Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
Anybody using it also have experience with lockinfo I was interested in this but lockinfo seems to everything Notified is trying to do..

Deep_Thought

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2008
I'm running both at the moment, not sure how useful its going to be though - I think LockInfo makes it slightly redundant..

nrvna76

macrumors 65816
Aug 4, 2010
Their twitter says that the blank screen is a 'rare case that they are seeing' that it fixes itself..?

moussekateer

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2009
Doesn't seem to work for me - when I activate it it just sits there spinning a cirlce at the top with no info...

I have the same. I think it happens when it has no logged notifications. The developer is aware of the bug and it's fixed in the next update.

I prefer this over Lockinfo because it has a much better looking UI. Also it has a plugin system and this one has just been submitted. I used to use GriP so this is very welcome

headcheese

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2008
That's what it is, no notifications. I set up a calendar event to go off and when it did it stopped the white screen and showed the notification. Once I had looked at it however it went back to the white screen/spinning wheel.

I'd really like a tab to be there that you pull down, ala Android :) That would be sweet! And it could be "clear" so that you could still see the time in the status bar.

moussekateer

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2009
That's what it is, no notifications. I set up a calendar event to go off and when it did it stopped the white screen and showed the notification. Once I had looked at it however it went back to the white screen/spinning wheel.

I'd really like a tab to be there that you pull down, ala Android :) That would be sweet! And it could be "clear" so that you could still see the time in the status bar.

But....you've just described Notified Pro :confused:

adrianwd

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2010

But....you've just described Notified Pro :confused:

I think he means on android the pull down shade is sensitive and follows your finger drag while on this one it just comes down once you activate the gesture. I would also like this as well

moussekateer

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2009
I think he means on android the pull down shade is sensitive and follows your finger drag while on this one it just comes down once you activate the gesture. I would also like this as well

Ah. That would be cool. Activator recognizes you'e swiping your finger down from the status bar very quickly (a couple of pixels down) so it's very possible

adrianwd

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2010
I've also noticed that every time i have one notification, when i try to delete it through the pull down it won't delete. It just stays there so I have to launch the app to get rid of it. Anyone else having this problem?

mokeiko

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2007
Ah. That would be cool. Activator recognizes you'e swiping your finger down from the status bar very quickly (a couple of pixels down) so it's very possible

qTweeter does this exactly so I'm sure the developer could impliment this.

mokeiko

adrianwd

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2010
I come home from work to read that 2 updates have been pushed out while there. That's just great to hear.

nrvna76

macrumors 65816
Aug 4, 2010
Anybody using the plugin? Curious if there is something I need to setup..

insidmal

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2010
Eugene
Thanks for the info, but quick reply is probably the #1 reason I bought bite..

there's actually a bit about it that bugs out my phone but like you are saying.. quick reply is soooo worth it... and if i didn't have unlimited txts, i'm sure being able to set a limit to how many i am allowed and having it send the rest over 3g/wifi would be about as good of a deal as tethering through MyWi and PDAnet is... (PDAnet user here, but I'll support both :D )

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.