Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HowlinAl

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2014
Best of luck to you guys waiting on a delivery, but I'm starting to get a bad feeling about this.

sotie

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2007
I sent an email today to inquire about the status of my order and this is the response I received:

You'll be getting a notification the moment it ships! We're moving them out as quickly as we can. They should all be shipped by the end of next week.

lupend88

macrumors 6502
Jul 13, 2010
I sent an email today to inquire about the status of my order and this is the response I received:

You'll be getting a notification the moment it ships! We're moving them out as quickly as we can. They should all be shipped by the end of next week.

I sent an email too saying that I was one of the first to order and asking when this will ship, and received no response whatsoever. Looks like I'll be canceling if this isn't in my overly patient hands this week.

Apollonian

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2010
I sent an email too saying that I was one of the first to order and asking when this will ship, and received no response whatsoever. Looks like I'll be canceling if this isn't in my overly patient hands this week.

Still no one has had a shopping notification! I guarantee some of the first orders where through these forum users, I really feel like they are giving the run around to try and get some extra days while they "ship" them.

lupend88

macrumors 6502
Jul 13, 2010
Still no one has had a shopping notification! I guarantee some of the first orders where through these forum users, I really feel like they are giving the run around to try and get some extra days while they "ship" them.

I completely agree. There is almost no doubt in my mind that's the case. Very shady and poor customer service if you ask me. I plan on asking for a further discount if I don't hear from them on Tuesday. If they aren't willing, then I will cancel my order.

Apollonian

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2010
Nomad stands-delayed...

Just noticed the Pod delayed till July.

Did anyone order them when it was June 15 shipping?

Where do you see the pod is delayed?

I was stupid enough to order both the stand and pod thinking they could deliver. When I ordered it said June 15 shipping for the pod.

At any rate I'm definitely not surprised and I like how they didn't bother to send an email about that. What I really don't like is they charge you in full then they have delay after delay, they really should charge when and if they ship.

I hate to be negative but my frustration with them is growing by the day.....

mitchsaunders

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2014
Brisbane, Australia
Where do you see the pod is delayed?

I was stupid enough to order both the stand and pod thinking they could deliver. When I ordered it said June 15 shipping for the pod.

At any rate I'm definitely not surprised and I like how they didn't bother to send an email about that. What I really don't like is they charge you in full then they have delay after delay, they really should charge when and if they ship.

I hate to be negative but my frustration with them is growing by the day.....

Oops not delayed, but changed date to July 15.

I was looking to get the Pod, but now am having second thoughts. Might as well get a Griffin WatchStand for the moment until Nomad fixes themselves up.

Fester1952

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2012
Adelaide, Australia
Oops not delayed, but changed date to July 15.

I was looking to get the Pod, but now am having second thoughts. Might as well get a Griffin WatchStand for the moment until Nomad fixes themselves up.

I cancelled my stand order due mainly to the "discrete" cable now being not so discreet! Now I think there are much better stands out there for the money.
I still have a Pod on order but now going from a June to July ship date it is getting a bit frustrating. Wished I never had placed the order now.

lupend88

macrumors 6502
Jul 13, 2010
I cancelled my stand order due mainly to the "discrete" cable now being not so discreet! Now I think there are much better stands out there for the money.
I still have a Pod on order but now going from a June to July ship date it is getting a bit frustrating. Wished I never had placed the order now.

Looks like I'll be canceling mine too. Do you have any suggestions for some better stands?

Fester1952

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2012
Adelaide, Australia

InAustralia

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia
Looks like I'll be canceling mine too. Do you have any suggestions for some better stands?

There are lots of stands available, just check the different stands on this thread https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1856503/

I cancelled my Nomad stand as well and got the Spigen Stand (it's fairly nice and cheap). I also bought the Fuz Design stand as well (http://fuzdesigns.com/products/fuz-dock-for-apple-watch) as I was after an stand which can hold my iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch.

supertomtom

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2007
Gold Coast, Australia
Even with the change in the little bit of cable showing, I still think it looks better than most of the other stands out there. I'm gonna hang in there a little longer, hopefully it'll ship soon...

mitchsaunders

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2014
Brisbane, Australia
Bit the bullet and got the Griffin WatchStand.
MEMORIALDAY offer came to $30.49 USD including $8 in that cost with standard Postage via UPS (no tracking).
$39.01 AUD showing on CommBank. Pretty happy for now.
July I'll report back and pick up a Nomad Pod if Nomad's got their head right.

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
socal
everything this company has done from the beginning was very snake-like, from the bouncing pre-order discounts, to the inconsistencies with the discounts offered (or not offered) withe the delay, to the design change and now to this whole not shipping, but it's available at best buy thing.

i'm staying far away from these people! they don't appear trustworthy to me at.all!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.