Now i'm starting to get nervous

yegon

macrumors 68030
Oct 20, 2007
I’ll try to get one within seconds of availability like everyone here, but coming from a Plus phone I’ve misgivings about the downsize in screen so it isn’t a no brainer upgrade as I’d like.

One certainty is that if it gets to February or something silly and I still haven’t took delivery, I’ll cancel and wait for the X Plus.

Last edited:

Aibocyrus

macrumors 6502a
May 26, 2015
Yeah my account to suddenly is not letting my mainline do the upgrade. I am now forced to upgrade a different line on my account. Talked to Verizon reps several times and there is no solution. They’re telling me I need to call in. If I call in that will cost me my pre order.

iPhone82

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2015
I hear If you miss this preorder you won’t be able to get one till March sometime. That’s scary

AlphaGuitarist

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2014
One certainty is that if it gets to February or somethings silly and I still haven’t took delivery, I’ll cancel and wait for the X Plus.
I'm not even waiting that long. I was initially willing to wait as long as late January, but I'll probably cancel if my preorder gets pushed into 2018.

Reactions: yegon

blairian89

macrumors 6502
Dec 5, 2016
Texas
Nervous? This is not something to get nervous about.

I am with others on this page. If I place my pre-order (and I will be placing it soon after they go live), and I cannot get it until 2018, I will be waiting until the next upgrade cycle.

haqsha23

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2017
Mississauga
I'm not nervous or worried at all, whatever happens will happen. It is just a phone, and everyone who orders will eventually get one.
[doublepost=1509048536][/doublepost]
Resell will be around $2000.
I've seen pre-order listings on ebay and they are all over the place. Some listings are for only a few hundred over retail, others are a few thousand over retail lol. I definitely think the 100% premium will be paid by some, but finding those people may be difficult.

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
This is like any other iPhone launch where you place your pre-order quickly as you can, have all your account information up-to-date and hope for the best shipping time. That's it.

LD Curb

macrumors 6502
Apr 19, 2015
USA
I’ll try to get one within seconds of availability like everyone here, but coming from a Plus phone I’ve misgivings about the downsize in screen so it isn’t a no brainer upgrade as I’d like.

One certainty is that if it gets to February or somethings silly and I still haven’t took delivery, I’ll cancel and wait for the X Plus.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding your misgivings but the 7 plus screen is 5.5" and the X's screen is 5.8". Not sure what you mean about "downsize in screen".

Reactions: redfirebird08

dumastudetto

macrumors 68040
Aug 28, 2013
Now I'm starting to get nervous. Less then 12 hours to go until pre-order time. I will not be able to sleep tonight. How is everybody else holding up?
I am terrified of something going wrong while I'm placing my order.

My wireless can sometimes drop out, and my mobile router takes at least 30 seconds to establish a connection. These precious seconds could be devastating to my hopes of securing an iPhone X.

I'm praying everything will work OK out though.

The bigger issue is who gets to see the store re-opened first. Some servers come back minutes before others, and there's nothing any of us can do it about which server we are connected to. If we get stuck on a slow to update server, the stock will be all gone!!!!!!

vtboyarc

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2011
Omaha
I am nervous. I sit here at work, staring at my monitor. But my mind is not on work. The cursor blinks, back and forth, back and forth.
I take a sip of tea. Earl Grey, hot. One cube of sugar. Usually I can taste it, and it is something I enjoy.
But not today. Today, nothing matters. All the simple pleasantries are meaningless. Nothing matters but knowing what awaits me tonight. Pre-ordering the new iPhone.

My hands get sweaty as I type that, and I feel a shiver run down my spine. New iPhone. iPhone X. It is waiting for me. Tonight, the new lovely piece of Apple hardware shall be mine, secured for the journey to my front door. But for now, I must sit here and try to work. I continue the staring contest with my cursor. It blinks at me again. And again. And again.

I take another sip of the Earl Grey tea. Hot. One cube of sugar.

jbeckwith17

macrumors member
Sep 6, 2015
I’m so nervous lol. My WiFi at home can be hit or miss on my MacBook. During my test runs, I got through the Verizon website faster than I did on the app. I’ll try to do both at the same time and just use LTE on the app.
[doublepost=1509050599][/doublepost]
My thoughts are with you and your family at this difficult time.
lmfaooooooo