Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lupend88

macrumors 6502
Jul 13, 2010
...and yet you keep redrawing your line in the sand. I thought you were demanding a refund? Why do you keep holding out hope?

I told them I would like to speak to someone over the phone about this atrocious mess, and the CEO told me I would receive a call today. I want to hear in person what the hell happened, and based on that conversation, I will make my call.

Apollonian

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2010
Nomad stands-delayed...

I just can't believe the new lows this company reaches on a daily basis. To the best of my knowledge not a single preorder has shipped as promised and they said they'd ship all before the end of the month if I remember correctly! Did they really think that we wouldn't notice Best Buy has them before any preorders even shipped? Not only can you order online but I can even pick it up in my local store now!! They must have shipped a large quantity to Best Buy to allow distribution like that. It is such bad form and they will lose the business of many like myself who ordered both the Stand and Pod.

lupend88

macrumors 6502
Jul 13, 2010
Just finished a 12 minute phone call with Nomad. They said that I am in the first batch of preorders, and that they have a tracking number for me (which they are emailing me today) and that shipping to my front door will take 7-10 days from now. Since I was the first batch, I can confirm that none of these have begun shipping.

I asked them about the whole Best Buy thing. I said "since I can get this same exact stand from Best Buy before my preorder will get here, then I can assume you fulfilled orders with Best Buy before orders with preorder customers that gave you their money two months ago, correct?" She said she can't answer that at this moment.

I also told her that after the initial delay, I was promised no further delays. I straight up asked her, so you can confirm this is an additional delay, right? She couldn't say no, and agreed that this is indeed another delay.

Even though this situation has been frustrating, she was very accommodating over the phone. I told her that if they keep communication and transparency at a maximum, I will follow through with my order.

----------

^^^^ As a follow up, I just received my tracking number, and like I was told, it isn't active. The email that included the tracking number says it will be scanned in their system by end of day tomorrow and it will take 2-3 days before I see any movement. After those 2-3 days they told me it will take 7-10 days to ship, so I will likely have this at my door in 2-3 weeks.

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
socal
[/COLOR]^^^^ As a follow up, I just received my tracking number, and like I was told, it isn't active. The email that included the tracking number says it will be scanned in their system by end of day tomorrow and it will take 2-3 days before I see any movement. After those 2-3 days they told me it will take 7-10 days to ship, so I will likely have this at my door in 2-3 weeks.

what the heck kind of shipping are they using that isn't going anywhere for 2-3 days, then takes another 7-10 days before you get it? that's worse than USPS!

what a crap company!

Apollonian

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2010
Nomad stands-delayed...

what the heck kind of shipping are they using that isn't going anywhere for 2-3 days, then takes another 7-10 days before you get it? that's worse than USPS!

what a crap company!

Par for the course it seems. After all the delays they owe us better shipment than that!! That's just the "first wave" too! Some of us further down the list may not have it until JULY!!! They originally said they'd ship in APRIL!

It really infuriates me when a company tries to hide the truth. If they were honest and didn't attempt to get some extra days by saying they are "shipping" I'd have some more respect for them.

JSB1540

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2015
After asking countless times for an explanation as to why Best Buy carries these before preorders, and when my order will be shipped, I received this from the CEO..

"I sincerely apologize for the delay. I know you've been waiting a long time and I can understand your frustration with us. I just landed on the ground in Shenzhen, China, where we manufacture Stand. We are shipping them out of neighboring Hong Kong. We're fast at work here to get yours shipped out. I know it's been a long wait on your end, so from the team and me we really do apologize. Stands have been produced and right now we're working fast to get the backorder shipped out."

Literally none of my issues were addressed.

I received the EXACT email!

lupend88

macrumors 6502
Jul 13, 2010
I received the EXACT email!

After receiving that email, I asked for someone to contact me directly by phone, in which they did within the hour. If you would like details, I would suggest that route. Otherwise, the long post I made a couple replies back answers (hopefully) most of the concerns you/we have been having.

soya

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2010
I have waited so long to get my SS 42mm with Link Bracelet that this delay is nothing to me haha

Bryan Bowler

macrumors 601
Sep 27, 2008
... This company used our preorder money to fund the startup cost to get these at Best Buy! ...

Yep, whether or intentional or not, this is what's happened. I'm not one for lawsuits, but they should be sued if this is in fact the case.

For those that still have orders and are frustrated (as you should be), you need to go straight to your credit card company and have the charge reversed. Don't waste your time trying to get Nomad to reverse the charge.

Make the call now.

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
socal
But this was not a Kickstarter campaign. It was their normal company website taking pre-orders.

I cancelled my order and I am happy with my Spigen dock.

ahhhhh ok..... it's been so long that we've been reading out these (and others that are kickstarters) that i got confused (and i'm not even blonde!)

still a crappy company that gives pre-orders a bad name!

lupend88

macrumors 6502
Jul 13, 2010
ahhhhh ok..... it's been so long that we've been reading out these (and others that are kickstarters) that i got confused (and i'm not even blonde!)

still a crappy company that gives pre-orders a bad name!

Definitely gives pre-orders a bad name, seeing that any joe-schmo on the street can order this on Best Buy and get it before me, who is in the first batch of preorders, that ordered over two months ago.

Apfpilot

macrumors regular
Mar 22, 2012
If you don't cancel your order and just keep taking their excuses what incentive do they have not to do this the next time around?

Bryan Bowler

macrumors 601
Sep 27, 2008
Exactly, just worries me they will do the same thing to the Pod which already has been put back a month, from June when I ordered to now July.

And you should cancel that order too. When companies do these kind of things, I always take my money elsewhere.

When the Nomad Stand was first announced, several forum members warned us about the shady practices and broken promises this company has given before...and sure enough, the same thing happened again.

Rob198612

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2014
Miami
I like many of you guys have not gotten a single update about shipment nor email responses and the fact that i see if on best buy does not make matters better. i emailed today and asked to cancel the order.

i instead ordered the hirise stand for apple watch looks good and 10 bucks cheaper and amazon will have it at your doorstep by friday!

http://amzn.com/B00UIT6PMA

Ryxmd

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2014
Anyone see the Nomad pics on bestbuy? I thought they changed the design and part of the cable can be seen on the top?

alexcue

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
I like many of you guys have not gotten a single update about shipment nor email responses and the fact that i see if on best buy does not make matters better. i emailed today and asked to cancel the order.

i instead ordered the hirise stand for apple watch looks good and 10 bucks cheaper and amazon will have it at your doorstep by friday!

http://amzn.com/B00UIT6PMA

Wow, no offense but that's one odd looking stand, and a whole $10 cheaper! ;)

Ryxmd

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2014
They did change it. They don't even have the updated photos on the product page.

So people buying it at bestbuy.com will be in or a surprise.

I was so close to buying the Nomad stand but decided on the Griffin instead since I got a great deal on it. I'm glad I didn't go through the hassle of purchasing it from Nomad. I don't think I will ever purchase anything from them.

bobTX10

macrumors member
Jan 10, 2011
I have plenty of words to say about them that can't be used on this forum but when I read this thread that they were selling them at best buy, I couldn't believe it. They will not have my business anymore. :mad:

Bryan Bowler

macrumors 601
Sep 27, 2008

what a crap company!

They have to use the cheapest option possible since they've used all of their money and your money to fund their stock of stands at Best Buy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.