No Plus models will be available for walk-in on Friday

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ccolaco, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68040

"We couldn’t be happier with the initial response to iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus, and we are looking forward to beginning sales through our retail stores and partners around the world.
    Beginning Friday, limited quantities of iPhone 7 in silver, gold, rose gold, and black will be available for walk-in customers at Apple retail stores. During the online pre-order period, initial quantities of iPhone 7 Plus in all finishes and iPhone 7 in jet black sold out and will not be available for walk-in customers. Availability at partner locations for all finishes may vary and we recommend checking directly with them.
    Customers can continue to order all models in all colors on apple.com. We sincerely appreciate our customers’ patience as we work hard to get the new iPhone into the hands of everyone who wants one as quickly as possible."

2. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Yup. This years Plus launch has been a disaster.

3. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

Speak for yourself. :D

4. mistame macrumors member

Yep, such a disaster that they sold so many they're sold out.

5. Vihzel macrumors 6502

Did you not preorder online?

6. azfalcons Suspended

azfalcons

Guess I won't be going to the store after all

7. simply_sami macrumors member

The problem is the delivery of the plus model was delayed as soon as preorders were live.

8. HarryWild macrumors 6502a

HarryWild

9. Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

I think only the black pluses were on back order. The gold, silver and rose gold were available for 16/9 delivery when pre-orders went live.

10. azfalcons Suspended

azfalcons

When I got through to Verizon at midnight I was told the only thing with a shipping star of 9/16 were 7 models. That's not the case of course so maybe we will see black ship over the next night

11. haruhiko macrumors 68040

haruhiko

Adding in all the Samsung users who jumped ship to Apple, together with the initial supply constraint, it's not surprising to see the extreme shortage of the Jet Black Plus model. Scalpers rejoice.

12. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

But I'd also be interested in knowing how Apple's initial stocks were compared to last year's.

13. spazma7ik macrumors 6502a

Source?

14. olliewollie1 macrumors newbie

olliewollie1

It's an Apple statement being provided to multiple media outlets.

15. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Which I think the other colors in the 7 Plus will be readily available through carriers in base models on launch day. The Jet Black and black models will be strained for some time.

16. Phightinphils, Sep 15, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2016

Phightinphils macrumors 6502

Phightinphils

https://techcrunch.com/2016/09/14/a...stores-and-all-jet-black-models-are-sold-out/
    --- Post Merged, Sep 15, 2016 ---
    I don't think it would be too far fetched to hope for a matte black +. Still a chance those few random Apple Stores and carrier stores will have one for walk-in since it's still sitting at 2-3 weeks just like Silver/Gold/Rose.

I have a 4.7" JB preordered for Oct. but IF (and that's a big 'if') I find a matte + I'm cancelling my JB and snagging it. Otherwise I may cancel my order and try and make a reservation for a matte + on Sat/Sun if the shipping times don't slip further.

17. JayIsAwesome macrumors 65816

JayIsAwesome

This Friday y'all gonna be searching for that jet black iPhone like

IMG_0441.GIF

18. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

I do like the Matte black over the Jet black. I actually opted for Gold and Silver. I always purchased Space Gray in the past, so it was time for a change. Good luck with your iPhone hunt, otherwise enjoy the Jet Black.

19. Phightinphils macrumors 6502

Phightinphils

Idk I'm kind of bummed/buzz-killed :\ JB is absolutely stunning and I really dig the fact of having an exclusive color like that but I just don't know if my OCD could handle the constant smudges... Someone told me "just put a case on it" but then what's the point of having JB at all?

20. JayIsAwesome macrumors 65816

JayIsAwesome

Based on some vids that were posted, regular black seems get smudged easily too

21. Phightinphils macrumors 6502

Phightinphils

Same boat as you..sort of. I tend to go back and forth every year other than going from the black 5 to gray 6+. Gold 6S right now and would have been ALL OVER a white model w/ same finish as JB. I guess I just wasn't overly impressed with the lack of design change so the JB made it feel like something special.

However, I'm regretting not going with the +. I didn't think I'd miss my 6+ but after holding one again today I feel differently. Got an iPad Pro today and if I use it for 30+ minutes and go to use my 4.7" 6S it feels like a shrimp.

22. caelius macrumors regular

caelius

Honestly, if I was you I'd go with the Matte Black. JB looks awesome when unboxing it, but I'm pretty sure that it will be an absolute nightmare for everyone with the tiniest bit of OCD. :/