Nothing beats a naked iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Brinkman, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Brinkman macrumors 6502

Brinkman

Was using the incase snap case for about two months. I think it's the best case on the market, but wow, using it without is 100 times better.

Gave the case to a friend. Slim phone for the win. :p

Do you use a case?

2. JD914 macrumors 6502a

JD914

Pretty foolish of you, make sure you don't ever drop it.:rolleyes:

3. Maverick1337 macrumors 65816

Maverick1337

Yes I do use a case because I hold my phone "wrong" :p. Actually no, I use a case because I've dropped my 3G a few times and the case protected it from ever getting a scratch. I now have one on my iPhone 4 and I couldn't feel more secured than I do now.

4. bmms8 macrumors 68020

i have never used a case.. i just use a sena ultra slim pouch when in my pocket. other than that naked all the time

5. Jare macrumors 65816

Jare

+1 I do the EXACT same thing.

6. youngplaya0228 macrumors regular

I also recently took off my case and went naked. Bought squaretrade in case i ever drop it, and a full body screen protector to keep the thing from being a fingerprint magnet. Won't be going back to a case anytime soon (unless it's the Apple bumper).

7. exemos macrumors member

I don't know what the complaint is all about. Have had the iPhone 4 naked since release and I don't have a single scratch anywhere. I examine it closely and not even a mark. Just go wild and go naked, trust me, you'll like it.

8. SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

I have a full body invisible shield, no worries about scratches. But the other day it slipped out of my pocket as I was exiting the car, tumbled onto the concrete, and I realized the invisi shield's limitations. Upper left corner now has a nice ding in it. My soft case went right back on. It covers the ding, the ding that wouldn't have been there if I'd been using the case in the first place.

My case is the Griffen one that looks like it has a carbon fibre back, the one that came free with the IP4 case program. I actually think I prefer the all black look the more I look at it.

9. maverick86 macrumors 6502a

I have a screen protector on the front, cf back, and spectra wraps on the band but I don't use a case. When the phone is in my pocket it's in a fortte pouch but otherwise I've moved away from the whole case thing

10. Motionblurrr macrumors 6502

Naked rules

No screen protectors too, the glass feels like absolute butter on your fingers. I don't care how expensive the screen protector is--it'll never have that exact smoothness.

No case and no screen shields is the way to go. :D

11. JLemm macrumors regular

I've never dropped my iphone 3G or 3Gs, never used a case... dropped my iphone 4 the first day I had it... haha FAIL! been using my Incase Slider ever since!

12. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

I couldn't agree more. I did the snap case for a while since it was free from Apple. I had never used a case on any of my previous iPhones and never had any problems except for a few tiny scratches. Well this weekend I had enough I couldnt take it any more so I went over to J&R and picked up a power support front and back film pack..... and now my phone is case-less and it feels wonderful!!!

13. JD914 macrumors 6502a

JD914

I predict some people on this thread, in the near future will be coming here crying that they have shattered backs. :rolleyes:

14. Jamesdevil macrumors newbie

For me the phone feels too diminutive without a case on and I'm so used to having a case since iPhone 3G that I can't go without now.

15. rotlex macrumors 6502a

Hate cases, screen protectors, anything that makes the phone bigger, or changes the way it looks. Never used one, well, OK, on my 3G I had an in case slider. The only scratches I ever had on the phone? FROM THE CASE!

Haven't used one since, and never have an issue.

16. iAmYou macrumors 6502

iAmYou

And $29 bucks brings it back.

17. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

I used a screen protector only on my 1G iPhone. After that, I have not used a case/screen protector at all. Knock on wood, I am extremely careful with my phone. And like others have mentioned, I really don't like any that makes the phone bigger than it already is.

18. aleni macrumors 68020

bought a leather pouch from zzcase, didn't use it after a week, bought lucky lab's carbon fibre and wood texture skins, peeled it off after 5 days, bought PS crystal screen and back protectors, took it off after a week.

i agree with u, nothing is better than the real glass feel!

19. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Considering in the 3 iPhones I've owed with the numerous drops and no shattered or broken...anything, I'm pretty dubious of your prediction.

20. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

I've tried rockin my i4 naked a few times, but the phone sometimes just doesn't feel right. I'm rockin a Bumper now with a PS anti-glare screen protector.

21. Roofy. macrumors 6502a

oh yea so foolish :rolleyes:

Cases damage your phone more then without them.

22. JasonR macrumors 6502a

JasonR

Without the bumper I drop calls like crazy and get horrible service. True story.

23. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

I used to use a bumper but I got tired of it. I never dropped it with the bumper anyway. I love the naked feel.

i do put it in this when not in use.

[​IMG]

24. nfl46 macrumors 603

I experience the signal when my case is off. Also, i only take my case off when I'm home neat carpet.

25. nfl46 macrumors 603

This. And I'm not trying to be funny.