Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eric374

macrumors 6502
Sep 25, 2006
Wichita, Kansas
I am sure I will probably get down voted for this. But to me, bragging about "performance" of a phone seems to me a lot like bragging about "performance" of a scooter. Really?

That's what always cracks me up about people who say "the POWER of Android", etc. Can it cook for me, do my dishes and laundry, go from 0-60 in 3.5 seconds? No? Then there's no power there if ya ask me.

RenoG

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2010
We're sorry, you were not accepted.

You won't be able to play football again.

Your squad is shipping out to Afghanistan in 3 weeks.

Give me your money or I'll shoot.

We've found an abnormality in your child's heart.

You're fired.

Your home has been repossessed/foreclosed ... you have 30 days to move out.

We think you have cancer.

Perspective ... get some.

Imagine receiving all this news in one day.

You've accepted a promising football career that starts next season only to be seriously hurt in practice and the team doctor tells you 'you wont play ever again'. You call your backup day job but you're told you were fired and besides they moved the department to afghanistan. While in the hospital you find out your child has just been admitted in as well and you're told its because of a serious abnormality thats been found in your child's heart, turns out its an inherited condition which leads them to check you as well only for them to find what looks to be cancer. You call your wife over from you daughters room to give her even more bad news but she tells you first that the sheriff came by the house earlier giving you all 30 days to get out because the house has been foreclosed on. Due to all the excitement your wife remembered that she left her purse in the front seat of the car and while in the parking lot shes approached by a mugger who says "give me you money or I'll shoot".

Yeah I'd say that trumps buyers remorse of any kind.

Last edited:

ZBoater

macrumors G3
Jul 2, 2007
Sunny Florida
Imagine receiving all this news in one day.

You've accepted a promising football career that starts next season only to be seriously hurt in practice and the team doctor tells you 'you wont play ever again'. You call your backup day job but you're told you were fired and besides they moved the department to afghanistan. While in the hospital you find out your child has just been admitted in as well and you're told its because of a serious abnormality thats been found in your child's heart, turns out its an inherited condition which leads them to check you as well only for them to find what looks to be cancer. You call your wife over from you daughters room to give her even more bad news but she tells you first that the sheriff came by the house earlier giving you all 30 days to get out because the house has been foreclosed on. Due to all the excitement your wife remembered that she left her purse in the front seat of the car and while in the parking lot shes approached by a mugger who says "give me you money or I'll shoot".

And on top of all this imagine you also bought an iPhone 4S and regret it. Oh, the horror!

Eric0531

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2011
Seattle
What your feeling is normal for most iPhone owners. Everyone I know with an iPhone feels the same way. Even me but some of us use some features of the iPhone and can't do without them. My business accounts and software is all intergrated between the iPad, iPhone and PC so I can't change even if I wanted to. I would love to own a android phone as the features they have make the iPhone feel like we went back in time but we feel your pain.

I won't ever understand why any iPhone user wouldn't want a android phone if they had the choice to change. I hate it when people see me with the "hipster trinket" aka iPhone because for one I don't want to be associated with them skimpson Jean wearing students and it's almost embarrassing being seen with the iPhone. It's like the feeling you have when you go round yours friends house and he just told you he bought an audiophile sound system then you see it's a BOSE setup :rolleyes:

This is quite possibly the idiotic post I've read here in awhile. And that's saying something!

Ivabign

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2011
SoCal
My favorite line was the (approximate) "as soon as I realized I couldn't customize my phone without voiding the warranty was the time I thought I had made a mistake"...

Coming from someone who states at the beginning - this is my first smartphone...

How much customization did that LG chocolate give you? Or that RAZR V3?

Goodness, coming from a feature phone I was so disheartened my new phone didn't have widgets.

Hilarious.

andross77

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2011
Your "buyer's remorse" is actually "not doing enough research on phones and understanding how well the iphone 4S stacks up against current and near future android alternatives."

The iphone is great. It's different from android. Buying a phone that has 0.8" bigger screen and 200mhz faster cpu and 512mb more RAM etc does not mean the USER EXPERIENCE will be better.

It is also NOT an enviable position to be in to buy a phone that has better specs than the current iphone to only see something released with better specs than your better-specs-than-the-current-iphone-phone within a 6 week period.

The iphone 4S is a great phone. If you rather go for bigger screen and better specs rather than UI and UE, go ahead. Just don't mistake "not understanding the fundamental differences between OS's" for "buyer's remorse."

treyjustice

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2009
TX
There is usually at least a 2 week window to return it if you don't like it. Your remorse would have probably been worse if you bought an android though. I know mine was.

Sandman1969

macrumors 6502a
Nov 5, 2007
Like I said "most" iPhone users. Clearly your not in that majority of people. I have been a long time apple user and I'm under no illusion about how great or bad the products they make are. I just understand that there are other products on the market that are cheaper and work better. I don't get why your saying that android phones are unstable as my wife's old phone never had one issue and worked a treat. Since I have had my 4S I have had numerous app shutdowns for no reason, issues with app store crashing, bad battery life, a couple of reboots and a few problems with imessage! That's not great for a 1 week old phone but hey "iPhones just work!" if your happy with your phone then that's fine but you sound like one of them guys who would buy anything and everything with a apple logo on it no matter what other better options are out there.

When did you take a national Poll? I would wager that "MOST" iPhone users are very happy with their phone and wouldn't switch to a Android phone if given the opportunity.

Yeah Android phones NEVER have any battery issues. Luckily, the iPhone issues will be resolved with a Software update. The Androids will still suck. The "glowing" reviews of the Nexus state the exact same problem with it.

Androids are nice phones. However, they are not without problems. My buddies at work complain constantly about their issues. One update killed his Voicemail capability, which he is still trying to iron out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.