Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JakeDog

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2014
Maybe you get a business discount. I just checked for a $949.00 phone (wouldn't let me select $1149.00. Premium is $162.00. Am I doing it correctly?

Checked again...This time On a $1100.00 prem is $178.00????

After you select the $ coverage (you selected $949), in the black box right below that it will show another drop down for "Select Deductible" (it auto-selects $50), then right below that a select bar will come up for "Select Policy Term" (I selected 1 year). After you choose one then another select bar will show below that for "Payment Terms" (I selected "Full"). Use those drop downs to customize how much/when you want to pay.

When I select $949 / $50 deductible / 1 year term / payment in Full, it says "Your Quote: $81.00"

Reactions: HuskerHarley

bsmsam

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2008
I wish I could use a phone without a case, especially this one. I'm so excited for the silver to look as white as I'm hoping it does. I was bummed when the 4 wasn't ready to ship in white at launch. I bought fake white backs off eBay and had a weird Oreo phone, haha. Since I'm hoping this is the phone 2010 me has been waiting for, I am bummed to put a case on it, but I definitely will be.

Ortiz7983

Suspended
Aug 6, 2012
The Apple phone cases and Caudabe https://www.caudabe.com cases are the only cases I have used in the pass. I don’t like thick cases or cheap looking ones. I stick with these only.

This time, I’m really thinking of going naked. I love the beauty of the phone.

With that said, I remember when I got my iPhone 6s Plus. That first day I took it to work and i dropped it that same day and it cracked. I went to the Apple Store and the kid says, “you know what, brand new phone and you were lucky to get it on the release date. He changed it out for a new one. I was like wtf! But I didn’t say a damn thing. Free of charge. I sure hope that kid didn’t get fired man.

Ortiz7983

Suspended
Aug 6, 2012
SquareTrade (they partner with Allstate) seems to be cheaper than AppleCare+, I may go with them. I checked out the other option that was mentioned, Progressive partners with them. Is anyone else looking at carrier of 3rd party insurance options?

Definitely squaretrade. I have 2 iPhone Xs. $199 each for Apple care. Squaretrade, $119 for each for 2 years. If I make it 3 years, it just $30 more per phone. So $298 for both phones and for 3 years and the warranty transfers over to any new phones. Which I purchase the new iPhone every year. 4 claims for each phone. And I’ve used them before a long time ago with 2 claims. They reimbursed me quickly. Gotta love them. But this was before All state bought them. But I’m sure they are more reliable now with All State owning it now.

JakeDog

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2014
My needs are different for iPhone case/protection. I travel weekly for work (lots of air miles) and I have my phone in a folio case that holds my drivers license, a credit card and a wider slot that can hold a few receipts. It lives in my pocket and makes my travel super easy with my ID, boarding pass, Apple Pay and business receipts all in one place. Not a lot of choices available yet that appeal to me, so I picked up a "Platinum" brand in charcoal gray from BestBuy today to use until there is a wider selection to choose from.

I have always used a screen protector for those rare times when the phone hits the floor. I've had cracks in the glass protector but never on the phone face. Probably will get Bodyguardz Pure 2 for the X, it's been great on my 7 Plus.

Last edited:

danilko1

macrumors 65816
Jun 21, 2010
I have dropped my phone but I have been very lucky I guess since the 3G iPhone

I broke my 6 Plus screen within the first week, within a couple of days of getting it. It was upsetting, with a case on. Fell flat on the screen, in the parking lot. I was holding it, and bumped my thigh, getting out of the car.

That's why I go with a screen cover.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I really really hate screen protectors. I hate seeing the outline of it. I really ****ing hate it.

It just takes away from that uniformity look of the whole display when you see a screen protector. I also don't care for them.

I’mpaced

Suspended
Sep 26, 2017
It just takes away from that uniformity look of the whole display when you see a screen protector. I also don't care for them.

You can honestly see a clear glass screen protector? It takes away the “uniformity”

Sometimes I can barely see the protector on my phone much less other peoples

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
You can honestly see a clear glass screen protector? It takes away the “uniformity”

Perception is different for everyone. And Yes, I can physically see a clear glass screen protector attached. Not sure why you're questioning me on something I can easily differentiate. It takes away from uniformity, because there's an outline that surrounds the protector and the display. Not to mention, it changes the tactile feel when you touch the display, which I don't prefer.

Reactions: tsturbo

jerparker1

macrumors regular
Sep 30, 2014
Southeast, Iowa
Me - slimmest case I can find, no screen protector

Wife - Otterbox, tempered screen protector, float, triple walled safe, armed guard (yes, each item is directly related to a past incident)

This is so true! My wife said, "Do I really have to use this ridiculous case (Otterbox Defender)?" Yes you do. She's ruined at least 3 phones by either dropping them or getting them wet in either the sink or toilet.

I’mpaced

Suspended
Sep 26, 2017
Perception is different for everyone. And Yes, I can physically see a clear glass screen protector attached. Not sure why you're questioning me on something I can easily differentiate. It takes away from uniformity, because there's an outline that surrounds the protector and the display. Not to mention, it changes the tactile feel when you touch the display, which I don't prefer.

Oh not trying to be rude. Maybe I just have crappy eyes. Lol.

I’d love to non case non protector and though I’ve never broken a phone I’d hate to start with this one

jimbo1mcm

macrumors 68000
Mar 21, 2010
Got the thinnest case I could find that is leatherlike because of the weight of the X and because Gorilla Glass 5 scratches so easily. Also got my first ever screen protectors. I will also transfer my applecare from my Ip7. This is an expensive dude to fix when it breaks.

greentoo

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2017
I have ordered the Spigen Crystal Clear ultra hybrid case for my silver iPhone X as well as 2 Spigen glass screen protectors for it from Amazon. Overall it cost £15. I nearly went with the white silicon case from Apple but decided I wanted to be able to see the back.

M33-1

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2010
I've use/d a case (Apple leather) on the 6+ and my current 7+. Rocked s bumper on the 4 and all out naked on the 5.

For the X, since I can hold it comfortably in one hand, I will go all out naked again. You have to enjoy the good things in life, like the aesthetics of the new iPhone X.

I've purchased the Apple case. Due to the new swipe motions at the bottom of the screen, you really need an open bottom case for maximum comfort when using the new UI. The other full bottom protection cases will work, but not as comfortably as you swipe up from the bottom and swipe horizontally at the bottom when using the task manager feature.

This is just my opinion.

citivolus

macrumors 65816
Sep 19, 2008
Mpalmieri1203 said:
I have actually had a horrific experience with this company and would advise people to stay FAR AWAY from them. I have used both square trade and AppleCare and have found those services to be much much more worthwhile.
Can you give some more details of your negative experience with Worth Ave Group?

WhiteHawk

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2008
View attachment 729008 I've ordered this Totallee case from Amazon in Jet Black. It's so thin it makes the iPhone X blush.

Blush from embarrassment by the sounds of it, reviews are negative apart from one non verified purchaser saying obviously complete bull. It’s plastic bag thin and same quality, it’s also over priced, more expensive then the Spigen Air Skin which I’m sure will be way better.

tomowl

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2015
I like to think I'm gonna rock it naked, but I know I'll end up getting a case at some point.

cwilliams706

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2017
Columbus, GA
After you select the $ coverage (you selected $949), in the black box right below that it will show another drop down for "Select Deductible" (it auto-selects $50), then right below that a select bar will come up for "Select Policy Term" (I selected 1 year). After you choose one then another select bar will show below that for "Payment Terms" (I selected "Full"). Use those drop downs to customize how much/when you want to pay.

When I select $949 / $50 deductible / 1 year term / payment in Full, it says "Your Quote: $81.00"

Thank you for sharing the information, that’s who we’ll be going with.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.