Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
A

Anon

How?

How did this get on here before the actual apple site changed??

acidsteve

macrumors newbie
Dec 30, 2000
This looks like something big, real big, something which we wont expect..and I'm too damm excited!
lol..

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
server clock is off by a few minutes :)

arn

buffsldr

macrumors 6502a
May 7, 2001
The waiting is the hardest part

Dont know how much longer I can take this, Captain.

macdop

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2002
Wrong direction

I think this basically says to us that its something completely new, as in not one of the items currently in the digital hub scheme, not a MP3 player (obvious), not digital or DV camera, not CD player, and not PDA. So, what would be a great new device that:
Is going to blow us away
Is way beyond rumors
Is like a backstage pass into the future
Is going where no PC has gone before

It's time to think different from the ground up (bad pun intended)

ormerlin

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2001
Portable? Tablet? PDA?

Since the tag line says "Where no PC has gone before" is it possible Apple is speaking of something portable? Meaning is will travel places easier than any other product has?

AppleJunkie

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2002
Re: Portable? Tablet? PDA?

Originally posted by ormerlin
Since the tag line says "Where no PC has gone before" is it possible Apple is speaking of something portable? Meaning is will travel places easier than any other product has?

I agree!!

macdop

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2002
as for going where no PC has gone before, the only place on this planet I can think of that would be useful to have a computer that it haven't already been is inside the body, which I think is a little extreme, even for apple, I think it should be thought of as ether a reference to capabilities not previously available, or as some sort of Star Trek reference (holodeck anyone?) perhaps genuine working speech recognition and control?

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
a word of reason... :) If that's possible during the pre-expo hype...

I don't think people should be taking these teasers literally. And I doubt they mean "PC" to mean Windows PC. They probably mean "Personal Computer"... not that it makes much difference.

arn

MacSOS

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2002
Reading Tea Leaves

So, we have a little more info to work with now. They come right out and say that it will be a "PC." as compared to perhaps a PDA as many on here have speculated. That's what I get from this lasted tease. The focus of the big announcment must be centered around a new computer and not the fake iWalk we've all smiled over.

But for them to stoke the flames as greatly as they have done and will do all weekend......this had better be one h-e-double hockey sticks of a computer!! If it is going to go (read: perform) as no other PC has done before doesn't this force them to come out with some amazingly fast machine? Or would a new iMac design (even a machine not called an imac) be considered revolutionary enough to fit the bill? I can't imagine though a consumer PC (i.e iMac) be faster than a deskotp machine.

Perhaps we will see why 2002 WILL be like 1984?? :)

Live Long and prosper!!

A

anon

os x for pcs?!

no PC has ran OS X. .maybe it *is* OS X for PCs..

who knows..

arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggg!! This is too much!!! :)

ors23

macrumors newbie
Jan 4, 2002
Hmm...wouldn't it be awesome if instead of a LCD screen, the iMac had a built-in projector. Who needs a monitor when you have a wall?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.