Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!
  • Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

While recent rumors have claimed that Apple has ditched plans to release the so-called "iPhone 6c" until at least the second quarter of 2016, noted mobile phone leaker Evan Blass believes that the 4-inch budget smartphone could still be released alongside the "iPhone 6s" and "iPhone 6s Plus" later this year.

iphone_6s6c2-800x450.jpg

Blass, who has accurately leaked several images and details about unreleased smartphones on Twitter (@evleaks) in the past, recently tweeted that it "sounds like iPhone 6s, 6s Plus, and 6c will all arrive concurrently," suggesting that Apple could release three new smartphones at its annual iPhone event in September.

Sounds like iPhone 6s, 6s Plus, and 6c will all arrive concurrently. - Evan Blass (@evleaks) August 11, 2015
Blass is better known for leaking Android-based smartphones from handset makers such as Samsung, HTC, Motorola and Huawei, and Apple's release date plans for the so-called "iPhone 6c" appear to be in flux, so his latest prediction should be treated with a proverbial grain of salt and have been shared for discussion purposes only.

@WhatTheBit Ha, I wouldn't say never. Plans really do change, and I don't always hear about it. - Evan Blass (@evleaks) August 11, 2015
"iPhone 6c" release date rumors have widely varied, ranging from the "second half of 2015" to "2016" and "Q2 2016." The much-rumored smartphone is expected to be a long-awaited successor to the plastic "iPhone 5c" budget handset that Apple released in 2013, and could feature new 14/16nm FinFET chips from TSMC and Samsung for improved performance and lower power consumption.

Article Link: Noted Mobile Phone Leaker Believes 'iPhone 6c' Could Still Launch Alongside 'iPhone 6s' and '6s Plus'

Reactions: one more

Keane16

macrumors 6502a
Dec 8, 2007
We switched from the 4 to the 5c at my work. It's a nice handset. Lots of people seem to want something in this form factor too.

And it would make sense time wise for it to come in 2015. 2 years after the last c model, and alongside the 6s and 6s Plus which bring nothing major new visually.

- Odd number years new c models.
- Even number years new flagship iPhone designs (non S)

The lack of solid leaks might be a negative against it happening though.

Reactions: dampfnudel
Comment

a0me

macrumors 65816
Oct 5, 2006
Tokyo, Japan
OH PLEASE! (and please let it actually just be a 6S in 4 inches)
I'd buy a couple of them in a heartbeat, although I'm pretty sure that Apple won't do it.
They'd rather sell you oversized phones with updated internals for a few hundreds more, just like what they do by not offering a 32GB model as a middle ground between the 16GB and 64GB models.

Comment

ipadpro

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2015
6c-6s-6s plus

three iphone same time ,

i remember iphone is only 1
today iphone 3 or 4 kind at same time

laugh -:D

Comment

oldmacs

macrumors 601
Sep 14, 2010
Australia
Why would they release a 5S with "new internals"? That would no longer be a 5S then.

Because the 6 design in 4 inches might not be able to accommodate a battery big enough. A 5S with new internals would add a 4 inch phone to the lineup.

Comment

Menel

macrumors 603
Aug 4, 2011
A narrow 4" handset with TouchID and ApplePay. I know my wife would be in. 'Pretty' vibrant colors of the 5C, and she would be tempted to upgrade this year.
The CPU doesn't even matter. The I think A6 in hers, doesn't struggle even a bit.

Reactions: Benjamin Frost
Comment

iZac

macrumors 68020
Apr 28, 2003
Shanghai
I know I'm clutching at straws, but arguing against the fact we have no leaks for the 6C parts, it could just be launching later than the 6S. We also have no leaked parts for the Apple TV, or iPad Pro. (remains to be seen if we'll see them next month) We only had one leaked screen for the Retina Macbook. Perhaps simply if people aren't looking for it, they're not going to find it.

Reactions: mel823 and sananda
Comment

Ventilatedbrain

macrumors regular
Nov 22, 2012
No way that'll hhappen. If anything, the low end market is even more competitive in screen size. The bigger the better in the lower price bracket

Comment

Suspended
Mar 23, 2006
England
They launched the 5c alongside the 5s in Sept 2013 so it seems logical they would repeat this pattern and launch the 6c alongside the 6s. Presumably it will have the internal spec of the 5s or 6 with a single 16GB option in a range of colours. I think they'll keep the 4" screen to maximise production economies of scale alongside the new iPod touch.

Comment

Suspended
Dec 6, 2012
Now that I have the 6, I don't think I will go back to the smaller form factor. Still having a smaller form factor is needed. Hopefully Tom and Jony will get this done.

4" 6c
5" 6s
6" 6splus
8" ipad mini
10" ipad
12" Macbook
13" Mac Air
15" Macbook Pro
17" No longer available
21" iMac
27" iMac

Comment

darcyf

macrumors 6502a
Apr 25, 2011
Toronto, ON
If the plan was ever to launch the 6c at some point in time after the 6s... then what would happen to the 6? They keep selling it alongside the 6s and then suddenly do a switcharoo when the 6c is ready? Maybe. Seems off, though.

I figure they either have to replace the 6 with the 6c at the same time the 6s hits stores, or they don't do it at all.

I can't see them selling the virtually identical-looking 6 alongside the 6s, though. I know they've done it in the past with previous #/s years, but my gut tells me they don't want to go back to doing it that way.

Comment

jayducharme

macrumors 68040
Jun 22, 2006
The thick of it
It's time to upgrade my wife's old iPhone 5, but she doesn't like the larger form factor of the 6. She'd get a 4" 6c in a heartbeat. I hope the rumor is true. And I hope the 6c comes with a decent amount of storage.

Reactions: Douglas B
Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.