Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RyCan3

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2010
Hopefully the X isn’t as slippery as the 7+. I have the thin Peel case for the 7+ because of how slippery it was. I prefer to go naked though.

cyb3rdud3

macrumors 68040
Jun 22, 2014
UK
Well...with the millions of people that chose to put something on their phones...It must be a mass epidemic...
Agreed, madness isn’t it?

You’re in a thread criticizing those that choose to put something on their phones because YOU choose not to...because it’s not to YOUR taste...
I’m in a thread on a discussion forum discussing ‘stuff’, amazing concept isn’t it...Didn’t realise the rule state you can only state what you do and please do not discuss anything...

Reactions: tsturbo

Type4O

macrumors 6502
Aug 23, 2011
Toronto, Canada
I only have a screen protector on my 6, but am concerned about the X breaking too easily, so am getting a case as well as screen protector.

I am getting AppleCare with my phone, but still, $15 for a case is nothing after spending $1529 on the phone.

Reactions: tkukoc

iMi

Suspended
Sep 13, 2014
Completely agree. Not a huge fan of cases at all.

I agree with both of you. I would love to go naked with the 8 Plus, but prior experience has thought me that, while enjoyable, this experience can be short lived.

Watching a test drop video shattered any hopes of going naked this time again. Even if I got AppleCare, I could not afford the risk of being without a functioning phone, especially when traveling.

If I were getting the X, it would be with Apple silicone case.

Reactions: WhiteHawk

Jimpilot

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2014
No
I’m waiting for Story to come out with their cases and belt hook holsters. For now they are only offering custom made at double the price I guess to capture some extra $$$. I ordered a holder off Amazon until they come out with them. Kind of pissed at their tactics though

jsmitty

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2016
NC
I go naked 99% of the time with my 7+ matte and have a leather Apple case for instances when I feel I need it (like through airports or yard work). I'll do the same for the X.

I gave up on cheap clear cases by the reputable 3rd party brands because they scuffed my 7+ and my 6S before that.

Tulipo

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2011
K11 bumper for me. No matter what I always end up dropping my phone at some point in my ownership. Cracked too many screens.

Attachments

• 17A1590A-719D-48E1-97F3-DA5E36E96816.png
    17A1590A-719D-48E1-97F3-DA5E36E96816.png
    793.7 KB · Views: 258

Crayon7

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2017
UK
Not sure yet but probably silicone case, don’t like plastic or leather ones.
Not sure if silicone case will protect it enough though

daydayvol

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2012
Going with the clear otter box symmetry. I have a son under 2. He is really good about not throwing the phones but with a glass back I will not be taking the chance.

HuskerHarley

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2017
Lincoln
Caudabe is polycarbonate all over. Spigen liquid crystal and ringke air are fully TPU - soft all over. Spigen ultra hybrid and ringke fusion are a mix - polycarbonate back and TPU around the edge.

TPU no idea but it’s that kind of slightly squishy rubbery material. Kind of a bit like silicon.

The reason I asked you is that my 6+ is so slippery and want a clear case that is thin but grippy to the hand. I like the look of the ones you posted in yer pictures...

Wish more would post pics because a pic is worth $999.00 0r $1149.00!

I emailed Caudabe the following question:

"Is the Lucid Clear-iPhone case slick on the sides or is it grippy/tacky to avoid slipping out of one's hand?"

Caudabe Response:

Thanks for the email! It does have some grip/tack to it due to the coating, but it also really depends on your hands. If you have dry hands and live in a dry climate, it may be relatively less grippy. Moist hands in a humid climate - no issues whatsoever.

Caudabe Support

Bones13

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2008
Zagg tempered glass screen protector on order.
I ordered a simple clear case for starting out. I ordered a Vaja case, which won't ship until later this year. I usually get Vaja cases, my iPhone 6 has been in the same one for nearly 3 years.

Silver iPhone X with Vaja Black Wallet Case with Silver trim.

My phone rides in my front pocket the majority of the time. Without a case, it slips out too easily. I carry a door entry card in the case slot for one of my work locations. The other location door opener is in my wallet.

Ryan1524

macrumors 68020
Apr 9, 2003
Canada GTA
I used to subscribe to the naked is best school. Why protect a device so the 2nd owner can pay 50%, and get a pristine device... But then I realized how much money mint condition gets me back on resale time.

Now using a case, especially one that enhances the experience, instead of taking away from it, is no longer anathema.

Chacocliff

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2014
K11 bumper for me. No matter what I always end up dropping my phone at some point in my ownership. Cracked too many screens.
I have been thinking about doing a bumper case this time around. Does it have three layers including a stainless steel one?

mrklaw

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2008
The reason I asked you is that my 6+ is so slippery and want a clear case that is thin but grippy to the hand. I like the look of the ones you posted in yer pictures...

Wish more would post pics because a pic is worth $999.00 0r $1149.00!

I emailed Caudabe the following question:

"Is the Lucid Clear-iPhone case slick on the sides or is it grippy/tacky to avoid slipping out of one's hand?"

Caudabe Response:

Thanks for the email! It does have some grip/tack to it due to the coating, but it also really depends on your hands. If you have dry hands and live in a dry climate, it may be relatively less grippy. Moist hands in a humid climate - no issues whatsoever.

Caudabe Support

They’ll all be about 1000% more grippy than the awful 6s.

Reactions: HuskerHarley

ariadnerentz

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2013
New York
I'll have a case on it. A white marble one I got off amazon. I also ordered a screen protector, but I hate screen protectors. I've never broken an iPhone, but the fact that this one is all glass is making me paranoid.

Nwkrep82

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2012
Agreed, madness isn’t it?

I’m in a thread on a discussion forum discussing ‘stuff’, amazing concept isn’t it...Didn’t realise the rule state you can only state what you do and please do not discuss anything...

This particular thread is about if your going naked, screen protector, or case for YOUR OWN iPhone X...I don’t think it was meant to criticize what others decide to do with their phones...If they aren’t doing with what YOU deem the best way, then it’s the worst thing ever...:rolleyes:

djdownhill

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2017
Los Angeles
Case for sure. Screen protector maybe? Depending on how the screen protector works with the phone screen I might not use one.

Last edited:

LarryJoe33

macrumors 68030
Jul 17, 2017
Boston
Got a leather Saddle Brown and Cosmos Blue on the way. My X will have a case on it the second it comes out of the box. No issues with going “naked”, I would love to, there just isn’t a grip without a case. Too easy to drop.

cyb3rdud3

macrumors 68040
Jun 22, 2014
UK
This particular thread is about if your going naked, screen protector, or case for YOUR OWN iPhone X...I don’t think it was meant to criticize what others decide to do with their phones...If they aren’t doing with what YOU deem the best way, then it’s the worst thing ever...:rolleyes:
To me it is. Why would it be like that for the other person. Surely it’s obvious that it is my opinion when I state what I like or not or when I find something hideous or love it.

Chill dude, sounds like you are taking this way out of context. If you want to make your phone ugly (remember in my opinion) then surely that is your prerogative.

You are acting like I drowned your kittens. I merely stated MY opinion on a discussion forum. Take it or leave it, the choice is entirely yours.

Reactions: tsturbo

mrklaw

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2008
Case for sure. Screen protector maybe? Depending on how the screen protector works with the phone screen I might not use one.

I don’t ant another screen protector that doesn’t go to the edge. And I’m wary of edge to edge ones that have been made without access to actual X's - lots of sensors in the notch that will need to avoid being blocked to work properly.

Nwkrep82

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2012
To me it is. Why would it be like that for the other person. Surely it’s obvious that it is my opinion when I state what I like or not or when I find something hideous or love it.

Chill dude, sounds like you are taking this way out of context. If you want to make your phone ugly (remember in my opinion) then surely that is your prerogative.

You are acting like I drowned your kittens. I merely stated MY opinion on a discussion forum. Take it or leave it, the choice is entirely yours.

You have a right to have an opinion...Opinions are like @ssholes...everybody has one. You have a right to think what is hideous or not...but it seems YOU took the discussion out of context...People are mentioning what they will do with their iPhone X...Instead you just come in here to criticize those that decide to put on a case, or skin, or screen protector. Why even be in here?...In a thread that will have many variants of the fore mentioned you hate. Just to say that’s ugly, hideous, stupid, etc?

But, alas, I digress...Time to move on...I can’t wait to get my iPhone X :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.