no WWDC updates?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by aaronw1986, Jun 11, 2007.

1. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

2. macenforcer macrumors 65816

macenforcer

3. killr_b macrumors 6502a

killr_b

Doesn't it just make you want to freak out. :eek:

Almost a year has past since the Mac Pro intro. And nVidia pimp slapped ATI across the room 8 months ago.

8 months and no Mac 8800. Complete B.S.

Oh, and I like the keynote's opening focusing on games. Apparently games will always suck @$$ on mac, not because of the software, but because it takes a year for the mac edition of a graphics card… STILL. :mad:

Good job switching to Intel architecture for nothing. :rolleyes:

/ Rant

4. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

Apparently the higher speed processor upgrade option released a while ago is all Apple is expecting to release for a little while. No new design, architecture, mobo, graphics options, nothing. Hopefully something will be released soon. That being said, other than the graphics card which could really use a refresh, the Mac Pro is still an a amazing machine. 1.5 TB of HDD capacity and 16 GB of RAM should most likely keep the majority of users satisfied for now.. ;)

5. jimedit1 macrumors member

sooo disappointed. i was holding off on my purchase hoping for a bone. I am so sure that I'll pull the trigger and in 2 weeks my mac pro will be an old generation. I got this PB g4 two months before they went intel.

I dont mind the small enhancements, upgrades... thats going to happen. I just hate the idea of buying something and having core architechture change almost immediately.

sigh...:mad:

6. aaronw1986 thread starter macrumors 68030

Oh well...if they had updated the Mac Pro, I would have been stuck between it and MBP again...but since they didn't update, I think I can be happy with the MBP I ordered a couple days ago

7. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

I hardly think a video card upgrade would merit time during a keynote address to developers. Too many people create baseless, and impropable expectations for themselves and others. They could add the card as an option at any point, and with little fanfare. What is wrong with the FX 4500?

8. killr_b macrumors 6502a

killr_b

I wasn't expecting to see on stage. That would be crazy unreasonable. But with the store refresh they sometimes slip little upgrades in. ;)

9. Umbongo macrumors 601

Umbongo

Most people who want an 8000 series card want it for games, while the x1900XT is still a good card people buying now want future proofing.

10. FF_productions macrumors 68030

FF_productions

Well, tommorow is Tuesday ;)

If it doesn't get updated, I'll still buy a Mac Pro.

11. sdhollman macrumors regular

I was freaking out and thinking the same thing, but a BTO option is hardly worth and mention at WDDC. Also tomorrow is a Tuesday so who knows?

I know you read these folder Steve, so here is the list.

-400gb at least for the Base HD
    -2gig RAM standard
    -8800 as the stock card, if not the x1900, I know you bought a ******** of these and need to offload them.

That is all I am asking before I through all my cash at you.

12. killr_b macrumors 6502a

killr_b

Hell, ya. But a Mac Pro w/ an 8800 would be all the more shiny. :D

13. Umbongo macrumors 601

Umbongo

I'm not aiming this at you personally, because there are alot of people thinking like this. The memory should be a given due to the current prices, but large HDs and powerful Video cards as stock are so very, very unlikely. Also an update is likely much closer to Intel's July price drops than any other time.

14. suneohair macrumors 68020

suneohair

15. damado macrumors 6502

They probably haven't released an updated video card due to the heat problems they were/are having with the X1900XTs.

16. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

What heat problems? I have not had any problems with mine. I do not remember hearing about it. Some thought the fan was noisy. Mine is very quiet.

17. iW00t macrumors 68040

iW00t

What does Intel have to do with it? Blame Apple's wonderful chioice of "EFI" instead of using the standard BIOS.

It will never come in a stock Mac Pro.

18. downset macrumors member

i do not understand why you are still afraid of this, in the old days you would never know when apple would update and what, now it is really easy, they follow the intel roadmap, so the current macpro will not change until intel SS is available, after that point in time give or take 2 months and the MacPro will be updated, so if you buy now your mac will be top of the line at least until that releasedate from intel

same thing happend to the MBP with santa rosa and will happen to the imac soon also with Santa Rosa

people seem to expect that every key note apple kind of invents new motherboards before intell makes them

19. bossass macrumors regular

20. downset macrumors member

so you blame iphone for the fact that intels next revision doesnt exit yet?

21. Kosh66 macrumors 6502

a Graphics card BTO option is hardly worth mentioning at a keynote. Heck, they released a whole new Macbook Pro last week without a big fancy event. You guys make me laugh.

As many have said, a Mac Pro update isn't likely to happen until after Intel announces the Seaburg chipset. Has Intel announced this... let me check... nope. So no Mac Pro updates.

22. suneohair macrumors 68020

suneohair

It isn't even about SS. Technology has moved forward regardless of that. New GPUs, RAM is cheaper, CPUs will be cheaper soon. The Mac Pro has been stagnating for a year. That is too long, and don't give the 8 core crap.

Intel has made the tech, they have demonstrated it. So it isn't completely out of the question for Apple to make a board since the tech is already there. Regardless, they need to update the thing to match current tech and pricing.

23. suneohair macrumors 68020

suneohair

I don't expect them to mention it at the keynote, just do it. They could have taken the store down and plopped some new stuff up without say a darn thing. I don't anyone here was expecting them to spend a ton of time on hardware. Considering the iPhone and Leopard.

And I am assuming you all have data saying Apple won't update until stoakley right? It is already in the open that Intel will be releasing this chipset. Did Intel announce the 3.0ghz quad core part before Apple had it?

http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1895,2111404,00.asp

"While Intel does not list a specific quad-core Xeon that runs at 3.OGHz on its Web site, an Intel company spokesperson confirmed that Apple is intending to use a quad-core processor with the Mac Pro that is in limited production."

Hmmm... So why can't they get stoakley again? Plus see my other post above this.

24. downset macrumors member

no they match current tech, beacuse there is no newer tech yet, and no it is not feaseble for apple to make SS motherboards before intel delivers the components

the 3.0ghz xeons are a limited yield from exciting yields, because of the limited yield they gave them to apple in some exlusive deal, the components for a motherboard are not limited yields they just get produced

pricing is another debate

basicly you want a discount beacuse the macpro is more than 6 months on the market