No MacWorld SF Keynote Broadcast?

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
MacInTouch claims that Apple will not be providing a real-time broadcast of Macworld SF 2005's keynote speech.

According to "an Apple note" forwarded to the site:

Apple will not be making satellite coordinates available. Although the keynote WILL be available on our web site - it will NOT be available until sometime AFTER the keynote is over. They do NOT have a time determined, so it may not be immediately after the keynote is over.
In recent years, Apple has provided both webcast and satellite broadcasts of MWSF Keynote speeches. No official announcements have been made, but, with only five days to go, the window is closing.

dotmike

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2004
Whoa! Major suckiness.

Will this be the first MacRumors article with NO positives?!

magid

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2003
sucks bigtime, hopefully someone there can update us in real time

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
doesnt surprise me, seeing that they want to increase attendence to the show itself, but we will still have the live feeds coming in from people there, i guess that will have to suffice from now on

wileypen

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2004
Bad Apple Users. BAD!

Jobs's punishment for the leaks. You don't get to see all these new toys, you naughty rumor mongers!

Freg3000

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2002
New York
Yes, irrational punishment from the one and only Steve!

MWSF has been broadcasted live for the past 2 years, at least. Most other Apple events, including WWDC have no.

Besides the cost, how does broadcasting it hurt anyone? It is just Steve seek retribution, at our expense. :mad:

dotnina

macrumors 6502a
Aug 19, 2004
I get it, but at the same time I don't ... wouldn't this provide more publicity for them and all the cool things they'll be announcing?

Anyway, that's okay ... I'll be tuned into MR for the latest breaking news. ;)

Mechcozmo

macrumors 603
Jul 17, 2004
Oh well... :(

I've made it a habit to watch the past couple of years. Guess I'll see it deyaed this year.

Maybe it is because of a possibility of a "Wardrobe Malfunction"? :p

neps

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2004
MacInTouch is also reporting that the Stores wont be showing it either. What the deal Steve?

outerspaceapple

macrumors regular
May 23, 2004
Minnetonka, MN USA
<hate mail to Apple>
Ok Apple, we can deal with all the little crap you dish out since its usually for the best in the end, but to deny us the only thing we live for every 4 months is like sucking the life blood out of your followers. YOU'RE KILLING US OFF :eek: .
</hate mail to Apple>

adam1185

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2004
How bout everyone just avoid the internet and just keep refreshing apple's quicktime page on tuesday to see when the keynote is posted...then we can all pretend it's live!

hal9000

macrumors newbie
Jun 4, 2002
wileypen said:
Jobs's punishment for the leaks. You don't get to see all these new toys, you naughty rumor mongers!
Because of the $499 Mac rumors, the viewing audience for the live Internet broadcast would probably be much larger than usual - maybe too large for reliable delivery of the video stream. It may be a simple bandwidth issue.

xsnightclub

Suspended
Jun 9, 2004
Green Bay, WI
Maybe they are trying to avoid the recurring "blue screen of death" mishap Gates had this week in Las Vegas at CES.

I love it when that happens to Mr. Softy.

adam1185

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2004
xsnightclub said:
Maybe they are trying to avoid the recurring "blue screen of death" mishap Gates had this week in Las Vegas at CES.
News would still get out of any sort of errors at the show...and i doubt they would post an edited feed online later ( at least I hope not)

applekid

macrumors 68020
Jul 3, 2003
Are people actually surprised? I can't remember a Keynote that was actually live for a while... I just hope they have a recording available once I'm home from school.

pourhadi

macrumors member
Jan 27, 2003
I keep having to say this...

Apple is a business. It's cheaper not to do a live broadcast.

diamacibal

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2004
hal9000 said:
Because of the $499 Mac rumors, the viewing audience for the live Internet broadcast would probably be much larger than usual - maybe too large for reliable delivery of the video stream. It may be a simple bandwidth issue.
Of course, they'd never admit that... maybe TS has something posted about bandwidth issues, though... :rolleyes: