No walk in stock - Apple Stores UK

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AaronG123, Sep 14, 2016.

1. AaronG123 macrumors regular

Please take with a pinch of salt, however after speaking with Apple live chat - they have advised that no Apple Stores in the U.K will have walk in stock available on the 16th launch day; unlike previous years.

Not sure if this is old news, however reading in other threads that there will be a lack if no stock at all in America - I wanted to find out what the scenario was here in the U.K.

Attached Files:

2. Liam_89 macrumors member

Liam_89

Just spoke to apple chat and got just about the same response as you,
    So no walk in stock on Friday, I wonder if there will be daily stock deliverys to the stores,
    As I walked in last year to get my 6s+ on Sunday afternoon and got one no problems and without ad reservation too.

Attached Files:

3. purpleparrotuk macrumors 6502

I hope they have series 2 watches available. It says from 16th at selected stores.

4. Richie2000 macrumors 6502

Richie2000

Don't leave us hanging! What was the response to the Jet Black stock question?

5. dan-K macrumors regular

I'm so confused! I just called Apple Covent Garden (although I think I got through to a call centre in Ireland) and they told me stores WILL have stock but it will be limited and he couldn't tell me of which model. Does anyone know how to get through to talk to someone in the actual store and not the call centre?

6. Liam_89 macrumors member

Liam_89

I've tried to talk to the store in Gateshead metrocentre, suppose if you asked they would transfer you through ?
    Saying that, I asked the same and she wasn't willing.
    All I want to know is will I be wasting my time on Friday morning going for a walk in phone,
    Why can't they just tell us instead of the secrecy, I'm sure the stores will have there allocation right now ahead of Friday.

7. AaronG123 thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry! Aha, I didn't screenshot response on that - but basically said that there won't be limited supply of the jet black and the same allocation as other colours; but due to popularity it's likely be first to be sold out.

Not sure how much I believe, as it was reported before production that jet black was limited in supply due to yield.

8. Richie2000 macrumors 6502

Richie2000

Thanks for that. I am with you, it seems like there is definitely a supply shortage on the jet black. Reading these forums it doesn't seem to be any more in demand than the black version.

9. MarkieMark92 macrumors regular

Thinking of maybe reserving online when pick up becomes available again Saturday morning at least that way I should get an iPhone just 1 day later than planned

10. robbo747 macrumors member

John Lewis have walk in stock available on launch day.

11. Steve121178 macrumors 68040

Steve121178

Why don't people order online? It avoids all the uncertainty for a start! Ordering online seems the only sensible thing to do rather than taking a punt on a store having (or not having) stock. Lets not get on to how much time you waste as well.

Order online > Delivered to your home/place of work > Happy

12. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

I've been told categorically on day 1 it's reservations only. Failed pickups will go into the following days inventory for reservations. Reservations will commence at 8am online and it'll be like that till production catches up.

13. MarkieMark92 macrumors regular

I tried to but I missed out on them due to the app coming up late! As I am on holiday I don't want to waste time queueing if I won't get anything

14. JButtonMCL macrumors member

Reservations are now fully paid for beforehand, at least in NA. So inventory will be held for 21 days(as per apple rep).

15. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

The manager at my local Apple Store laughed at the prospect of a JetBlack iPhone being available on Friday. He did say that if you do not have any iPhone 7 reserved, most if not all will be disappointed on Friday which is not good for those who are camping. He did say some of the stores in the largest market could have a few phone for sale to walk ins.

16. AaronG123 thread starter macrumors regular

I did try, unfortunately the website did not load until 30 minutes after live time.... thats with 4 devices going 2 via the app, 2 via the website ( also 2 on 4G just in case). Was a right sh*t show. Wanted to take part in the IUP originally, but that turned out to be even worse.... so now stuck just waiting.

17. Tsuchiya macrumors 68020

Tsuchiya

Take this with a massive pinch of salt. Covent is the current flagship given Regent St being renovated, so maybe they'll have more because of that. No guarantee though.

Smaller stores definitely won't have spares on release. Reservation only.

18. dan-K macrumors regular

So what's the latest on this? I saw Apple have no Jet Black stock anywhere, however how lucky do you think I'll be if I qued up from 4am tomorrow morning at Covent Garden for a 128gb Black (Matte) Plus model? Do you think it's worth me even going?

19. twynne macrumors 6502a

In an exchange with the Uk 'Executive Relations Team' earlier she spoke to the store and confirmed no available stock on the 7 Plus. Take it for what it's worth...

20. dan-K macrumors regular

Ahh ok. I'm just so confused, I'm not sure if they just mean Jet Black or ALL 7 plus colours... :S

21. twynne macrumors 6502a

My interpretation, for what it's worth, is that walk-ins are out of luck for tomorrow. Reservations to purchase or for the upgrade programme will probably have first access to whatever *is* available, after which the rest will be available to everyone else from Saturday onward. What stock they have is another matter entirely!

22. Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

You might get a non black 7 if you're lucky. The plus is out of the question.

23. dan-K macrumors regular

So nobody would think it's worth a shot if I went down to queue at about 5am (I'm a night owl and have a day off tomorrow) to try my luck for a 128 plus black?

24. MathersMahmood macrumors 6502

MathersMahmood

Just allow me to reserve on the 17th please!!!

25. twynne macrumors 6502a

I think you'd be wasting your time for a plus... but of course up to you. :)