No longer download Bing wallpaper in Safari?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Darmok N Jalad, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Darmok N Jalad macrumors 68000

Darmok N Jalad

So earlier this week, the strangest thing happened. I use Bing as my search engine (no, that's not the strangest thing), and I regularly check their free wallpaper at bing.com and "download today's image" when I like it. All of a sudden, the option to download has gone away. It was never an option in iOS, but I'm running MacOS High Sierra in this case. If I use Firefox, I can still download it. Any one else have this problem all of a sudden?

2. Darmok N Jalad thread starter macrumors 68000

Darmok N Jalad

Weird. That is what I see in Firefox, and what I used to see in Safari, but now that is gone. This is all I get in the corner. I haven't made any changes to Safari.

Attached Files:

3. MacGizmo macrumors 65816

MacGizmo

Do you have any ad blockers installed (Safari extensions?) If you do, try turning it/them off and reloading the page.

4. Darmok N Jalad thread starter macrumors 68000

Darmok N Jalad

I had tried that, but it also didn't seem to work, but I finally figured it out. Since the page was rendering a little differently, I went in to Safari Preferences and then to Privacy --> Manage Website Data... I removed all instances of Bing.com and then reloaded the page. I had to login again with my MSA, but now the page works correctly. I guess it was just some corrupted data in the browsing history for that site?

Very odd, but thanks for confirming it wasn't a browser detection issue (since iOS Safari doesn't offer the wallpaper download option). That helped me troubleshoot!

5. MacGizmo macrumors 65816

MacGizmo

Glad you figured it out. Corrupt cookies are at the root of a bunch of problems with browsers.