Not happy after reading this!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Woomy123, Mar 30, 2012.

1. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Not annoyed at all. As far as I am concerned the iPad (and the iPhone) is not about benchmarks. It's about how the device performs in real life in your hand. So far mine has been nothing less than astonishing.

2. physicsguy13 macrumors 6502

physicsguy13

3. Nychot macrumors 6502a

4. pat park macrumors 6502a

who cares? Just use the thing and enjoy it!

waste so much time chasing specs.

5. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

I'm not annoyed at all. How many people or programs are there that would push an iPad to it's limits where those performance specs fall short, and who would use them all the time? I don't and my iPad performs just fine.

I'm not looking to squeeze every once of performance out of my devices at all times, so it really doesn't matter.

6. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

I agree 100%.

I have not tried to do anything with my new iPad that it wouldn't do. That being said, my iPad one was still functional, but it was slowing down and crashing. Therefore, regardless of the bench scores, I'm completely satisfied with my upgrade!

7. Tones2 macrumors 65816

I love this. Had the specs turned out the other way, those responding would have been saying how great the iPad 3 performs because of the test results. Fanboys never seize to make me laugh in the predictability of their responses. :p

Tony

8. Eddie Bombay macrumors 6502

Yea just enjoy your new iPad. Seems most people on this forum have an iPad 2 anyways. Those benchmarks are all just numbers anyway, it's all about optimization and as we all know thats what apple is known for.

I have a transformer prime and an iPad 2 and I love one just as much as the other. Chances are you'll never even tell the difference anyway.

Just be happy! :D

9. Cynicalone macrumors 68040

Cynicalone

10. barkomatic macrumors 68040

Despite the superior *raw* performance of the Tegra 3, the transformer prime is still more laggy than the iPad. This came out in early reviews. A few software updates will fix it, but by then Google will have moved on to the next sugary confection of an OS.

11. dmccloud macrumors 6502a

dmccloud

Benchmarks are for the android fanboys that have nothing else to brag about on their tablet devices. They're irrelevant if the software is buggy or just flat-out sucks, and even more so if the UI and user experience on the devices is garbage.

12. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

Lol as soon as I saw graphs and speed charts I closed the page.

Love my iPads

13. qtx43 macrumors 6502a

Dear Not Happy,

When not happy with a product, many people choose to return it for a refund. Others feel their needs are best met by using a smallish sledgehammer on the offending object until these feelings of regret and anguish are overwhelmed by the pure joy of destruction. Still others, seek solace in the arms of a mistress. Which course of action is most appropriate and affordable for your situation is up to you.

Hope that helps, have a nice day.

14. bri1212 macrumors 6502

Don't care what the specs say. My ipad 3 performs great! I hope you laugh a lot.

15. MrXiro macrumors 68040

MrXiro

Can't say I've felt any performance issues on my new iPad... in fact I feel like it's a bit smoother and faster all around. When my daughter gets back from her trip I'll do some side by side comparisons and see if I'm just imagining the newest model running smoother.

16. Maskusee macrumors 6502a

Maskusee

17. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

I do own both and I can say the iOS runs just as smooth on both devices.

18. glen e macrumors 68030

could care less about bench tests...feels the same to me...therefore non issue

19. whtrbt7 macrumors 6502a

The Tegra 3 is a much better CPU than the A5X. It's a 4+1 core CPU that can crunch numbers really fast. The problem with it is a lack of graphics acceleration so real life speed tests will show the 2012 iPad with superior speeds just due to the quad-core graphics processor in the A5X. Geekbench only benches the CPU ability.

20. boy-better-know macrumors 65816

boy-better-know

For God's sake, do people not understand that specs are completely meaningless without the software and implementation to back it up. iPad kicks the ass of all of it's competitors because of iOS, it is lightyears ahead.
    Exactly the same with computers, you can get a more powerful PC for the same priced Mac, but it means nothing because PC's are terrible to use, in my honest opinion.

21. bawbac macrumors 65816

bawbac

Exactly.
    That's why there is no real performance differences between the original iPad, iPad2 and the new iPad on 90% of apps.

It's only 10% or less apps on the iPad that requires these "spec" performances.

So when you upgrade your iPad, you basically get some incremental upgrades in options & performance really is just "snake oil" for marketing.

Original iPad -> iPad2 = Slimmer case, slightly ligher & added camera
    iPad2 -> new iPad = Upgraded camera, Siri dictation, retina screen and LTE option

22. ri0ku macrumors 6502a

Specs are not meaningless even when you add into the fact of software. Mudbox on a mac running an i5 2.6ghz vs a i7 at 3.00ghz on a pc. The PC would render and perform better than the mac.

In this case for the iPad though the benchmarks are so slight it would make no real world difference.

23. jdcell100 macrumors regular

You could always go buy a supernova dlx off qvc if yr not happy. The ipad3 is by far the best tablet out there all I know is it works and looks great

24. Dillenger macrumors 6502a

Dillenger

If it does what I need it to do, I could care less about the specs.