Notifiedpro

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by bmms8, Aug 4, 2010.

1. bmms8 macrumors 68020

I know a lot of people were interested in this app. It came out a few hours for $2.99. Just wanted to see if anyone purchased this and what they think of it. It's an android style notification system. Tia.

2. Vinnie Madrox macrumors 6502

Vinnie Madrox

"Notifications the way Apple should have made them. This is the Pro version of Notified. The main feature is that it can be activated anywhere with the help of Activator. To enable this, you should first open the settings app, select Activator menu, and choose a gesture to activate Notified"

i can do this with the free version......why would i pay for it?

3. tylertech macrumors regular

I love this app so much! It works with Activator, so I can like set it so that when I swipe down from the status bar, the notification screen comes down like a shade just like android. Although at the moment all the other notification still popup in a popup window as well as notified pro so i'm not sure how to turn it off yet.

I've never tried the free version though I just assumed it was better lol

4. Vinnie Madrox macrumors 6502

Vinnie Madrox

well in the free version, it opens an app......i'm guessing the paid version actually slides down actually like android, where the app you are in stay running? i'd really like someone to clear this up for me....

5. tylertech macrumors regular

Then yes, the pro version actually slides over the app you're currently using, so you don't have to close anything, and it will open everywhere (even the lockscreen).

6. bmms8 thread starter macrumors 68020

Do you think it's worth it? Any problems do you see with it?

7. adrianwd macrumors member

Well I just got it. As of right now, it appears it does not include emails in the notifications.

8. tylertech macrumors regular

It seems like it's worth it to me, especially if you have a lot of push notifications, but like I said I can't figure out how to turn off normal notifications.

Wow didn't even notice that. It's probably cause mail notifications don't produce popups.

9. moussekateer macrumors 6502a

moussekateer

I've bought the Pro version too. This has the potential to be much better than GriP. At the moment though it is VERY buggy, but the developer is pushing out an update soon. With the upcoming plug in system giving you android/web OS style notifications this will be a fantastic program.

10. adrianwd macrumors member

I hope they add the little status bar notification just like android does. Also i've noticed that cydia is constantly telling me there is an update to the app despite it being the same version

11. moussekateer macrumors 6502a

moussekateer

Yep the developer said that will be in the next update. Also the update issue is with the modmyi repo, they've packaged it wrong.

12. adrianwd macrumors member

Yes!! I can't wait for that update. And that makes sense. Guess i'll stop updating it just to hope it'll go away lol

13. Natesac macrumors 6502a

Natesac

Glad I found this thread, really like the idea of this app but I am not about to pay for the pro version until it works as intended.

I have the free version but it seems buggy. It crashes frequently and ever time I get a new text or push notification the number badge on the app will reflect every notification or text I have received since the last time I cleared the notified app.

Until there is a cheaper iPad tethering solution (mywi $20 WTF??) notified is really the only reason for me to jailbreak at the moment.

14. Dammit Cubs macrumors 68000

Dammit Cubs

can someone post pics? I would to see the slide down and a notification.

15. Ol!ver macrumors 6502a

Anyone noticed a battery hit with this?

My battery used 36% of its battery overnight (about 8 hours) - usually it's just a few percent.

16. nrvna76 macrumors 6502

I have the free app, doesn't seem to log email or bitesms notifications...

17. moussekateer macrumors 6502a

moussekateer

Bare with it, it has a lot of bugs at the moment which the developer has resolved in an upcoming update in the next day or two

18. nrvna76 macrumors 6502

Yea, was more posting to make sure it wasn't just me with the bite notifications.. I really like the idea and want to buy the pro version, just want to make sure its better than the lockinfo infoshade, which I think it will be eventually.

19. headcheese macrumors regular

Does it look pixelated?

Or does it work with the retina display? I've made it my mission to update everything that hadn't been for the ip4 display so if this doesn't out of the box I'll pass :)

20. moussekateer macrumors 6502a

moussekateer

Not yet. Next update it seems like

21. headcheese macrumors regular

That's a shame. If they had it support the retina on the 1st release I (and many I would think) would be in.

I guess I'll keep an eye on it :)

22. moussekateer macrumors 6502a

moussekateer

Considering the next update is today or tomorrow I don't think it's that big a deal. The developer seems very responsive on twitter and he's pushing out new features and bug fixes very quickly.

23. gigapocket1 macrumors 6502a

After playing around the app.. It will log bitesms messages if you disable quick reply

24. nrvna76 macrumors 6502

Thanks for the info, but quick reply is probably the #1 reason I bought bite..

25. philstone macrumors 6502

Doesn't seem to work for me - when I activate it it just sits there spinning a cirlce at the top with no info...

Attached Files: