No White VZW iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hp200lx, Apr 26, 2011.

1. hp200lx macrumors regular

It is being reported by Mark Gurman of 9to5mac.com there will be no white Verizon iphone 4 tomorrow. I can also verify that my friend that works in a Miami FL area store said that they had received 600 AT&T iphones, no VZW. I hope this isn't true...

2. Raska macrumors 6502

Did 9to5mac explain why they think this or what their proof was?

3. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

That's weird. I expected there to be a white Verizon one.

4. Raska macrumors 6502

The only difference is the front and back, no internals have to change for the phones. I believe the only difference between the back and front of AT&T and Verizon iPhones are the tab placements.

5. hp200lx thread starter macrumors regular

Heres a quote from his feed.

"markgurman Mark Gurman
    Verizon is definitely getting white at some point. Very unlikely tomorrow tho.
    21 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
    Mark Gurman
    markgurman Mark Gurman
    Verizon isn't getting the white iPhone tomorrow.
    44 minutes ago
    "

6. gdjsnyder macrumors 6502a

gdjsnyder

Ehhh, I don't believe this, probably just speculation. Best Buy has the Verizon iPhone in their internal systems, and while I know this doesn't prove anything, why on earth would Apple release the white version on (seemingly) every carrier tomorrow except Verizon. It doesn't seem like they're staggering this release by country at all, so why would only AT&T receive the white one and not Verizon.

7. hp200lx thread starter macrumors regular

No clue, but as RaskaSG and I discussed on googletalk earlier today. The VZW white iPhone IS in the system, but doesn't have an inventory count like the ATT one does.

8. Raska macrumors 6502

That's what I'm thinking: the reason we aren't seeing any CDMA unboxing or any CDMA information is that it's mostly (if not all) GSM in Europe, so any CDMA information we will find out tomorrow.

9. gdjsnyder macrumors 6502a

gdjsnyder

Also, I will just add that it is possible that the GSM version was produced much more than the CDMA version, and Apple possibly sent most, if not all, stock to Verizon, if they had low numbers. I don't think they would do this, but it could explain why Apple stores are only receiving GSM variants.

10. hp200lx thread starter macrumors regular

Interesting theory. I tend to believe Mark though.

11. Webecinya macrumors newbie

That wouldn't be a smart PR move on top of this already 10 month delay. If this is true, something tells me AT&T made moves to make sure they were 1st in the US to launch the white version. This will make a lot of VZW customers feel like they ride the backseat to Apples priorities.

12. MacRuler macrumors 6502

i think both verizon and att will release the white iphone tomorrow, i think we have not seen any verizon white iphones in these rumors because there are well.....MUCH less verizon white iphones compared to att ones.

13. hp200lx thread starter macrumors regular

My friend that works in one of the largest apple stores in florida, their store received 600 ATT iphones this morning, 0 VZW, something is up

14. MacRuler macrumors 6502

true, very true. maybe JUST MAYBE they are equipped with radio chips that work both for cdma and gsm? if not (probably not) verizon gets them later??

which sucks for me! lol

15. shelbymayer macrumors regular

doesn't the vzw iphone already have a dual band chip in it and that apple (or vzw I forget which one) disabled the GSM functionality of it?

16. hp200lx thread starter macrumors regular

they are SKU'd for VZW and ATT separately

17. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Which Apple Store?

18. hp200lx thread starter macrumors regular

Aventura

19. gdjsnyder macrumors 6502a

gdjsnyder

A good friends husband works at my local Verizon store, as a technician. She knows I want the white one, so I asked her to ask her husband if he could find out anything for me. I am still waiting on a replay from her husband, so I will make sure to let everyone know when I hear. But I also called another Verizon store close to me, and all I was told was that employees haven't been told anything yet, and did tell me that Apple would have to give an okay to release that information. He did not say they didn't have them.

I am probably just holding on to hope here, as the white iPhone is the iPhone I wanted last June, but didn't hold out and bought black. My mom wants an iPhone and has graciously agreed to get the white and swap with me, so I really need tomorrow to be the day. Another let down by Apple over this phone would be upsetting.

And for the first time, I would regret leaving AT&T.

20. Webecinya macrumors newbie

This quote from another thread suggest these phones are boxed up and labeled confidential, and from what I have also heard, Apple retail employees know zero about a launch until the morning of. If all this is correct, I can't hold much stock in what your friend is saying. A picture of proof would be the best way to show I am wrong.

21. hp200lx thread starter macrumors regular

I'm in the same position, it was the phone i wanted last year, and then had to switch to VZW in december.

22. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Haha, that's the only Apple Store I ever go to. I wouldn't call it big, but with 600 iPhones, it shouldn't be hard to pick one up. Of course, I'm waiting for my iPhone 5:p ... in black :cool:

23. MiXoLoGiSt macrumors newbie

Honesty the white iPhone looks ugly with that proximity sensor above the earpiece.

I have my black iPhone 4 on Verizon and am very happy with it. The next one i buy will be the iPhone 5 or whatever you want to call it.

24. hcho3 macrumors 68030

Why would anyone buy White iphone 4 now?

1. It's almost May. In a month, Apple will hold WWDC and talk about iPhone 5. iPhone 4 prices drop instantly from 199 to 99 dollars.

2. It's 2011. Every smart phones should have god damn dual core processors. This thing has single.

3. It's white. Yes. You put a case on it then it's not very noticeable.

25. truss009 macrumors newbie

Just got back from the mall and specifically made sure I asked the rep. at Best Buy store if they were getting the white iPhone tomorrow and he said 100% yes.