Nike Offering 30% Discount on Apple Watch Nike+ Models

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Aug 9, 2017.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Nike is discounting its selection of Apple Watch Nike+ watches by 30 percent, dropping prices by a significant amount.

For the 38mm Apple Watch Nike+, the discount drops the price from $369 to $258.97, while on the 42mm model, the discount drops the price from $399 to $279.97.

[​IMG]

The discount applies to the 38mm Apple Watch in Silver/White and Black/Cool Grey. For 42mm models, the discount is available on the Silver/White and Black/Silver configurations. The 42mm White/Platinum and Black/Volt are not included in the sale.

It's not clear how long the sale will last nor how long the discounted Nike+ Apple Watch models will remain in stock, so if you're interested in purchasing one, you should do so sooner rather than later.

At 30 percent off, the discount is one of the best that we've seen on the Apple Watch Nike+ in recent months.

Nike's current sale follows an exclusive 30 percent discount that was offered to Nike+ Run Club members over the weekend.

While Nike+ Apple Watch models are on sale, no Nike+ bands have been discounted.

Article Link: Nike Offering 30% Discount on Apple Watch Nike+ Models

2. xDKP macrumors 65816

xDKP

Arh come on just a couple of the bands with discount? :)

3. EMT123 macrumors regular

EMT123

Indication Apple Watch 3 update could be a REALLY big deal?

4. PinkyMacGodess macrumors 601

PinkyMacGodess

Or these color combinations aren't selling well at all. They are kinda plain...
    --- Post Merged, Aug 9, 2017 ---
    How well are the aluminum cases holding up?

5. Robert.Walter macrumors 65816

Gotta empty pipeline ahead of AW3 announcement (leaks).

6. CarlJ, Aug 9, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2017

CarlJ macrumors 68030

CarlJ

The limited edition colors (blues and purples) in June sold out really fast. Now that the (normal color) Nike bands are available separately, I suspect most who are buying the Apple/Nike Watch (vs. non-Nike models) are doing it more to get the extra faces/app than for the perforated bands. This seems a strong indication of reducing inventory ahead of a Series 3 Apple/Nike Watch (third-parties are often less circumspect than Apple about clearing inventory ahead of revisions).

And do you mean the Aluminum Apple Watches? My first-day (non-Nike) Series 0 ("Space Gray Sport") looks pristine, though I suspect under a microscope you'd find some scratches in its Space Gray anodizing. And it's currently sporting a "Violet Dust" Nike band.

7. EMT123 macrumors regular

EMT123

Standard retail practice for sure, but this seems to be a deeper discount than one might expect.

8. jrlcopy macrumors 6502

jrlcopy

If you buy though ebates it will take another 10% ($30) off of the price.

9. 576316 macrumors 601

I want their white/bone Sport band that they released in limited quantities...grr hate it when companies make things limited, seems counterintuitive. Is it just me or does this smell like stock clearance?

10. needfx macrumors 68040

needfx

11. MrGuder macrumors 68030

Razor thin cellular Apple Watch 3 here we come!!!

12. ftaok macrumors 603

ftaok

Only two color combos are sold out in that picture. The other 4 color combos would appear to still be in stock.

13. CarlJ, Aug 9, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2017

CarlJ macrumors 68030

CarlJ

Complete with razor thin radioisotope thermal generator to power it? Will be difficult to add cellular and make it substantially thinner at the same time, without killing battery life. (Don't get me wrong, I'd love that too, I just think physics stands in the way right now.)

14. fribhey macrumors member

Target currently has the Series 2 on sale, 38mm for $299 and the 42mm for $329.99

15. turbineseaplane macrumors 601

turbineseaplane

Anyone have luck getting BestBuy to match Nike.com?

16. D.T., Aug 9, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2017

D.T. macrumors G3

D.T.

Hmmm, can't seem to get this to work[?]

OK, it looks like that's a %10 ($28) cash back that goes into your Ebates "wallet". I guess if you're easily able to apply it to another purchase, it's more or less like a direct additional discount.

17. one more macrumors 6502a

one more

Two options:
    1) They come to their senses re: exorbitant pricing of a puffed up fitness bracelet, or
    2) They try to clear out the pile collecting dust in their warehouse in anticipation of another generation of a puffed up fitness bracelet.

18. needfx macrumors 68040

needfx

well extrapolated, pardon my error

19. Porco macrumors 68030

Porco

Perhaps this will be the standard price for Series 2 once Series 3 launches and Nike know that.

Still, decent if you were in the market for one anyway (though I think anyone who wants one should just wait until the next versions now myself).

I love my Series 2.

20. jrlcopy macrumors 6502

jrlcopy

You buy it through the link, and then every 3 months your accumulated CB (real $$$) is deposited into your paypal account.

21. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

They were all gone 3-minutes after this thread was posted.

22. ILuvEggplant Suspended

ILuvEggplant

23. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Really big deal? I'm not sure about that. Possible refresh with LTE and other minor physical/software improvements? That seems
    More likely. But the more I see these rumors surfacing, the Apple Watch "Series 3" seems
    Imminent.

24. Alphazoid macrumors 6502a

Alphazoid

Bought one on impulse, given that its cheaper than what you'd pay for a series 1. But then again i don't really need it. Its one of those thing i want but can't justify paying for. So i'll probably return it.