O2 Failover page - successful orders if any?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Kerching, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Kerching macrumors member

Please only respond if you have had a successful order.

Did anyone who got the page saying:-

"Thank you for your order. We are processing this and will contact you if there are any complications with the details you have provided."

Actually had any notificiation via email/phonecall/ their O2 Outsanding Orders part of the online billing system that their order has gone through?

2. onescoop macrumors member

not me, though mine did go through about a minute before they pulled the plug on the whole thing.

I'm assuming that they're going to tell everyone who managed to place one by Thursday am and that everyone who hasn't been contacted by then should just assume that o2 hates them.

3. Kerching thread starter macrumors member

Well i got an update from a chap at O2.

I mailed him a screen shot of the final page after filling in the failover page.

To be fair he went away and didn't shoot from the hip so to speak. 3 hours later he did phone me back and told me that they are processing those orders by hand and we should know within 24-48 hours if we were successful.

4. jonnyb macrumors 65816

I got a successful screen from the failover page yesterday. I, too, took a screenshot but, to be honest, I'm not that bothered if they come back to me or not. Now that they've opened up existing iPhone upgrades in-store, I'd rather pick one up early on Friday morning anyway.

Will those who were successful on the failover page get their iPhones on Friday? I'd be annoyed if I was holding out for this alone and they said I wasn't in the first allocation.

5. deniser macrumors 6502

deniser

6. Hudzilla macrumors 6502a

Hudzilla

REALLY????

7. Rigsby macrumors regular

I managed to get the failover success page three times, but have not heard either way since. To be fair I pretty much assumed at the time that, at best, it would end up on an ignored database at O2 or, more likely, my details weren't even stored - and as more time passes I'm guessing that's what's happened.

8. jonnyb macrumors 65816

Yes, it's pretty much confirmed everywhere now. Apparently, O2 retail stores got a memo following the online debacle that they were allowed to do existing iPhone upgrades instore on Friday.

I called my local store and they confirmed it.

9. tico24 macrumors 6502

tico24

I went in to my local store today and they confirmed it too.

10. Hudzilla macrumors 6502a

Hudzilla

Sweet, work can expect me late on Friday then!!!

11. bumfilter macrumors regular

Does anyone know if they will re-credit check you etc?

I've been with o2 online for years and would prefer to just be upgraded as they would do it, i.e. no credit check, just hand over the phone etc.

12. judethat macrumors 6502

judethat

same thing happened to me. Thought it had not been successful, but last night got an order number and said would be delivered on Friday.....Happy..

13. Kerching thread starter macrumors member

When you say same thing - was that the failover page you got?

14. brianjcameron macrumors member

My failserver order has just been accepted. Have my order number, and showing as in progress in my 02 section of website. Promise to tell me when despatched. Its 16GB Black model, fingers crossed i get it Friday, although i am based in Highlands of Scotland, and web does say may take more than 1 day!!!

Time now is 11.08am July 9th. Order was places 2.23pm Monday on the failserver.

15. Kerching thread starter macrumors member

Cheers geezer - in theory then i hopefully shouldn't be too far behind....

16. ginguar macrumors regular

After reading this thread i just checked my account on O2's site and I have an order number.

Not sure when delivery will be but at least i know now I'll get it as soon as they have it in stock.

phewww

17. Kerching thread starter macrumors member

I got told yesterday that it could take 24/48 hours for them to be processed - so am sitting here glued to my inbox and MYO2..... really don't want to stand in the rain on Friday

18. Leemo macrumors 6502

Leemo

I'm now hoping my failover order DOESN'T go through and appear as an actual order - the thought of not quite knowing if 'in progress' would mean getting one on Friday or not isn't a nice one.

So I'm hoping they ignore mine and I'll just trot along and queue in the rain!

19. stiano macrumors newbie

stiano

I filled out the fail over page around 2pm on Monday, I got the message saying my order would be processed, but when I phone O2 later that day they had no record of this or my order. So I gave up.

But

At 11.30 today I got an email from O2

Dear

Re: Order Number ******

If you've not ordered a new handset, this email is simply to tell you that your upgrade has been processed and your O2 service will continue uninterrupted.

If you have ordered a new handset, your order has been passed to our warehouse for processing. We'll let you know shortly when it will be dispatched.

You can check on the progress of your order by visiting www.o2.co.uk/trackyourorder

Thanks for choosing to stay with O2.

Regards,

O2 Customer Service

--------

Then This

Dear ********,

Thanks for your upgrade order. We're currently processing your request and will update you shortly on its progress.

Your order number is: *******

Order Details
    -------------------------------------------------
    consumer Bundle Apple iPhone 16GB Black Postpay SKU,Q1 08 Online GBP35 18M
    consume Delivery DeliveryFree Next Day Delivery

Please note that iPhone 3G comes with a 12 month warranty period.

You can check on the progress of your order by clicking by visiting www.o2.co.uk/trackyourorder

We may email you with further updates on the progress of your order.

Thanks for choosing to stay with O2.

Regards,

O2 Customer Service

Please note that this email has been sent to you from an unmonitored email account so we will not be able to respond to any replies to it. If you need more help, please visit our online Help Centre at www.o2.co.uk/help

20. winstano macrumors regular

I got the failover page 'successful order' message at pretty much the same time as the 'we are out of stock' message hit the o2 website... I went through to the upgrade page on a whim hoping the image was a placeholder to stop the tide of people trying to order... Didn't get a confirmation, rang customer services on Monday night and got a bit annoyed as they said it hadn't gone through... Last night, was round a mate's house, feel my phone buzz in my pocket, "Your order number is xxxxxxx and will be despatched within the next 5 working days"!

Still says 'processing' though...

21. bumfilter macrumors regular

I'm jealous, I haven't received anything yet!

Here's hoping.

22. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

I submitted the failover page AFTER the out of stock message appeared on the site. I don't think they'll be sending me one.

23. jonnyb macrumors 65816

Godammit! Good for you mate, but I placed my failover order at 1.40pm on Monday and I've received an email telling me they can't tell me yet. Surely I should have got an order if you have?

24. judethat macrumors 6502

judethat

Hi,

Yes, I got the same message you had got Kerching and thought I had not been lucky, but last night received a confirmation of my order and it has now appeared in my account with a number, saying "in progress". I had tried about 12 times and failed each time. Last Occasion I got the message

"Thank you for your order. We are processing this and will contact you if there are any complications with the details you have provided."

Now turned into a proper order number....

Had three emails to say that I will get an SMS to confirm when delivery will be and when order despatched.

25. Kerching thread starter macrumors member

Well who knows the order they are being processed in or how they are being processed. I doubt it is one person sitting there with them all in chronological order.... worst case is if it hasn't happened by tomorrow evening then i know i have to queue and hope for the best. Must check the weather to ensure it will be chucking it down first thing.... doesn't bother me as the water doesn't go beyond the skin....