No offense to iPhone 8 users but...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by xxray, Oct 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xxray macrumors 6502a

I just used the iPhone 8 and 8 plus after playing with the Galaxy S8 and Note 8, and the iPhones looked seemed soooooo dated in comparison. I mean, they are dated considering the front design is being used for a fourth year, but I couldn't get over the difference in the quality of the display and the screen to body ratio. The iPhone X is super pricey but I can't imagine spending ~$800 on an iPhone that seems so dated in comparison to the competition. I know the specs inside are top notch, but still. Granted, Samsung's software still sucks imo, but the hardware is truly stunning. Makes me excited to see the iPhone X in person even though I won't be upgrading for another year or two (fingers crossed for an iPhone X+)

2. Diorama macrumors 6502a

3. PBz macrumors 68020

PBz

Samsung has been making phones longer than Apple & still has $&@% for overlay.

4. Tthomas612 macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

5. bigjnyc macrumors 603

bigjnyc

The front design has actually been used for 10 years lol. The only thing that’s changed a bit is the home button

6. areyes163 macrumors 6502

areyes163

Well I owned the Note 8 and currently own a 8 plus. It all comes down to preference. What you see as dated others don’t. What you like. Others don’t. And vice a versa. If you don’t care for something that’s ok. You have your needs and they won’t be the same as others and that’s fine also.

At then end of the day no one can say which device is better. Only which device is better for themselves. That’s truly it.

7. edfoo macrumors 6502

Meh not really. Seems like another rinse-and-repeat boring thread :rolleyes:

8. RecentlyConverted macrumors 6502a

Personally I have always preferred the screens on the Samsung’s. It’s just a shame they run that dreadful Android.

9. EdMan macrumors 6502

EdMan

10. DNichter macrumors G3

DNichter

Never really thought about that, but yea this is the first major front redesign in 10 years.

11. joeblow7777 macrumors 603

That's cool.

I love my 8 Plus. So much so that I have zero desire to tell other people about my perceived shortcomings of their phone, I'm too busy enjoying mine. :)

12. bufffilm Suspended

bufffilm

Nothing wrong with a good design...my jail-broken 6s is fine by me.

Those getting the ipX are welcome to. As are the Samsung S9 and the LG owners.

Can't we all just get along?! :D

13. Juan007 macrumors 6502a

Juan007

If Apple launched a cure for cancer today, would you come back in four years and complain that they haven't cured AIDS too? If it isn't broke then don't fix it. Apple doesn't change for the sake of change, they change for the better. It takes billions of dollars and millions of man hours to design a new iPhone, it's not a task Apple takes lightly. Other vendors make take it lightly, and look at the result (hint: pile of smoldering phones).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.