forget the OSX)?
     
  2. Warranty Voider macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Aug 27, 2008
    Location:
    Maine, US
    #2
    Get the MBP now. The next update probably won't be until october, and it will just be a very minor one. Tomorrow is always the best time to buy a laptop, so buy it today and get it over with.

    Do you mean what is the difference between a MBP, and a MB? or do you mean the difference between a MBP, and a PC of similar specs?
     
  3. SWEDISH thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Feb 15, 2009
    #3
    yes.. whats the diference (forget OSX) between a MBP and other regular notebook
     
  4. jav6454 macrumors P6

    jav6454

    Joined:
    Nov 14, 2007
    Location:
    1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
    #4
    MacBook Pro has an EFI chip, boosts 2 graphic chips and has a much better hardware architecture than a regular notebook.
     
  5. SWEDISH thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Feb 15, 2009
    #5
    in the estimate it says:

    Days Since Update 153 (Avg = 197)

    I will wait for WWDC while i save the remaining 300$..
    Do you think it will take till October?
     
  6. jav6454 macrumors P6

    jav6454

    Joined:
    Nov 14, 2007
    Location:
    1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
    #6
    Probably not. I mean, October was because of the new design and all that. Most likely somewhere between late May and early September.
     
  7. SWEDISH thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Feb 15, 2009
  8. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

    Bill Gates

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2006
    Location:
    127.0.0.1
    #8
    I would not expect any major updates any time soon. They just bumped the processor speeds 2 weeks ago, and beyond that, there really isn't much new technology that they possible could include. Nvidia doesn't offer much new in the midrange graphics area, since their new cards are just rebrands of the old ones. They could use ATI graphics, but that would not constitute more than a product refresh. The next major update will be the inclusion of the Clarksfield processor, but that is months away; my best guess is that apple will probably use them beginning in late Q3/Q4 at the earliest.
     
  9. SWEDISH thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Feb 15, 2009
    #9
    I think that next update will bring the new battery like in the 17'' for the 15''..
    That a very Apple thing.. Put a new feature in a high-end product then after a few time bring it too all the product line..
     
  10. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

    Bill Gates

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2006
    Location:
    127.0.0.1
    #10
    Highly doubtful. It's not a feature, more like an inconvenience.
     
  11. SWEDISH thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Feb 15, 2009
    #11
    Depends of your point-of-view..
    But i don't mind pay 150$ for a battery replacement and have 4 hours of battery time
     
  12. angemon89 macrumors 68000

    angemon89

    Joined:
    Feb 5, 2008
    Location:
    The place where Apple designs stuff
    #12
    The new update better bring antiglare to the 15"

    I'm not buying one until I can get antiglare on the 15", and if not I will just buy the regular white MacBook when fall comes around.
     
  13. SWEDISH thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Feb 15, 2009
    #13
    i would like to listen to more opinions about the next update
     
  14. lazydesi macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Oct 30, 2006
    Location:
    Gr8 Adelaide
    #14
    it will be in oct 09

    if you really after one, go and get it today
     
  15. SWEDISH thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Feb 15, 2009
  16. SkeffMBP macrumors member

    Joined:
    Oct 21, 2008
    #16
    Yep:

     
  17. lazydesi macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Oct 30, 2006
    Location:
    Gr8 Adelaide
    #17
    my stakes are:

    No HDD only SSD
    32nm chip - yeah more work per watt
    new battery
    Full HD screen
    Bluray player (not burner)
    USB 3.0
     
  18. allmIne macrumors 6502a

    allmIne

    Joined:
    Sep 17, 2008
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    #18
    I never participate in these daft threads, but I'm questioning your specs. Only SSD? That would put it out of the price range of an awful lot of people.
     
  19. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

    ViciousShadow21

    Joined:
    Mar 11, 2009
    Location:
    To your left or right
    #19
    i agree. it is going to be a looooong time before you see just SSD's.

    i would just buy it now. there is ALWAYS going to be something better down the road. or at least the possibility. like with the aranndale(sp?) chip. ppl are really excited about it. and it was the same way before the Peyrn chip came out. just buy it now and upgrade in the next few years if something monumental comes out.
     
  20. kolax macrumors G3

    kolax

    Joined:
    Mar 20, 2007
    #20
    ..because the White MacBook has anti-glare? :rolleyes:
     
  21. NRose8989 macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Feb 6, 2008
    #21
    Buy now and get it over with OR wait another year when Nehalem based notebooks start coming to market.

    Anything between the current line up now and when they release mobile Nehalem chips will not be worth waiting. Keep in mind that even when the new chips come out, there is the possibility of that being a let down, much like the current Mac Pro. (Not that the new Mac Pro aren't amazing, it's just that for the price, the previous Harpertown Mac Pros were a better value.)
     
  22. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

    ViciousShadow21

    Joined:
    Mar 11, 2009
    Location:
    To your left or right
    #22
    yes buy one now, let them get the kinks out and in 3 or 4 years when your ready for the upgrade they will be waiting for you.:)
     
  23. Scottsdale macrumors 601

    Scottsdale

    Joined:
    Sep 19, 2008
    Location:
    U.S.A.
    #23
    Apple usually updates the MBP every six months. However, it did a small, very small, spec bump to the high end model a few weeks ago. In addition, it also gave the 256 GB SSD option.

    Now, I originally thought that was just to hold things over, but now I really wonder if it may be September before there is another speed bump jump. There are no chips unless Apple finally goes with the Core 2 Quad. Or, it will have to wait for Core i7... which some think is next year at earliest.

    Seems like a long wait for a new MBP. Seems like six months from now everyone will stop buying the MBP to wait for an update. This caused Apple great problems with its desktop sales. Apple finally made a worthless CPU upgrade in the Mac mini and iMac, but nonetheless people started buying in droves!

    The bottom line is no matter how we think about it, we could be completely wrong. Apple could decide to go to Core 2 Quad the day Snow Leopard is released. Or, Apple could forgo all speed bump updates until Core i7 is available???

    It is really REALLY REALLY a roll of the dice or anyone's guess!
     
  24. Teej guy macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Aug 6, 2007
    #24
    Probably because it doesn't have a glassy screen, just a glossy screen. Also, 2000+ is a lot of money to spend on a laptop that has a screen you don't like.
     
  25. adamvk macrumors 65816

    adamvk

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2008
    Location:
    Phoenix, AZ
    #25
    Rofl I'd say no to basically ALL of those, except for maybe a new battery.
     

Share This Page