No update anytime soon.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dylanpd9121, Feb 3, 2010.

1. dylanpd9121 macrumors newbie

Can i be considered a source?

I work at best buy. I work inventory and unload trucks. Before any iMac or MacBook updates, i can sense it. Usually, MacBooks and iMac's ship in a box. A brown cardboard box. Before the last iMac update (21.5 and 27 inch) the older 24's and 20 wernt being sent in the cardboard boxes. they came off the truck in the same box the customers take home. same with the macbook pro's. they are sent in a seperate box. and before last refresh, all the old macbooks wernt in a seperate box. and to this day, we are still recieving macbook pro's in a box. ill be sure to tell yall when i get them not in a box.

2. auero macrumors 65816

I mentioned this in a previous post. Usually people who work at BestBuy see that the inventory is low and they aren't getting anymore orders. This almost always is reported before a refresh and of course theres nothing. :(

3. Alvi macrumors 65816

Alvi

It doesn't make a lot of sense, as an example, here all the Macs i bought came in both boxes and i coincidentally bought an iMac 2 weeks before a new one came out in both boxes.... doesn't sound like a super credible theory, but let's see!

4. jodr macrumors member

I can't buy that there would be "no update anytime soon". Not only is that out of sync with their refresh cycle for the past three years, it makes little business sense: the laptops are the bread and butter of the Mac line. They're going to want to keep them reasonably current in terms of power. The current line might be unreasonable by about first week in March.

5. sharkzfanz macrumors regular

I agree but in 3 years have they brought anything huge like iPad.... Last things was 3.5 years ago and was the iPhone...

I would say we should expect something a few months after iPad or silent update but not i3 or i5 and definitely not i7 since the macbook pro case cannot handle it.

6. Cali3350 macrumors regular

Apple MUST update soon. Core 2 Duo's are no longer made by Intel and Apple does not have thousands on stock. The update will occur within a reasonably short time period.

7. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

Yeah, keep us updated please :p
    This really sucks a lot of donkey poop. :[
    HURRY UP STEVE!!!

8. Bumble Bee macrumors member

Core 2 Duo arent made by intel anymore?

9. eyekyu macrumors member

10. Cali3350 macrumors regular

11. Surely Guest

Surely

All you waiting for Arrandale folk should pay attention to this guy.

This guy's in the trenches, and it seems that he's been there long enough to notice when new hardware is about to come in.

Hopefully he'll help you out and post again when he notices a break in the typical shipping pattern....

This is a good a source as any, and you shouldn't dismiss him so quickly (that is, as long as he's being honest and not making this up to mess with you and your 7000+ post thread......)

12. PacMookBro macrumors regular

What Best Buy guys are saying is true.

13. cspek macrumors newbie

I used to work at best buy inventory also. But there were random times even before updates where we'd get random Macbook shipments without the brown outer box and this is way before an update.

14. robfromabove macrumors regular

I've heard before that Best Buy didn't have new models of certain devices until 2+ weeks after they were announced... So with that in mind, who's not to say next Tuesday isn't the week they refresh it? *fingers crossed*

15. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I don't buy that some unloader at best buy would know
    that no refresh is due for the reasons stated. I think best buy is delayed in getting their product refreshes anyway so it's real hard to tell.

16. FearlessFreep macrumors 6502a

LOL, you 'waiters' keep on waiting. I'd say the OP has as much credibility as anyone else who tells you that an update is imminent, perhaps more. Meanwhile, the Arrandale thread is almost a YEAR old . . . :rolleyes:

17. barkomatic macrumors 68040

Doesn't matter when Apple decides to upgrade for me. I'm simply not buying the sadly outdated tech they are currently offering in their laptop line until they do. Luckily, I have a functioning 2006 MBP but if it dies on me before Apple upgrades I'll just get a Sony Vaio. Not that Apple cares, they could release a MBP with a pentium III in it and they'd still sell out. I'm sure they realize this. Why bother upgrading to a more expensive component if people are still happy to pay a premium for the outdated one? It's only people on Macrumors that care about what's actually *inside* the case. Most people on the street see a nice looking aluminum laptop and that's enough for them.

18. jshelton macrumors 6502a

I know he is telling the truth. After I read his post, I went to that football field with the microphone on the 50 yard line (it's located in a small town in Idaho). I actually had a question about a router, but I thought since I had 761 Best Buy employees in the stands, I would get one more question in. I asked them about MacBook Pro updates, and their response was in line with what the OP has stated.

When an update is near, they will know about it. :apple:

19. NOTORIOUS187 macrumors member

Oh look, another person who regrets buying their MBP and attempts to pacify their feelings of regret by putting down people who are wiser.

20. PsyD4Me macrumors 6502a

PsyD4Me

that's pretty harsh to call some one "some unloader"....
    what's your day job?

21. Surely Guest

Surely

Oh look, another person who regrets waiting and attempts to pacify their feelings of regret by putting down people who are wiser.

Get over yourself. :rolleyes:

22. Pentad macrumors 6502a

Pentad

I hadn't heard that the i7 couldn't fit into the MBP's current case. Why can't the i7 work? Is it a heat issue?

-P

23. FearlessFreep macrumors 6502a

LOL, I' love my MBP - it does everything I need it to and it's plenty fast and will be useful for a long time. No regrets whatsoever.

24. copykris Suspended

copykris

Oh look, an early candidate for worst post of the year

25. Clete2 macrumors 65816

Clete2

If Dell and everyone else can fit i7s, so can Apple.