No new iMac today

Discussion in 'iMac' started by george-brooks, Oct 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. george-brooks macrumors 6502a

george-brooks

I am convinced that we will not see a refreshed iMac at today's event. With the iPad Mini, 13" rMBP, a new Mac Mini, iTunes, and iBooks, I cannot see it fitting in. I feel like they would want to spend a lot of time talking about the iMac and they probably want to spend even more time talking about the iPad mini, its just too many products for one day. Combined with rumors of shipping delays, etc, I think the new iMac is still a couple months off.

We've seen this before with the original rMBP event. EVERYONE expected a new mac pro, Apple didn't (well, barely) deliver. There were simply too many other things going on. Does anyone else feel this way?

I guess I'll be proven right or wrong in a few hours.

2. ZtevenX macrumors newbie

3. george-brooks thread starter macrumors 6502a

george-brooks

where?

4. ZtevenX macrumors newbie

nowhere, just lying to myself to keep my hopes down

5. ipodmac macrumors regular

6. TMRaven macrumors 68020

TMRaven

Barring a significantly change of design, and I'm not just talking about a thinner frame, I don't really see the disappointment of it not being announced at the event. Yes it's a shame that this isn't the Apple of 10 years ago, where the computers were always at the forefront of attention and dedication to such events, but also know that Apple's for the most part has done silent revisions/upgrades to the iMac line for the past several years, and that included a silent (major) revision when they first introduced the 27 inch iMacs.

If the new iMacs aren't announced tomorrow at the event, 100% they'll be silently introduced through their site in the week or two after, as they have from time to time the past years. No way Apple misses out on Christmas-related shopping sprees.

7. ipodmac macrumors regular

Everyone says that " they will be updated after". It never happens. If its not today then it will be July 2013 at the earliest

8. washburn macrumors 6502

btw do you think theres going to be something else on the Apple front page tomorrow, or is iPhone 5 going to be there longer?

9. bobright macrumors 601

He is being sarcastic in that you would think that's the case w/ your thread title

10. GrooveOn macrumors newbie

iPad Mini for sure!

11. MacMiguel macrumors regular

From my point of view.... IT'S NOW OR NEVER! I can't stand this ridiculous situation any second....

Well Apple, I've 2000€ ready for your new iMac... If you don't want it, tell me easily and I will pass too...

12. washburn macrumors 6502

13. george-brooks thread starter macrumors 6502a

george-brooks

I figured.
    [​IMG]

14. Eadfrith macrumors 6502

Eadfrith

Too many rumours lately for them all to have been true.

15. spork183 macrumors 6502a

spork183

You lying sack. How dare you imply that simply because Apple has let the iMac rot on the tree for the past few years, that Tim will continue to leave it half-baked. I see a glorious new era of superior architecture, hardware, graphics and design. Beginning today (er Tomorrow in my timezone).

Or, we don't get crap until 2013 when we get rewarmed speed bumps and, hold yer breath, an updated curvaceous stand. Shoot me now. :mad:

16. george-brooks thread starter macrumors 6502a

george-brooks

I think there will definitely be a design refresh, it is long overdue and I think Timmy C wants to prove himself a bit, too. But I think Apple will have a separate event event for it next month. They don't want to miss the holiday rush and they want to ship on release day. I don't think we'll be seeing a silent upgrade after 539 days since an update.

17. Solomani macrumors 68030

Solomani

We will get the Steve Jobs Special Edition Anniversary iMac.

18. george-brooks thread starter macrumors 6502a

george-brooks

"The new iMac with 1080p facetime camera. The next big thing."

19. ZtevenX macrumors newbie

if they don't refresh the new imacs tmr i dont see a point in getting it next year since IVY will be outdated by then, unless they want to skip IVY.

20. MacMiguel macrumors regular

I think they want to skip us mainly XDDDDDDDD, just iToys consumers are welcome!

21. James Craner macrumors 68000

James Craner

Well, depends on how significant the update is, if it is just a speed bump then it may just be a silent update to the Mac Store, when everything else goes live.

22. MacMiguel macrumors regular

I don't care if it's just a bump specifications or a completly new redesign because i think the actual design is perfect. I just wanna know that the computer I'm buying worth it and it's new!

23. george-brooks thread starter macrumors 6502a

george-brooks

I don't think we'll be seeing a silent upgrade after 539 days since an update.

24. bobright macrumors 601

If it was smething small spec wise it would have been updated a longtime ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.