No update today???

paddler40

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 25, 2010
The Apple site was down globally for quite a while. I was really hoping this was the Mac Pro Update. I'm new to this, does this mean no update today. Or is there still a small glimmer of hope at 1pm EST?:(

WHM

macrumors regular
Feb 5, 2008
South
Look at the bright side.... some new software to run on our outdated equipment ????????????????????????

DanBUK

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2007
Look at the bright side.... some new software to run on our outdated equipment ????????????????????????
Precisely. My G4 is officially not good enough for photo-editing.

Now please, please can I have a new one?

tony-0709

macrumors member
Dec 11, 2008
i dont know whether to pitty myself or pitty the new macbooks without any owners yet...

FSMBP

macrumors 68020
Jan 22, 2009
Exactly!

What good would a $2000 machine be if no good software were updated and released to take advantage of it?

Sure Safari and iTunes will run better on a newer machine, but then again, you shouldn't need a MacBook Pro for those tasks if thats all you want.

Alvi

macrumors 65816
Oct 31, 2008
Mars
It could go down again, It is very possible it still goes down before 12PM PST

DJ90

macrumors member
Feb 2, 2010
good point. apple should have released the mbp first instead of the aperture 3

MagicMouse

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2010
I'm not saying I'm not looking forward to the updates, but outdated equipment? HAHAHAHA you do realize it has only been a year for 17 in and like 8 months for the 13 and 15 in right?? Thats not old, you just cant wait for new stuff so now you put down the current model. :rolleyes:

starman0147

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2007
Anybody else think dropping the store for so long is part marketing ploy in order for a final push to shift current stock.

It got peoples hopes up then turned into a huge let down, those disappointed people might just bite the bullet and buy now.

dlm1113

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2010
Anybody else think dropping the store for so long is part marketing ploy in order for a final push to shift current stock.

It got peoples hopes up then turned into a huge let down, those disappointed people might just bite the bullet and buy now.
I agree 100%.

Alvi

macrumors 65816
Oct 31, 2008
Mars
I'm not saying I'm not looking forward to the updates, but outdated equipment? HAHAHAHA you do realize it has only been a year for 17 in and like 8 months for the 13 and 15 in right?? Thats not old, you just cant wait for new stuff so now you put down the current model. :rolleyes:
yeah but that doesn't mean that Core2Duos are the newest ones, Core i3's, i5's and i7's got released before that, so it's just a bit old for a 2000$ computer

dlm1113

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2010
I hear what you are saying, but I am buying my son his first macbook for his first year in college. I have some time to get it, but I will definitely not pay money for something that will be outdated as soon as I get it.

BeamWalker

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2009

Or they buy something else entirely, because they're sick of waiting. Who knows.

scmming

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2010
Bite the bullet and click buy now?
No. I will just get 100% disappointed and lost all faith to Apple and give up their product for entire life.

starman0147

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2007
Buy something else out of spite? Maybe buy something to tie you over but if the thought of getting a Mac has entered your mind, your eventually going to get one.

jonnysods

macrumors 603
Sep 20, 2006
There & Back Again
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang!

So now we have to wait another week thinking 'what if'? This reminds me of 2006 when I waited 5 months for a iMac refresh. I was glad I did then, and I know I'll be glad I did when these i7's come out.

I just can't justify buying a C2D for $2700.

daleski75

macrumors 68000
Dec 10, 2008
Northampton, UK
And next tuesday hundreds of more threads will be posted with anticipation, what's coming next, this happens every year lol

Come on guys there is much more to life than some updated bits of hardware regardless of how nice they are!

Chill ;)