Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
Prius, I really like Prius's (laugh if you want, ive never been a car guy) and hope to get one at some point.

Melrose

Suspended
Dec 12, 2007
^^ I can agree with that - I like fancy cars, but would much rather have one that's economical and better than gas than just be eye-catching..

Fanciest car I've ever ridden in has to be an Acura TL with some nice options. Dull, I know..

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
^^ I can agree with that - I like fancy cars, but would much rather have one that's economical and better than gas than just be eye-catching..
I'm just not the kinda guy that could drive around a $50,000 car for its looks.

A prius or a GTI, those are my dream cars.

MacsRgr8

macrumors G3
Sep 8, 2002
The Netherlands
Prius, I really like Prius's (laugh if you want, ive never been a car guy) and hope to get one at some point.

So, what's the point of you posting in this thread..?

You drive a Prius to show the world you believe Al Gore.
A Prius is not that environmentally friendly, as you think. Get a small German Diesel powered card, and it runs just as economically, but doesn't have that environmentally damaging battery to produce, and to recycle.

Nobody buys a Prius because he likes its looks, likes the way it handles or the character of the car.

Get real.

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
I'm just not the kinda guy that could drive around a $50,000 car for its looks.

A prius or a GTI, those are my dream cars.

Heh, makes me feel special knowing that your dream car (GTI) is the car I drive every day :D

Don't get me wrong, I love my GTI, but I never considered it to be anyone's dream car, as that's usually reserved for much more expensive and fancier cars, but hey, whatever floats your boat ;)

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008

A Prius is not that environmentally friendly, as you think. Get a small German Diesel powered card, and it runs just as economically, but doesn't have that environmentally damaging battery to produce, and to recycle.

Nobody buys a Prius because he likes its looks, likes the way it handles or the character of the car.

Get real.
I posted because to me a prius is the nicest car Ive ever been in. I consider it a better can than the BMW's my friends family has.

Why do you assume it has anything to do with al gore? Its about fuel economy, and not having to fill up as much. Notice how my other dream care happens to BE a german diesel??? oh no, you didnt, you just like to peg people by what they like.

I also happen to LOVE the look of the prius, especially the new one.

SkyBell

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2006
Texas, unfortunately.

Get real.

Nice stereotyping. I do like the look of the Prius, I don't care if it's a hybrid or not. It just looks good.

matperk

macrumors 6502
May 6, 2004
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
I posted because to me a prius is the nicest car Ive ever been in. I consider it a better can than the BMW's my friends family has.

Can't say I'd agree with that, but I'm a sucker for german engineering. :rolleyes:

That said, I drive a Honda now and had a Toyota 4Runner for a number of years.

panoz7

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2005
Raleigh, NC
One of these:

cgt.jpg

Haven't had a a chance to take it out on a track yet but it was pretty unbelievable on the back roads near my house.

iJohnHenry

macrumors P6
Mar 22, 2008
On tenterhooks
I am small potatoes.

As a passenger, an XK-E. As a driver a BMW 330i.

But I did own a rare Porsche 912 for some time. That was fun, 'till a piston decided to take a detour. :(

GSMiller

macrumors 68000
Dec 2, 2006
Kentucky
A 2007 Mercedes C300, then I got to drive it. The handling was a little odd being it was the first (and to this day only) luxury car I've driven.

alansmallen

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2007
One of these bad boys.

It's great being in the film business.

Forgot to mention: this was paid in cash.

Not mine, my uncle who is a film producer.

Attachments

• DSC03187.JPG
    DSC03187.JPG
    693.5 KB · Views: 50

bobfitz14

macrumors 65816
Oct 14, 2008
Massachusetts
One of these bad boys.

It's great being in the film business.

so, you at least see very luxurious cars, i think it is safe to say you see famous people that own those types of cars as well?

it's probably not the nicest car i've been in, but my friend's dad has a Lexus (prob an 07 or 08) LS 460 and i think it is a pretty awesome car. here's a picture i snagged off of google...

e5a58088404638240114ef62a4cde3af.jpg

InvalidUserID

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2008
Palo Alto, CA
Fastest: My father's late business partner's Enzo.

Coolest: College friend's Audi R8.

Nicest: My G37 (nice and simple)

Kidding of course on the nicest...;)

InvalidUserID

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2008
Palo Alto, CA
so, you at least see very luxurious cars, i think it is safe to say you see famous people that own those types of cars as well?

it's probably not the nicest car i've been in, but my friend's dad has a Lexus (prob an 07 or 08) LS 460 and i think it is a pretty awesome car. here's a picture i snagged off of google...

e5a58088404638240114ef62a4cde3af.jpg

My cousin picked one of those up and fixed it up nicely. Jet black...he looks like a Yakuza getting out of the thing!

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
キャンプスワ&#
Coolest --> Hard to say. Probably my friend's Porche 928

Most Fun --> Test drove a DeLorean. Almost bought it.

Nicest --> Friend's Rolls. Too plush for this kid.

bobfitz14

macrumors 65816
Oct 14, 2008
Massachusetts
I'm an actor so yes, I do sometimes see my colleagues drive to work in extravagant cars.

that's pretty cool.

My cousin picked one of those up and fixed it up nicely. Jet black...he looks like a Yakuza getting out of the thing!

not gonna lie, i've never heard of the word "Yakuza" before...what's it mean? it is a pretty sweet car.

I live a fairly boring life as far as cars go- I think the nicest car I've ever been in was a 1998 Ford Mustang.:eek:

i'm kind of the same. i'm young, i like cars, but i'm no car enthusiast. though a lot of my friends drive really expensive cars but i just don't go in them for the sake of going in them.

Greg_C

macrumors member
Mar 18, 2005
USA
I'm a car fanatic so I couldn't resist replying. Unfortunately I only got to ride in these, not drive, but all were incredible to experience. Starting with my most favorite:
-Ferrari 599 GTB
-Ferrari F430
-Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera
-Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder
-Maserati GranTurismo
-Aston Martin Vantage

Pics or it didn't happen :D
DSCF2608.jpg

DSCF2719.jpg

DSCF1122.jpg

DSCF2617.jpg

DSCF2687.jpg

DSCF1081.jpg

DSCF1290.jpg

DSCF2619.jpg

DSCF2653.jpg

DSCF1085.jpg

All thanks to World Class Driving - easily one of the best experiences of my life!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.