Nothing left for another iPhone!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by emir, Jun 9, 2010.

1. emir macrumors 6502a

emir

Seriously there's no upgrading left for iPhone 5, major updates i mean. What i mean is ever since the first iPhone in 2007 we could guess what can be next and we mentioned what we wanted the most. For example at first it was cut copy paste and app store and a better camera, or a 3G. At 2008 they came true. Then we wanted it to be faster, that came true too with 3GS. A couple weeks ago we wanted a better design, better resolution and HD camera, those came true too, but i can't think of any updates for iPhone 5.(iPhone model for 2011 i mean) Can you?

By the way, i think WWDC 2011 will be on regular time of the year, January 201, if so i don't think we will see another iPhone there. It can be all about macs at last. Do you think there's a chance they will skip 2011 and make another iphone at june 2012?

2. prvt.donut macrumors 6502a

prvt.donut

GO!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol.

Really, so we have reached the pinnacle of technology!

How about wireless syncing, wireless charging, wireless TV connection, Wireless eye piece connectivity, 3D display, neural interface:D:D:D

3. iMJustAGuy macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

@emir
    I think we will see "quiet" updates to 64GB and maybe a higher res cam... that's about it... just my $.02.

4. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

There will always be areas to improve:

- Better Camera
    - Better Battery Life
    - Faster Hardware as OS becomes more demanding and changes
    - Wireless syncing (already done with JB app)
    - More Storage (64Gb)
    - Lock screen position button

Those are just a few ...

5. kaputsport macrumors member

There are numerous things they can upgrade.

-Full 1080i HD video
    -iWork implimentation with editing capabilites
    -Video Output for cars/home
    -Larger screen (4.3")
    -Stereo sound speakers
    -Full Bluetooth accessability (GPS extenders, etc)
    -Using other networks (Verizon only redesign)
    -Monitor output for computer use/interface keyboard, etc
    -Lightsaber output
    -Home Automation (not just lights)
    -Vehicle syncing and GPS tracking

And these are off the top of my head... most of them.

:apple:

6. melman101 macrumors 68030

How about a 4G network from 3G :)?

Or how about a better upload speed over 3G currently? :)

7. iMJustAGuy macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

@Dwalls90
    All of these with the exception of the Cam and storage (yes, even battery [although would not be a significant change]) can be done via software update. :)

8. Halamolo macrumors regular

4G doh!

And with that we could actually have some real use for FaceTime.

9. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

People say that with nearly every revision.

Yeah some of the low hanging fruit type things have been added, but as technology changes, so to will the iPhone. Better screen, better processor, better battery.

10. emir thread starter macrumors 6502a

emir

not gonna happen till 2015.

11. RonHC macrumors 6502a

RonHC

12. Pez555 macrumors 68000

Pez555

oh ye of small mindedness.

trust me, there is still a lot to be improved. 1080p video recording, better camera for example...

im glad engineers dont have the same mentality as yourself!

13. Rhalliwell1 macrumors 6502a

Developer conference is always in June. They won't skip it. There is so much more than SJs Keynote.

14. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

- Better Camera (No, hasn't been done before, you can't double MP with a software update)
    - Better Battery Life (Maybe this could be improved 5-10% MAX, but I'm talking 1.5-2 improvement which again, requires hardware changes)
    - Faster Hardware as OS becomes more demanding and changes (Not sure how hardware could be physically changed by software)
    - Wireless syncing (already done with JB app) (True, as I stated, but Apple needs to natively support it)
    - More Storage (64Gb) (We agree on this one)
    - Lock screen position button (Doubtful - which button would be used? I would prefer to retain my silent/loud button)

15. fishmoose macrumors 68000

In 2 months Steve Jobs will hate the iPhone 4, that's how he is. And with that he will come up with ways to make a better iPhone.

16. Speedracer04 macrumors 6502a

Speedracer04

zzzz...yep technology has definitely hit the top, no more coming in that department. Everyone better stop looking into new stuff because its just wasting money now...WE HAVE EVERYTHING

17. iMJustAGuy macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

C'mon man, don't be a jerk.

18. Speedracer04 macrumors 6502a

Speedracer04

Its a joke...forgot the smilie...just kidding and poking a little fun at the ridiculousness of the comment ;)

19. iMJustAGuy macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

Sure it can (virtually)... Just like Snow Leopard... if it has "a lighter footprint". Less stress on resources thus faster/better performance.

20. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

I was still hoping for a world iPhone, unlocked, and with all the radios - CDMA and GSM - but, we should be seeing the last of CDMA by now, and everything should hopefully go LTE.

Regardless, we willl see an incremental update in 2011. An iPhone 4V, or whatever. But, it will be like the 3G to the 3GS. We'll see a faster chip. Apple A5 CPU, perhaps.

I thought we would have seen the end of the 30-pin dock connector and replaced by the micro-USB, but Apple sort of squashed that.

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/25149/next-iphone-charges-via-micro-usb

21. g8orballboy macrumors regular

-Solor powered (at least to a degree to aid battery life)
    -multi gesture controls along back and/or bezel
    -retina scan or fingerprint scan for secuirty
    -tactile screen (far way off but the technology has proven to be somewhat viable)
    -built in projector (come on... you know you want it)
    -and of course... faster processor, more ram, better camera, higher storage capacity, more battery and all the other basic hardware bumps you get every year

No, all but the last one is a ways off, so i really don't see next year's model being a HUGE jump... more like the jump from 3G to 3GS. Which kinda stinks because i'm not going to be able to afford this years model because i bought the 3GS as my first iphone and i'm not up for subsidized pricing yet. So i don't expect much of a bump next year, but to say we've hit the end of the road is rediculous... and apple ALWAYS finds improvements that none of us would have thought of and soon after can't live without. The Gyroscope this year for example.... I would have NEVER EVER thought of that, but its a really cool and intuitive progression to the accellerameter and compass thats already in there.

just my $0.02

22. Mr. Chewbacca macrumors 6502a

Mr. Chewbacca

Read my signature line. That is a real quote from someone that should have known better.

23. phobic99 macrumors 6502a

phobic99

I'd start with some sort of external LED notification system. Nothing obtrusive... perhaps a soft pulsating glow that changes colors based on notification type.

Yes, of course you'd be able to disable this if you wished.

24. LoganT macrumors 68020

I'm going to guess that iPhone 5 is not going to be as big as an upgrade as this was. It's really amazing that we already have the fourth generation iPhone, time flies so fast.

25. jobsfnby macrumors regular

The lock screen lock button will be implemented in iOS 4. You access it hem you double click the home button