Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cflem

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 11, 2011
Texas
Not directly - but I’m thinking there has to be for the sync feature. Nothing live as of yet.

Heruhur

macrumors member
Apr 4, 2017
Oldebroek
Yay, time to fiddle with color correction key framing.
Have some dive footage that could use it (red filter issues).
I hope it does the trick.

ColdCase

macrumors 68040
Feb 10, 2008
NH
And I get an email about the new iMac Pro going on sale today..... coincidence ? :)

Would you want a iMacPro with more cores or more speed to best use FCP and effects like stabilization.... ?

Last edited:

dandeco

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2008
Brockton, MA
Well, now that it's out, I'm going to let my college's TV studio know so they can purchase and download it once they get around to doing so (probably during the winter break.) As I mentioned, our TV studio's director wasn't too keen on FCP X when it came out six years ago, but now he likes it a lot, especially with all the professional features they've been adding back to it (and this update is no exception). Our theater technical director is also sick of editing stuff on the theater department's 21" iMac using iMovie and wants Final Cut on it as well.

Msivyparrot

macrumors regular
Apr 5, 2017
South Africa
I hear that a lot, because FCPX is "trackless" or the disaster of the FCPX 10.0 launch, that is what people reference when saying they will not use FCPX, but what these low wattage light bulb representatives fail to see is the huge improvements over the past 6 years, sure it has taken awhile, but OMG, the new FCPX 10.4 is so so so much more than the weak pathetic FCP 7.0.3...

I would suggest spending some time on FCP.co and follow and actually ask questions in the forums, the site admin Peter is a professional video editor, uses FCPX in all sorts of high pressure news/sports type environments, and his insights and thoughts are so useful.

What I have not seen anywhere on the interwebs is the same devoted plug in community, AVID/Adobe simply do not have the same community, not sure why, but for some reason people are not as loud about AVID/Adobe as people are about FCPX..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.