Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AlliFlowers

macrumors 601
Jan 1, 2011
L.A. (Lower Alabama)
A seller on AliExpress sent me a photo of the double tour Hermes clone, I think the leather looks pretty good. Shame about the adapters, but they could be changed easily I expect.

The leather looks really nice, I think I may invest in the cuff!

EDIT: I just placed an order for the cuff :D

I went ahead and ordered the double tour. The seller said no problem with black adapters.

Reactions: russkn87

mdavenport

macrumors member
May 22, 2009
Anyone gotten a 4th generation link bracelet who can share the sellers link?

How do u find the 4th generation one?

henrikrox

macrumors 65816
Feb 3, 2010
I tried reading trough 10-15 pages, in short:

Does anyone have a good recommendation for 42mm leather loops?

I found this: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Personally-Fashion-Leisure-Genuine-Leather-Loop-Watchband-For-Apple-Watch-Milanese-Loop-Watchband-With-Magnetic-For/32335285909.html?aff_platform=aaf&sk=Byb2Ba2Jq:&cpt=1444255938499&af=114046441&aff_trace_key=941b0d167ca2414c8ba3b0eac827851b-1444255938499-01810-Byb2Ba2Jq#magnet-ads

any good?

also looking for an OEM steel link bracelet (in space grey). I thought maybe since people have tried different ones they can recommend one.

preferably eBay, as amazon doesn't ship to norway.

Last edited:

henrikrox

macrumors 65816
Feb 3, 2010

jorgejim70

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2015
I tried reading trough 10-15 pages, in short:

Does anyone have a good recommendation for 42mm leather loops?

I found this: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Personally-Fashion-Leisure-Genuine-Leather-Loop-Watchband-For-Apple-Watch-Milanese-Loop-Watchband-With-Magnetic-For/32335285909.html?aff_platform=aaf&sk=Byb2Ba2Jq:&cpt=1444255938499&af=114046441&aff_trace_key=941b0d167ca2414c8ba3b0eac827851b-1444255938499-01810-Byb2Ba2Jq#magnet-ads

any good?

also looking for an OEM steel link bracelet (in space grey). I thought maybe since people have tried different ones they can recommend one.

preferably eBay, as amazon doesn't ship to norway.

I bought a leather loop from aliexpress, not sure it is 100% leather but looks great, feels great so im happy
Took 20 days to arrive but for the price was a total bargain!

JerTheGeek

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2014
So I'm jumping back in here to ask what is the best space grey/black link bracelet?
I have a silver Sport and already have the Inkoo ML, a red leather loop clone, and 3 OEM sport bands. Looking for something dark that'll be a nice contrast with the silver aluminum. So what are the best stainless steel link bracelet clones?

russkn87

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2015
Kent, UK
I just got my Midnight Blue, Orange & product(RED) sport strap through from AliExpress. They are perfect! A little 'softer' feeling than the OEM but you would really never know. For £6, I'm happy :)

russkn87

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2015
Kent, UK
So I'm jumping back in here to ask what is the best space grey/black link bracelet?
I have a silver Sport and already have the Inkoo ML, a red leather loop clone, and 3 OEM sport bands. Looking for something dark that'll be a nice contrast with the silver aluminum. So what are the best stainless steel link bracelet clones?

I'd recommend something like this, which is a pretty good price. eBay has the same ones too, but a little more expensive: www.aliexpress.com/item/URVOI-link-bracelet-for-apple-watch-band-stainless-steel-strap-with-1-1-original-butterfly-clasp/32439638252.html

h00ligan

macrumors 68040
Apr 10, 2003
London
I bought what's listed as a 1:1 clone of the link band for around $50 on eBay. I'm putting together a FYI post about it. I wonder if anyone can recall the weight of the actual stainless link band? This one is vey light compared to the hoco. Maybe a quarter the weight. I will have details about it posted shortly.

Also how do the links remove in the stainless. I want to see di Thai one works the same way. I was assured. Was a 1:1 clone but hats like being told a Rolex in Times Square is real

Looks like the urvoi linked above. Maybe I shouldn't bother with a mini FYI if it's already been covered well.

Anyway knowing the weight of the oem would be helpful. $55 shipped. Maybe. It doesn't seem painted. Hopefully it holds up. It's not exactly a $10 knock off.

acd34023b04252314156749fb22efac0.jpg

Edit. Well I'm pretty let down for $51 shipped. This is a very very lightweight replica with a big sort of gap between the links. Doesn't use the apple link removal Methid despite what was listed. And the clasp seems extremely delicate.

eBay seller offers returns. Only way I'd keep this is if they refunded it down to a $20 band.

Surely at some point a proper 1:1 will come out.

Last edited:
Reactions: russkn87

h00ligan

macrumors 68040
Apr 10, 2003
London
Does anyone have any idea how to get links out of this supposed 1:1 replica ? This is definitely not worth more than $25 max imo. The $50-80 pricing is because a real 1:1 clone isn't out and people are clanking to save cash on good stainless bands. Tbh it doesn't even feel like stainless. Open to ideas online removal. I've tried pushing the pins both ways to see if they're spring loaded. They aren't. Or at least a small screw driver couldn't get it.

7c68ec1dbaf58e253d135d6a5c13f799.jpg

e50f42d3d16aaa77d952dfe66c678f7c.jpg

Edit

Never mind they are spring loaded. Basically in the wrong direction.

mdavenport

macrumors member
May 22, 2009
Does anyone have any idea how to get links out of this supposed 1:1 replica ? This is definitely not worth more than $25 max imo. The $50-80 pricing is because a real 1:1 clone isn't out and people are clanking to save cash on good stainless bands. Tbh it doesn't even feel like stainless. Open to ideas online removal. I've tried pushing the pins both ways to see if they're spring loaded. They aren't. Or at least a small screw driver couldn't get it.

Edit

Never mind they are spring loaded. Basically in the wrong direction.

It looks like you have a Gen 3 similar to mine but just with the link removal pin being on the inside of the strap rather than the end on mine.

I have to say I was disappointed in mine. It also feels very light and a little fragile and doesn't bend around the wrist very well near to where it joins the watch.

I also have a Gen 1 (like the Hoco one) and the colour is slightly different on that one and also the weight is somewhat heavier and feels much more sturdy.

I would stay with the Gen 1 but it digs into my wrist where the clasp on the inside is raised.

I am hoping the Gen 4 like in the link below is better but not sure if I am willing to spend another $150+

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...pple-Watch-Strap-1-1/1850588_32400123608.html

vincenz

macrumors 601
Oct 20, 2008
Leaving this here for anyone interested. Hoco black leather classic buckle from eBay. I got a Luvvitt black adapter from Amazon and swapped out the chrome stainless steel to match my space grey more. All in, around $35 for a decent quality and versatile band in my opinion-- I'm very happy with how it came out. Wrist size 165mm for reference.

My sport band will be relegated for exercising only. Have a clone black leather loop coming from eBay also, will post that when it arrives.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited:

h00ligan

macrumors 68040
Apr 10, 2003
London
It looks like you have a Gen 3 similar to mine but just with the link removal pin being on the inside of the strap rather than the end on mine.

I have to say I was disappointed in mine. It also feels very light and a little fragile and doesn't bend around the wrist very well near to where it joins the watch.

I also have a Gen 1 (like the Hoco one) and the colour is slightly different on that one and also the weight is somewhat heavier and feels much more sturdy.

I would stay with the Gen 1 but it digs into my wrist where the clasp on the inside is raised.

I am hoping the Gen 4 like in the link below is better but not sure if I am willing to spend another $150+

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...pple-Watch-Strap-1-1/1850588_32400123608.html
On my experience he hoco is not a gen anything. THere are some that are like the hoco in design but the hoco in build is vey different. I don't consider the hoco to be any sort of knockoff strap nits a nice anodized stainless strap with Apple Watch adapters. It has its own cheap knockoffs which are also heavy but the spacing on the links is bad and so forth. The hoco band shouldn't be considered in relics bands. J less tire talking about the cheap replicas of the hoco band. Like k said it's tough because the hoco knockoffs looks so much like it. They have a slightly different clasp and while heavy are not as heavy as the actual hoco. If you see a hoco in real life. You'll see how different the build is than the unbranded 3 bead straps floating around. It's the same kind of difference as Apple link band to this one almost. Night and day. The hoco is without a doubt he best stainless band on the market right now for a reasonable price. And anyone considering it is say go for it. I wouldn't buy the brandies 3 beads which look like it though.

Anyway. I've already had it with this one. Even getting links out reveals how truly fragile and awful the finish is. It's definitely painted and won't last a week.

I'd said $25 target price before mid lower that to 10 now. I wouldn't buy it. Even if they said I could have it for a $20 to avoid my return I'll be returning it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.