No disk found when I go to reinstall OS Please help

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by AlexisceliAA, Feb 23, 2018.

1. AlexisceliAA macrumors newbie

Hello, so today I opened up my laptop and it was in Safe Boot. When I put in my password it wouldn’t unlock it after a couple of restarts it allowed me to get in. But my Laptop was showing black boxes everywhere. I called Apple they had me Un Mount and Mount Macintosh HD , and erase and reinstall the OS. When I did that I kept getting an error message “Could Not create a preboot volume for APFS install”. After trying several times I called again. And the next person had me to go into internet recovery mode and try and install OS X Yosemite and no disk is showing up to select to reinstall the OS.

If anyone has ever had this problem and knows a solution please help!!

Thank you

Attached Files:

2. casperes1996 macrumors 68040

casperes1996

3. gobikerider Suspended

gobikerider

I don’t think that MacBook Air has a SATA cable being as it’s all flash memory.
    --- Post Merged, Feb 23, 2018 ---
    I don’t know if you have access to one but I’d take it into a Apple Store, this looks like a dying logic board to me although it could simply be a corrupt install. The hard drive not showing up is concerning though since it’s flash memory again leading me to believe it’s a faulty logic board.

4. casperes1996 macrumors 68040

casperes1996

You’re right it's probably BGA. But flash storage can certainly be connected via SATA

5. gobikerider Suspended

gobikerider

I know flash can use sata, I just recalled the specific mention in the 2010 video of how they laid the flash directly on the logic board to save space. :D

6. Audit13 macrumors 601

Audit13