Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MDP

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 13, 2007
http://www.engadget.com/2016/04/06/nuheara-wireless-earbuds/

So it looks like these are the latest batch of wireless bluetooth headphones to hit the market. Engadget says that it 'blends ideas from Bragi's music and fitness-focused Dash, and Here's "active listening" experience.'

Will this take off, or will it be plagued with delays like all of the other smart earbuds on the market? Interested in all of your thoughts!

matticusk

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2012
Looks very innovative. I look forward to seeing further reviews and will probably pick up the second generation.

Greene

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2015
Fort Worth
I like the idea of these, but know that theres a 99% chance that I'd end up mis-placing them. When it comes to earbuds, I like a cord.

\-V-/

Suspended
May 3, 2012
I'm really looking forward to getting something like these. Especially for the gym when working with a training partner and you wanna listen to music, but also hear what they're saying.

MDP

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 13, 2007
I'm really looking forward to getting something like these. Especially for the gym when working with a training partner and you wanna listen to music, but also hear what they're saying.

Yeah, same here! And also for complete silence or music on a plane flight but still hearing what the person next to you is saying.

vercengetrix

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2016
http://www.nuheara.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Hearables-Market-Hunn-Mar2016.pdf

Interesting read here on hearing damage.

'Humanity’s relatively recent addiction to music and particularly loud music is leading to a major future problem. Hearing loss is set to be the new diabetes. In a recent report the World Health Organisation (WHO) estimated that around 1.1 billion young people under the age of 30 are at serious risk of hearing loss because of their levels of sound exposure.'

'Although not as medically debilitating as diabetes, the prospect of billions of people having hearing difficulties when they still have thirty years of working life will have profound effects both in the workplace and society in general. Whilst one view is that this generates an opportunity for the current hearing aid industry, they have not shown any indication that they will change their business model.'

matticusk

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2012
http://www.nuheara.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Hearables-Market-Hunn-Mar2016.pdf

Interesting read here on hearing damage.

'Humanity’s relatively recent addiction to music and particularly loud music is leading to a major future problem. Hearing loss is set to be the new diabetes. In a recent report the World Health Organisation (WHO) estimated that around 1.1 billion young people under the age of 30 are at serious risk of hearing loss because of their levels of sound exposure.'

'Although not as medically debilitating as diabetes, the prospect of billions of people having hearing difficulties when they still have thirty years of working life will have profound effects both in the workplace and society in general. Whilst one view is that this generates an opportunity for the current hearing aid industry, they have not shown any indication that they will change their business model.'

I'm interest in how pronounced the benefits will be for those with tinnitus as well. Being someone who has had tinnitus for over 10 years, I'm keen to test it for that reason alone.

vercengetrix

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2016
I'm interest in how pronounced the benefits will be for those with tinnitus as well. Being someone who has had tinnitus for over 10 years, I'm keen to test it for that reason alone.

Keep in mind it's not technically a certified medical device - but it is an assisted listening device and I'm sure you could create your own custom profile to suit your needs. Hopefully it integrates smoothly with iOS so you could maintain the same profile regardless of which device (iPhone, iPad, MacBook) you Bluetooth with hands free.

vercengetrix

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2016
kawasaki.png

He was one of the Apple employees originally responsible for marketing their Macintosh computer line in 1984. He popularized the word evangelist in marketing the Macintosh and the concepts of evangelism marketing and technology evangelism.

vercengetrix

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2016
https://twitter.com/super_ventures/status/728296719134261248

Super Ventures is focusing on augmented reality companies that are using the technology to solve problems which deliver a major leap in human performance, or give people superpowers by applying foundational technologies in various verticals.

“We have evaluated nearly 1,000 Augmented Reality products over the last eight years, so we can instantly recognize unique tech, a promising use case, and matching business models,”

vercengetrix

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2016
If anyone is still interested: first hands-on preview from someone in San Francisco.

http://www.techhive.com/article/307...tooth-ear-buds-are-about-more-than-music.html

"The speech enhancement was impressive. While there were slight Doppler/phase artifacts, the overall enhancement of dialog and reduction of background noise was quite good. I was grinning during the experience. Only driving really fast on a track normally does that."

vercengetrix

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2016
9 days left

http://techcrunch.com/2016/05/25/nuheara-iqbuds/

The answer, interestingly enough, is a little bit of both. The IQbuds are, ostensibly, Bluetooth earbuds. That they’re completely wireless is enough to make them intriguing, but what really sets them apart is the noise cancelling they employ. It’s not simply the active or passive variety, it’s what the Perth-based company refers to as “intelligent hearing.” And it’s really pretty compelling.

it will be “closer to Bose than Apple earbuds,” but I guess we’ll see in due time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.