No Live Streaming MWSF Keynote Stream?

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
7,483
8,541


Apple has not offered a live streaming feed for their Macworld Keynote addresses for a number of years. One reader forwarded an email from Apple's Investor Relations who indicated that Apple would again not be providing a live feed for Macworld.

Thank you for your email. A replay will be available on http://www.apple.com/quicktime/mac.html, but there are no plans for live streaming.
Macworld San Francisco kicks off next week. Steve Jobs is scheduled to provide the keynote address at 9 AM Pacific on January 10th, 2006.

MacRumors, of course, will provide live coverage if at all possible.
 

corywoolf

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2004
1,352
3
Can't wait, Should be a interesting event. Bring on the mac mini media box, the 13" iBook, and the shuffle with playlist toggling. We should have a secret page that is the same as the live feed, but for the hard core members. It always bugs me when the bears come out of their caves every January for MWSF Live feed.
 

HiRez

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
5,805
1,702
Western US
Doesn't matter, really, the live MW keynote streams always sucked for me. Even on broadband, they would break up and stutter constantly, then inevitably just hang and drop the connection. I'm sure they'll put it up later in the day where you should be able to watch it with a better connection.
 

colocolo

macrumors 6502
Jan 17, 2002
443
4
Santiago, Chile
Is there going to be at least a satellite feed?

Another thing.. they are not advertising this keynote... no "backstage pass to the future" or anything. Hope they are just trying to play down the hype.
 

berkleeboy210

macrumors 68000
Sep 2, 2004
1,641
0
Boston, Massachusetts
corywoolf said:
Everybody remember to constantly refresh their browsers every 2 seconds during the live feed.;)
I was just about to type that :) I'll be in Florida on vacation for the Keynote this year, sitting out by the pool with my laptop and credit card in hand ready for any and all new products apple will be announcing. :)
 

heisetax

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2004
943
0
Omaha, NE
iPod event again

Who really cares? Since Apple has become an iPod dominated company, I've stopped watching any of the keynotes. I don't need to watch & listen to Steve Jobs telling us stories only to find out that they wre lies, or does he always do 180degree changes in what is good?

Bill the TaxMan
 

.Andy

macrumors 68030
Jul 18, 2004
2,946
583
The Mergui Archipelago
I reckon this sucks. I used to really enjoy getting up really early in the morning and watching the stream. Added to the excitement to watch things being introduced live - text doesn't have the same impact for me. Watching the stream after it's all said and done is also pretty boring considering one already knows what's been released.

I wonder why apple decided to stop streaming?
- too expensive with more people interested in Apple these days....
- don't want any live stuff-ups....
- steve not happy with the world seeing his middle-aged paunch....
 

SiliconAddict

macrumors 603
Jun 19, 2003
5,889
0
Chicago, IL
Oh my God!
:eek: They killed stream!!
YOU BASTARDS!

Seriously though. Why the heck is Apple being so Grinch like lately. Sure it costs them money. Pay for admittance through iTunes or something to make up the bloody cost.
I want my stream dang it!
 

Peace

macrumors Core
Apr 1, 2005
19,467
3,833
Space--The ONLY Frontier
Figured there wouldn't be live webcast but it looks like arn and macrumors has a nice set-up to deliver the info to us!..

3300 hits a second..

Wonder if this Macworld is gonna set a record.:)
 

Frisco

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2002
2,475
69
Utopia
.Andy said:
I reckon this sucks. I used to really enjoy getting up really early in the morning and watching the stream. Added to the excitement to watch things being introduced live - text doesn't have the same impact for me. Watching the stream after it's all said and done is also pretty boring considering one already knows what's been released.

I wonder why apple decided to stop streaming?
- too expensive with more people interested in Apple these days....
- don't want any live stuff-ups....
- steve not happy with the world seeing his middle-aged paunch....

I agree and suspect/hope this will have very little to do with the iPod (except maybe the iPod Shuffle)

I hope this years Keynote will be all about the Intel Macs?
 

SiliconAddict

macrumors 603
Jun 19, 2003
5,889
0
Chicago, IL
heisetax said:
Who really cares? Since Apple has become an iPod dominated company, I've stopped watching any of the keynotes. I don't need to watch & listen to Steve Jobs telling us stories only to find out that they wre lies, or does he always do 180degree changes in what is good?

Bill the TaxMan

*gnaws off his own arm in frustration and beat Bill with it*


Will people please get a freaking clue as to what Apple has been doing over the past 8 months! Apple isn't all about the iPod. Apple is about the iPod sustaining them while they move through this transition and this drought of hardware.
When there is NOTHING to offer you there is nothing to offer you. Would you prefer that Jobs make up fictional hardware at Apple Expo and keep announcing that it’s been delayed every 3 weeks to keep everyone happy until they can actually ship something.
 

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
6,639
2
SiliconAddict said:
Pay for admittance through iTunes or something to make up the bloody cost.
I wouldn't mind buying the keynote for $3 off iTMS if it were at least 640x360 and available immediately after the event. I'm even willing to pay $5 for it if it means fewer people will buy thus making the downloads faster. I generally wait a day after the Keynote to watch the stream.

Apple should look into this.

Here's to the Crazy Ones
 

Frisco

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2002
2,475
69
Utopia
SiliconAddict said:
*gnaws off his own arm in frustration and beat Bill with it*


Will people please get a freaking clue as to what Apple has been doing over the past 8 months! Apple isn't all about the iPod. Apple is about the iPod sustaining them while they move through this transition and this drought of hardware.
When there is NOTHING to offer you there is nothing to offer you. Would you prefer that Jobs make up fictional hardware at Apple Expo and keep announcing that it’s been delayed every 3 weeks to keep everyone happy until they can actually ship something.
Steve leads us along like a "bad soap era" I agree. Hey we will all keep watching/buying!
 

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
12,551
1,186
OK, I know "post the video later" has been Apple's procedure for a while now.

But, please, don't do this to me :D I can't take the suspense!
 

aafuss1

macrumors 68000
May 5, 2002
1,600
2
Gold Coast, Australia
HiRez said:
Doesn't matter, really, the live MW keynote streams always sucked for me. Even on broadband, they would break up and stutter constantly, then inevitably just hang and drop the connection. I'm sure they'll put it up later in the day where you should be able to watch it with a better connection.
Me too-the keynote streams always did that to me as well.