No macbooks at the event, when will they be?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mladenz, Sep 9, 2008.

1. mladenz macrumors regular

Oke, im disapointed with the event, but on the other side i didn't expect new macbook i was only hoping really bad. So if they didn't announce it at the event, when will they?

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

After the current sales. September 15 is the last day, so I'd suspect new computers next week at the earliest.

TEG

3. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

4. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Pointless thread 18... God it's going good today isn't it...

There has been several sources that had said there wouldn't be new macbooks at the event, also as stated above there's already a good discussion going on another thread, please reframe from creating a new thread when the exact same subject is already being discussed somewhere else...

5. bitty417 macrumors member

Today was my limit. I'd love the new case, but I can't wait just hoping everytime SJ sneezes a MBP revision will be out.

Just ordered a 15" 2.5, 7200rpm and a 4gig kit from MacSales.

What's the deal if new ones are released next week? 30 days to return with 10% restocking?

6. markrivers macrumors 6502a

markrivers

it's not 30 days..
    it's only 14 days..

just out of curiousity.. what's missing in the current MBP that will prevent the people who needs a laptop from doing their work????

7. mct74 macrumors member

A video card that won't take a crap...

8. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Montevina :D

9. mladenz thread starter macrumors regular

Ill wait till october, or maby mid october but thats the maximum. Im waiting because i want a redesign and dont want to pay 2k for 1 year old hardware:p But the machine would do just fine now..

10. bitty417 macrumors member

After 14 days I'll be emotionally attached anyway. Thanks. :)

People knock the video card with this current revision but I've worked on 2 Penryn MBPs and they all worked wonderfully. Hopefully I'll have the same luck.

11. Minimoose 360 macrumors 65816

Minimoose 360

12. jaytv111 macrumors regular

built in 3G, ESATA, HDMI, Displayport, Blu Ray, Montevina, wireless USB, SSD, 1920*1200 screens, Universal (AC & DC) power supplies, more USB ports, tablet screens, 9 and 12 cell batteries, switchable (between discrete and integrated) graphics, docking stations, more or less features that you can't get in any Mac but you can find in Lenovos, Dells, HPs, or Sonys.

13. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

That list is the dumbest thing I've ever seen.

TEG

14. CWallace macrumors 601

CWallace

15. iMacmatician macrumors 601

September 30 (silent) or October 7 (event) are my guesses.

16. odinsride macrumors 65816

odinsride

+1

If you want all of those features than buy a Lenovo, Dell, Toshiba, or whatever.

Macs are designed with simplicity in mind. The majority of people don't need any of those features.

17. CWallace macrumors 601

CWallace

You forgot the $1499 price point for all that equipment. :p

18. grubworth macrumors member

Them "features" are not really features now, it's just technology moving forward, apple or any other company cant afford to miss out on them.

Simplicity and compatibility are completely different, for MBP, they are needed to work with. If you want simplicity get a MB Air, they don't come any more simpler than that! :)

19. jaytv111 macrumors regular

What about the Mac Pro? Fiber Channel, Dual Xeons, etc, most people don't need those features. So why does Apple offer them? Hmm?
    Plus, all I really care about is built in 3G and a universal power supply. 3G is a necessity if you're traveling, same with a DC power supply (who wants to carry an inverter?)
    Oh, and about "features" and whether or not people need them, no Mac has a card reader but nearly every PC laptop has one. Me and some friends were loading some pictures into a presentation. Everyone had their Mac laptop, but no one had a PC laptop. No one brought a card reader, so we had to wait 20 minutes for my gf to get her card reader from her room just to load our pictures on to the computer. If I had my PC laptop, it would've taken 10 secs to do so. So you see, having a feature and not needing it is better than not having a feature at all.

20. Firefly2002 macrumors 65816

Oh, well you see, since we weren't sure when it would be yesterday, we now know.

Why would we know when it would be now?

I'm sorry, but this is a very good example of a very stupid question that's been asked a million times.

:)

21. okrelayer macrumors 6502a

as apple ever released resigned products on their website with out a event? I don't think they have. I hope I'm wrong but I'd bet for mw09

22. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

Actually they released the original MacBooks without any event. I thought that odd.

23. skye12 macrumors 65816

skye12

Forgone conclusion that there would be no new MB's so as not to
    interfere with back to school promo's.

By mid Oct it is most probable they will appear.

24. steamed.hams macrumors 6502

steamed.hams

Of course, because there's a ton of useful information in that thread.

25. metroid87706 macrumors regular

metroid87706

I'm sorry, but why do people keep asking? It's quite annoying seeing these types of threads cluttering the board, and not being able to help people who actually need help, not asking when new MacBooks' will be out. I can tell you when.

When Apple feels its time to update.

Simple as that. I mean, sure, its time for an update, but I mean, come on. Is that what we're gonna do all day every day until they do? Is that necessary? I'm not trying to be the bad guy here, but people, you need to understand that its not going to come the day you want it to come.