Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Smithwicks

macrumors 6502
Mar 21, 2011
Naked. Since I utilize Verizon’s annual iPhone upgrade plan, I don’t see the point in keeping it pristine. I’d rather enjoy it for what it is.

Reactions: JunkieJeff

sarc

macrumors 6502
Dec 3, 2016
So I was thinking I should get a screen protector for the X when I get it this Friday. I've had a number of iPhones and most of them have scratches on the screen. Not all are that noticeable but still somewhat annoyed as I don't thrown them about at all.

My only concern is how the screen protector will feel when sliding up to go home. All the previous screen protectors (from the apple store and online) all feel very rough along the edges. I'm guessing it will be much more noticeable with this new design for the X.

What do you all think?

AnthonyG6

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2017
IMG_0752.jpg
I've ordered this Totallee case from Amazon in Jet Black. It's so thin it makes the iPhone X blush.

Starfyre

macrumors 68030
Nov 7, 2010
With all the scare about how the iPhone X costing $279 to replace screen without AppleCare, I can't imagine how anyone could possibly go naked without any protection.

Marshall73

macrumors 68030
Apr 20, 2015
With all the scare about how the iPhone X costing $279 to replace screen without AppleCare, I can't imagine how anyone could possibly go naked.

Doesn't going naked mean not putting anything on it?
I’m going naked :p

Sifko36

macrumors member
Apr 24, 2015
No case no screen protector. I’ve never used either on any of my iPhones starting way back with my 3GS.

Starfyre

macrumors 68030
Nov 7, 2010
Apple silicon case for me.
I always grow wearly of silicone. I used to have an Apple iPod that I put a white silicone case around. After years, the white of the silicone yellowed in color and left a nasty residue on my phone that was almost impossible to get off.

Iphonethenickel

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2017
I have actually had a horrific experience with this company and would advise people to stay FAR AWAY from them. I have used both square trade and AppleCare and have found those services to be much much more worthwhile.

Totally agree. Reading the BBB and their comments to the reviews makes it seem like they make you jump through hoops. Sketch for sure. OP should be downvoted.

cwilliams706

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2017
Columbus, GA
SquareTrade (they partner with Allstate) seems to be cheaper than AppleCare+, I may go with them. I checked out the other option that was mentioned, Progressive partners with them. Is anyone else looking at carrier of 3rd party insurance options?

bopajuice

Suspended
Mar 22, 2016
Dark side of the moon
I prefer to go naked. Around the house, in my car, or to even get the mail I go naked. So does my wife. But if I go to work, or go to visit the in-laws I usually have a case on, just to be safe. My wife goes everywhere naked, even when shopping.

danilko1

macrumors 65816
Jun 21, 2010
I buy Apple Care+ and I mean I use it, or rather my family does.

For the new X, I will do the same I as I did for the 7+...

Apple Leather Case (This time midnight blue) $49
Skinomi Skin, just for the back, micro abrasion protection. $12
Anker Tempered Glass screen protection. $9 (This is the single best thing anyone can do.)

For the screen protection, I don't bother with their lifetime warranties, I just get new glass.

The first glass screen protector I got was $34 at Best Buy.. Never again. I go for the 2x for $8/10 at Amazon or even hit the Dollar/99c store. It seems that it's all the same stuff and it has saved us many many times.

Last edited by a moderator:

PCtoMAC1

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2012
I’m looking for a good case that can withstand drops and has a screen protector built in. Any suggestions? I run and workout with my phone, hence the need for such protection. I may just keep my 6 and use it to work out as an iPod.

rainafterthesun

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
Naked.

Knowing my clumsy self, I’ll probably end up with a tech 21 to protect it once I use one of the two Apple care.

I’m already out of apple care for this 7+ :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.